Fat Bottom Bags

miller3602

Question

On a rating from 1-10, (1 being super easy, 10 being really hard), how would you rate the Fat Bottom Bag pattern from SnB The Happy Hooker? I consider myself pretty good at crochet, maybe advance...just wanting to know...

10 answers to this question

I agree - the pattern isn't hard -- the stitch is a pain but not really hard.

Once I figured out the pattern... increases on either side of a center 5 stich block then it went quickly.

And iI do like things that go quickly!

when i first started to crochet it intimidated me. but i just finished the body of one (just waiting on the lining fabric to arrive =( ) and it's super easy. it was funny cuz when i first started to crochet, i thought you did a double crochet the way you do a herringbone half double. in fact, i made an entire granny square blanket wrong because of it!! LOL. so the stitch takes a couple tries to get a rhythm going, you just have to get into the habit of turning your hook around to get the yarn to cooperate at certain points. i think anybody could do it though, this bag is awesome.

I totally agree with "KnicKnac". The purse is between a 2-3. Super easy pattern to follow(once I got the hang of the stitch). The stitch is a pain, but the end result if nice:clap I also line my bag and I sew pockets onto the lining. The pattern for the lining can be found at http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006/10/sew-you-wanna-line-your-fat-bottom-bag.html

I'd rate it between a 1 and 2. I found the stitch really easy to do once you learn it. The trick is to do it in two steps. You can get a nice pace going once you figure it out. I made ten of those purses last year. I bought the book especially for that pattern.

Good luck on your purse!

:)

It's about a 1-2 for me, once I decided to do a regular hdc instead of a hhdc, it was smooth sailing!

I was wondering about doing this bag, did it work out ok with just hdc instead of hhdc? did you have to change the pattern at all? :think I tried the hhdc and after the first row I couldnt see were I was supposed to be putting my hook! doh! :blush

I was wondering about doing this bag, did it work out ok with just hdc instead of hhdc? did you have to change the pattern at all? :think I tried the hhdc and after the first row I couldnt see were I was supposed to be putting my hook! doh! :blush

The first time I made one, I used hdc by mistake...my eyes aren't what they used to be! LOL It turned out beautifully but a bit bigger...which was ok with me!

thats great to hear, all I need to do now is get the handles and something to make the lining with and away I go! ( not before I finish up one or two little projects first! I always like to plan ahead! lol) :)

Archived