Klein Bottle Hat

cajunwhacko

One day reading through a bunch of backlogged posts I saw something about a klein bottle hat, so I thought y'all might like to see the one I made my dad a while back. I made up the pattern with some trial and error. Unfortunately it's a little hot in Florida for him to wear it (especially with the two layers), so Mozart is doing the honors. I'm making dad another one in Texas A&M colors - he wants one with a bigger loop. I think I'll have to make Mozart one his own size too...

th_mo1.jpg th_mo2.jpg

Anne

Wrapped in Chains

Maybe I should do a little explaining for those of you who haven't heard of such a thing before.

A Klein Bottle is sort of like a moebius strip (or moebius scarf)... it only has one side. The inside is the outside and it never really ends. A Klein Bottle has infinite volume... but I'll leave it at that because I don't want to give anyone a headache. Dad used to teach atmospherical physics, so he's all about the scary math stuff. LOL

Anne

I really really really like that. :D I'm trying to sell the idea to my sweetheart, but so far what he really wants is a loonnnng stocking cap. I like this much better, very cool! :clap

awesome possum!!! i'm totally not telling my Aggie engineer hubby about this one, i'm certain he'd put this at the top of my list!!

LOL I told my dad I was going to make Mozart his own, and he just looked at me and said, how bout you finish mine first?

But dad, this way I can get all the kinks out... LOL

Archived