Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I started working on mine this week. This is what I will be doing. I am using 5 colors of Caron Simply Soft in Brights

vangogh01.jpg

and again I say...

WoW

afghan021.html

Hello everybody.. how fun, I am pretty happy with the nice soft caron yarn and I love these colors so much I think this afghan is actually going to stay on my bed! It was supposed to be a pet bed project.. but my dog sleeps on my bed anyway! :eek

Every single picture I have looked at today on this van gogh CAL posting page is gorgeous. Wow I love the doily in blues and dark purple.. or is it black.. it is so pretty! I never thought about doing a doily or runner but the possibilities are endless, and you guys are true artists! This is just so fun! I am running ideas through my head now and I am afraid I just don't have enough yarn :no .. so it's Joannes for me today:cheer

hugs from your new member and partner in crochet stash hiding,

Jill/Thimble

Hey everybody, whew I think I did it.. OK this is the Van Gogh project .. lol started out as a doggy bed but too bad so sad doggy, mom has to keep this one for herself. I love the way these yarns blend and soften the line, and I love the feel of the Caron yarn! I don't remember when I actually kept something I made .. so it's time. My dog sleeps on my bed anyway, she's watching me very carefully as I put each square down.. so everybody wins ;D Hope this picture turns out. This is Van Gogh's Amethyst Sunset Granny..

I love the colors in the doily and the blankets everybody is putting up! I really like the round ripple too, I want to do one of those next. As I said, I sadly do not have enough yarn so today's project is to race to Joannes. Thanks for the nice CAL, I love this method of varigating and can't wait to do another one..:yes<a href=th_afghan_002.jpg' alt='th_afghan_002.jp

Jill

afghan_021.jpg

OK I finally was able to find more than a thumbnail and hopefully not too big of a file for this great message board here.. this pattern is so fun, I have to go out and get a must have bag of yarn! Don't know whether to thank you all or ask you for some good tips on hubbys questions of "what in the world would you be needing more yarn for??" lol.. I have a pretty good feeling that I am not the only one around here with this little yarn aquisition problem.. hmm! Anyway this is my show off picture (sorry finally got it right) and thanks again for the great pattern CAL.. this is my first one.. and now I am totally "hooked" ;):yes

Picture would be here

Oh, now I see it! :rofl

you may want to resize it though as there are guidelines about how big it can be.

It is a wonderful square. I love the colour.

:c9 lol isn't that usually how it goes. Thank you for the encouraging words.. my daughter said "mom if you make one more purple thing people are going to think you have OCD." I said shhh 'pass the purple salt shaker'

Well, I started working on mine this week. This is what I will be doing. I am using 5 colors of Caron Simply Soft in Brights

A) Watermelon

B) Mango

C) Limelite

D) BlueBerry

E) Grape

<snip>vangogh02.jpg

vangogh01.jpg

That is turning out beautiful. bright and cheery. :manyheart it. AWSOME job on matching up the colors.

Sandy

Laura - Wow love those colors in that doily Teal is a fav of mine. :)

Knic- love the rr I'm a fan of the sunburst colors :)

Jill- I do a lot with purples too that square is looking good. :)

I finished mine.

I picked the most simple pattern possible and used it as a stashbuster for my baby yarn. It was fun!!

525784025_04207a3219_m.jpg

Oh wormy, that is just wonderful. I love your colours.

WoW

Is there a limit on Wows like there is on smilies? :wlol

I sure hope there isn't a limit on the wow's since this CAL sure produces alot of work that deserves them.

I love those colors. I'm going to try one in baby yarn this month for the Charity Blitz.

Wow! I'm back from vacation and I have to say that everyone has been doing some awesome work on their Van Gogh masterpieces!

I have decided to make a large afghan by using four of the large granny squares in my light pink, bright pink, red combination, but having the colors go in opposite directions.

I have one square done then, three more to go! I think I'm gonna need more yarn!

Archived