My yarn finally arrived! Kind of....

Well, after a 9 week wait, my parcel finally arrived from Herrchners with the yarn I ordered. I was so excited....finally, my yarn! :clap:cheer

However, the box seemed awfully compact considering the amount of yarn I ordered, and it was seeminly light....

I opened the box and a large chunk of the yarn I ordered was missing. No note of explanation,no promise of a refund. I'm EXTREMELY irate. It's not like I can go to the local shop to replace what wasn't included in the order. They don't make this yarn in Australia, and no where imports it.

I have to say, overall this experience has turned me off. I spent $90 US on the yarn and $40 US to ship it out here, and now there's not enough of it to make the project I had intended to make.:no :no

I guess its an expensive and time consuming lesson to learn, but I'll not order from overseas again....

Contact their customer service and explain the situation to them. I have ordered from this company for many years, and there have been times when they actually sent my large order in several boxes. Let us know what you find out.

I would contact them and see what they say. Tell them you didn't get all of your order and you would appreciate an explanation. Hopefully they overlooked something and will send the rest of your order! I wish you the best!:think

I have sent them an email...one of many over the period I've spent waiting for the order. When it was taking so long (other orders from the US normally arrive in a week, my DH had a whole car exhaust system sent over and that took 3 days) I emailed them to query what the hold up was.

I actually got given 4 different dates of when it was posted. Which I thought was interesting. I had asked if it was coming in one shipment, and they said yes. And looking at the amount of postage they charged, and the postage sticker on the box, the figures match...so there's no other box out there. Trouble is, I don't want to be hit up for another $40 to ship the rest, if they'd included it in the original order the postage would have been slightly more, but not the cost of a separate parcel.

It's just left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a shame too, because the yarn I did get is just gorgeous, and like nothing that we have available out here.

Since it's there blunder, they shouldn't require you to pay the postage for the rest of what you paid for to be sent. I would suggest pestering them until they either give you a refund for what you didn't receive, or they send you the rest of your order, myself.

Oh I'm not going to let this go....it's quite a lot of money when you look at the US to Australian conversion rate. I just think to not say anything, no slip in the package to let me know the situation, was wrong.

I had ordered some crochet thread from them and they sent me size 10 instead of the size 20 I ordered and a email got quick and happy results. They told me to keep the size 10 and they shipped out the size 20 at no cost to me. I have really had good luck with them, but then I live in the US so it might be different to ship overseas...... I am sorry you didn't get all you needed, I hope they ship it out to you at no extra cost.

Did you double check your order confirmation, just to make sure you really placed an order for what you thought you did? Once in a while, I thought I'd put something in my cart and then it wasn't in there upon checkout. You should verify that. If it was included in your original order, they will not charge you additional shipping to complete your order.

Did you double check your order confirmation, just to make sure you really placed an order for what you thought you did? Once in a while, I thought I'd put something in my cart and then it wasn't in there upon checkout. You should verify that. If it was included in your original order, they will not charge you additional shipping to complete your order.

I thought that too Selune...that maybe I was forgetting what I had ordered or something, so I went back to the original confirmation of order, and sure enough, what I think I ordered, I did order. I haven't had a response to my email yet, however it's probably the middle of the night over in the US now or something.

Well, after a 9 week wait, my parcel finally arrived from Herrchners with the yarn I ordered. I was so excited....finally, my yarn! :clap:cheer

However, the box seemed awfully compact considering the amount of yarn I ordered, and it was seeminly light....

I opened the box and a large chunk of the yarn I ordered was missing. No note of explanation,no promise of a refund. I'm EXTREMELY irate. It's not like I can go to the local shop to replace what wasn't included in the order. They don't make this yarn in Australia, and no where imports it.

I have to say, overall this experience has turned me off. I spent $90 US on the yarn and $40 US to ship it out here, and now there's not enough of it to make the project I had intended to make.:no :no

I guess its an expensive and time consuming lesson to learn, but I'll not order from overseas again....

I would be initiating contact with their customer service department immediately! I would explain the whole thing to them and ask them "what do we do now?" I would also take a photo of the box as it looked when you opened it, and show them that there is no way that what you had ordered would have fit in that box in the first place.

Did you look at the packing slip, or at the label on the box? Did you make sure that it said "Package 1 of 1"? Sometimes they send things in more than one box and in that case the label would say "Package 1 of 2". Is it possible that this is the case and that the second package got waylaid somewhere and will arrive later?

Elle

I'm glad you emailed them.

Herrschners once sent an order out to me with NO MAILING ADDRESS! haha. I emailed as soon as I noticed it on the confirmation email, and they said I had to wait for it to come back to them in a couple of weeks, then they would put my address on it and resend.

There was no extra charge to me and I did eventually receive my yarn.

Good Luck, I hope you get the rest of your order soon.

If they continue giving you bad service, you could always try to report them to the Better Business Bureau. It can take a while, but doing that usually does get SOME sort of result.

I hope this pans out for you quickly and easily.

Archived