pattern-a-holics anonymous

I see plenty of us have reasonable stashes (I mean, even if you've only made one project you're on your way to building a stash :) ), and some of us admit to having an out of control yarn addiction. For me, I love patterns. It has gotten to the point where I ask myself when is enough enough? I absolutely adore doll patterns in crochet and knit for fashion dolls from the 50s 60s 70s and 80s. They are so cool. I recently won a mixed lot at auction and I know that not only do I have enough, but I probably have too much....then again, I do love going through them and dreaming of what I might make. Sometimes I will pull a bunch out and I so enjoy sitting down, relaxing, and thumbing through them. I really like HAVING the patterns, but it may be time to tame the beast as I have more than I could ever imagine in this lifetime to make. Anyone in the same boat?

Same boat?, make that a air craft carrier! I :manyheart patterns. I keep printing patterns off the Internet and I can't stop! It's almost an obsession :eek Not only do I have crochet patterns but I knit, do cross stitch, quilting... I have several binders of patterns! :lol

oh i am so glad i am not alone.

i love to make amigurumi and i keep finding wonderful patterns both free and paid for. and i also love to make christmas stuff. i print them off and put it in a page protector. i have 10 binders full and am working on more.

i believe my stash wouldn't have nearly as much value as it does to me if i didn't have patterns to make with it. the two addictions go hand in hand haha! me, i'm obsessed with books. i love knitting and crochet books. even if i don't plan on doing exactly the patterns in them, they inspire me. and they're all good references to keep around if i haven't done something in a while, or if i want to try something new.

I don't have PAS :no ( :yes I do). I don't have YAS :no ( :yesI do). I am a collector of beautiful things yarn and patterns. I don't have a problem with either according to me. :D However according to hubby I have a SLIGHT problem.:laughroll

I have sooo many patterns/photos from the internet. every time i see something i like i copy it for future use someday. Yesterday i went thru

my sheets of piles of papers and i got tired. i had a pile of blankets, crafts, holidays, and helpful hints. I also had alot of duplicates. but i sort of got them organized.

jaye

I love my magazines, my books, my leaflets, my word docs (I copy freebies online I like to there) and .pdf files I save, my Evernote collection (I copy Annie's to there), my store pattern pulls, AND all the other patterns in my possession! I only have a year's worth of collection, but yikes, at least my pattern stash matches my yarn stash. :lol

edit/add: oh yes, and of course all the printed-off copies of the files I have saved on the PC! I print them off as I go to work on them. Or sometimes I print them off and let them hang around my desk for inspiration/motivation! :hook

I love patterns. If I find myself in a crochet slump where I don't feel like anything, I'll go through all my patterns then hop online to see if there's any new patterns I haven't added yet and send them into my crafting files on the computer... Or I'll organize my crafting files so they aren't leaking into other areas of my computer.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I, too, have my fair share of patterns. Some of which I know I will never make. I collect patterns for several reasons:

1. The patterns are difficult to get once they're no longer in print

2. I can pass my pattern collection on to my daughter (who also crochets)

3. It's my own personal library

I just have to jump in here.

I have just started with crocheting,a couple of months back (although I have wanted to learn for years).I have been collecting patterns like crazy.I have already copied off 3 brand new packages of computer paper.That doesn't even count all the ones I have saved on my computer.

If I keep this up at this rate the patterns will take over my home in a couple of years and I'll have to live outside.

What am i gonna do.Of course this is adding to my cross stitch addiction wich is already taking over hubb's new den.I guess he will just have to finnish my new bedroom(wating 3 years,half done)and I ll move it all up there.

I have no solutions for my sickness and I'm ot sure I want any.LOL!!

Have fun Ladies!!!

Heatherkmnw

I don't have PAS :no ( :yes I do). I don't have YAS :no ( :yesI do). I am a collector of beautiful things yarn and patterns. I don't have a problem with either according to me. :D However according to hubby I have a SLIGHT problem.:laughroll

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

This is EXACTLY the case at my house!!!!!

Ohhh...I love patterns too. I don't think I could crochet all the patterns I have in my lifetime...but I love having them anyways. It gives me something to dream about. Maybe I could someday!!! (at least this is what I tell myself. ;) ) I don't think I am addicted, per se...I am just a collector of patterns. People can do that, right? Collect the things they like??? So I collect patterns!!! :)

I always relied on my mom's stash, but now live too far away. I've recently become a little finatical about it. I can't resist stocking up on yarn. Everytime I see a sale I feel this need to buy some more. Luckily my husband keeps me in check. But I keep finding new projects that I want to try. I'm waiting to see if this is just a phase or if it's going to continue. It doesn't help that my 4 year old is as excited as I am and constantly asks what else I'm going to make for him.

Archived