Aussie Shoulder Bag

CrochetKitten

I really wasn't happy with this purse when I first made it, but then I realized it was just the handles I didn't like about it. So I posted the pattern on blog so that you may all take creative liberties with the handles if you like the bag. :lol I'd love to see what you create!

Click here for the pattern.

448253193_3baa4e5d65.jpg

It is a lovely bag and I like the handles. Can I ask why you have called it "Aussie Shoulder Bag" I checked through your blog and couldnt find a thing re this. I imagine there is a reason, and as an Aussie living downunder, I am curious.

I like it! It's funny, I don't use crochet/knit bags (mainly because I hate changing over all my stuff from one to another each time and I *absolutely* have to have everything (except the kitchen sink) :devil But I love making bags!

I like everything about your purse:yay . Maybe for the handles you could use some nice braided leather purse handles:think :think . You did an awesome job on that purse:yes :yes :yes . Thanx for the pattern, I'll give it a try. I don't know exactly when, I have sooooooooo many wip's:eek :eek .......

It is a lovely bag and I like the handles. Can I ask why you have called it "Aussie Shoulder Bag" I checked through your blog and couldnt find a thing re this. I imagine there is a reason, and as an Aussie living downunder, I am curious.

That's a good question! I saw a leather bag on some online retail store (can't remember which one) that was called the Australian Handbag or something like that. Maybe it was made in Australia? Anyway, I really liked the shape of it, and I kind of based the shape of my crocheted version off that. But I was calling the bag by that name in my head so much when I was designing it that it just kind of stuck, and I decided to keep it. :hook

• 1 month later...

Selena, It's a lovely bag and I think the handles look fine! Is it a problem to change them out and use something else or make a purse strap in the same vein as the pattern?

Thanks for sharing the pattern. I haven't made a bag yet but one day I will!

Selena, It's a lovely bag and I think the handles look fine! Is it a problem to change them out and use something else or make a purse strap in the same vein as the pattern?

Actually, I was thinking if I made the braided panel from the front a little longer it would make a cute matching handle. But by the time I thought of that I had already moved on to another purse pattern. So many projects, so little time! :hook

hey thanks, i actually like those handles - the whole thing is really cute!:hook

Archived