New use for crochet hook

A long handled hook would be great to unclog or fetch junk out of a sink drain....but I would keep that one as tool ....like a screwdriver or pliers.

I once used a steel hook to rescue the cat from the bathroom. He locked himself in and the knob had one of those locks that has just a little bitty hole on the opposite side.

I also used a double ended hook to thread my cable cord through the ceiling/floor when running cable to the upstairs.

A steel hook to reset the cable box. I couldn't find a pen or anything else, and when the lady on the phone said to reset it I had to use the nearest available object to reset the box and the router.

Ear cleaner?

I've used an afghan hook to help get hair out of the kitchen drain.

I've also used steel hooks to open locked doors in a house I used to live at! Works great in those weird little holes that some doors have. A lot of knitters use crochet hooks to pick up dropped stitches too. :hook

A tiny steel hook lives in my hairdressing drawer. When I put my babyfine, straight hair up it sometimes has lumps. Using the non-business end of the hook I lift the outer hairs along toward the ponytail or braid to smooth the outer layer. Works great!

LOL I have a 4 yr old who likes to lock the bathroom door, so I always use the same steel hook to unlock it.

I once used a steel hook to rescue the cat from the bathroom. He locked himself in and the knob had one of those locks that has just a little bitty hole on the opposite side.

Used a tunisian hook to reach down between the toe to knee cast I was in and scratch (not highly recommended by doctors, but oh my did it help). Also ends up being a cat toy, although that is not by choice. I'll look up and find a cat or 2 staring mesmerized at the end of the afghan hook or I'll feel resistance because a little paw is batting at it. :P

Archived