How many different crochet projects does everyone have going at the same time? I have a christmas tree skirt , A blue pacifier bear , a afghan, a hook case, a barbie doll gown... How do you decide what to work on? So many projects so little time...LOL

i only allow myself one project at a time. otherwise if i start to many they will never get finished because i will just keep starting new ones and that would drive me crazy! what yarn did i use? what hook? well that stitch does not look like the others!!!!! nope not for me. i do allow myself an exception if i am working on something big and i need a sense of accomplishment i will do something small and quick but then i go right back to my other project!

I have a broomstick lace scarf which I should finish today, a messenger bag that I want to finish by the time we go camping at the end of the month, a baby blanket that needs to be done by June, and a dog sweater that needs to be done by last winter (oops! Let's try again for NEXT winter). I try to work on them in order of what needs to be finished first, but sometimes I get so bored working on the same project I switch projects to spice it up a little.

I'm pretty new to crocheting but just started my fourth afghan. I can only handle one project at a time right now :lol. It'll probably always be one project at a time for me as I get too obsessed with what I'm doing that I can't stop until it's finished, I'm the same when I read.

That is a really good question and I am also lookijng forward to hearing everyone's answers!! :D I have a really bad habit of starting way too many projects at once. Now I am trying to make a list of everything I am working on and projects I would like to start. Then I have a Christmas list and am trying to prioritize and match up things I would love to make with people to make them for. Right now I am making a round ripple, a lumberjack, a teddyghan, stained glass afghan, 2 fat bottom bags, always a prayer shawl in the works, and fridgies for the swap... :sweat love every project, have each one in a seperate basket with directions, yarn, hook and scissors in each and I just grab a different basket every time I head out the door! :hook I laminate my patterns so they survive getting dragged around. I bid on crochet hook lots on e-bay so I have tons of hooks and just keep 2 in each project basket...my husband says I should probably be seeking help for this disorder and I told him I have all the therapy I need with the crochetville support group!:yes

It's ridiculous! I have a sickness...it's called crochet ADD. I can't focus on one thing at a time. I've gotta finish a bunch of things that have fallen to the wayside. I suffer from the "what hook was I using?" dilemma. No fun!:no

I really try not to start more than 2 or 3. I find that I lose interest in one and never finish it if I have too many going on at once. That is what is happening right now. I started a dragonfly afghan about 2 months ago and I havn't touched it in about a month. I have been sidtracked by a couple of great summer tops. I will get back to it though, I bought the yarn special for it, and it would bug me to see it just sitting there unfinished.

It all depends really if I'm enjoying making it I usually finish before I start something else but sometimes I get board and just need to go to another project. At the moment I'm doing two bags one is almost finished I just need to find the right lining for it, another is for my crochet stuff (am really gonna need more than one) but I've stopped making the bag so I can get some squares sent for the Hokie Healing, I've even got my best friend doing some and she ain't that keen on crochet (finds it to difficult).

I have a small note book I use to write done what I'm working on, what hook I'm using, the color and code number of the yarn, and what stitch, stitch's or pattern I'm using and if its for someone who. I am going to take photo's of all my finished stuff now just to keep a visual record as well 'cause most of it goes to others. I am also starting to write down what I want to make in the future and what pattern or website I want to use or ideas I may have for it if I'm not using a pattern (I have never been very good at doing what I was told and patterns are know to do that :lol).

I try to keep only one thread and one yarn project going, that said I have two thread projects and three yarn afghans going at this time..... I am making a LARGE pineapple tablecloth for my table and it is taking FOREVER!!! So I am working on doilies inbetween to keep from getting to bord with it. An as far as thread projects go, I have a charity granny square afghan that needs to be put together, and it will be done, I hate that part. I also have a baby afghan my daughter asked me to make it is almost finished for a friend of hers, then I have another yarn charity afghan I am makeing that I crochet on when we drive.........so that is how I got away from my normal two projects at a time, thing.....

Hmm.. well, I do try to keep my projects on the go to a minimum overall.

That said, I guess I aim for one large project that isn't portable, one portable simple project for when I commute somewhere and am not driving, and then some smaller projects to keep me feeling some accomplishment in between!

My 'large' project is a plaidghan and it takes about an hour per two rows. I think it has around 300 or so rows. I sat down and looked at my chart for it last night, and I figure that if I do two rows every day for the month of May, I'll get it from 30% done, to 50% done the middle section! Needless to say, I need some 'filler' projects to keep me from feeling bummed for lack of finishing that one!!

Oh boy, let's see, :think I have a ripple I am on hold with until I get one more skein of pale yellow. :ohdear I am doing the Lumberjack flannelghan it black and orange and just picked up more yarn for that. :yarn I have a baby afghan of blue, yellow and varigated squares. :rolleyes I just started a quilt afghan. :sweat I am also doing 9 block squares with scraps as I get time.:hyper

This is not looking good. :embar I also just got the yarn for an afghan for a dear friends husband. I'm thinking of doing the Blue Star for that one. :help I am in trouble here. :devil

im not sure i wanna answer this one lol i have a scrap corner to corner going a round ripple started 3 graph ghans going a lacy blocks afghan going some fleece blankets to do or half done i think thats it yikes

I am so much a one project person. I also try not to do anything that will take forever to complete. That said I just started my first thread project which is a top for myself. I may end up doing a second project just so I can keep from getting too bored.

I always have a bunch of things going. I get bored really easily when I am crocheting so keeping more then one project helps. I have a ghan going for my bed that I am using the friendship jewel granny pattern and scrap yarns for, charity stuff of course, and I have a bear back there that REALLY needs to have me cut some more yarn and finish putting his "fur" on. Getting ready to start another Betsy Bear for next month. She is cute in red, white, and blue. One of these days I will make me one of em!

Archived