Tiny Turtle - KristieMN's pattern

sonnets_and_stitches

I decided I'm going to crochet an entire zoo for a friend's daughter's birthday in August. My first piece is a practice turtle. :turtle I used scraps to make him up, which is why his feet don't match the rest of him! He came out a lot bigger than the dimensions given in the pattern, and I don't like seeing the stuffing. I'll probably use a smaller hook for the gift turtle.

I embroidered the eyes using the satin stitch. Despite all his problems, he really is adorable, and the local German in the office came over to coo over him! She tends to revert to her native German when she's really excited, and she did so today.

The pen is to give a sense of scale. (You'll notice it's red ink - I AM a teacher, after all. :D ) Thanks Kristie for a fun and easy pattern!:clap

x86894558.jpg

x86894721.jpg

x86895404.jpg

Turtlely~ Joy

The turtle is very cute.

Just a thought, but when I am stuffing something that is dark, I go to the dollar store and buy panty hose or stockings in dark colors, put the stuffing in them, then put that in what needs to be stuffed. Panty hose will stuff quite a few things. This way, the white stuffing doesn't show.

Love the turtle and the zoo sounds like a neat gift.:hook

The turtle is very cute.

Just a thought, but when I am stuffing something that is dark, I go to the dollar store and buy panty hose or stockings in dark colors, put the stuffing in them, then put that in what needs to be stuffed. Panty hose will stuff quite a few things. This way, the white stuffing doesn't show.

Love the turtle and the zoo sounds like a neat gift.:hook

i have done this on quite a few projects and it works well. just make sure you put the panty hose in before the opening gets to small.

EM,

Holy cow, are you horsing around? I'm having kittens over how many animal patterns are on that site! After shedding a few crocodile tears over being distracted from my office work, I ran hare-like through the site, cooing like a dove at all the zoo animal possibilities! I would be peacock-proud if I can do what I have in my mind for this little girl.

Thank you, EM! ~ Joy

Archived