Cute brimmed hat, japanese design

mimicat

I made this hat from WW acrylic yarn in my stash and 5mm aluminum hook. It turned out big, but it fits my son well.:) I did another one (the brown one in photo) using 4.5mm hook, and I think it fits me ok. But I dont know if I would be wearing it, since its always warm here. Its now on its way to my sister in U.K., and hopefully she'll like it. ;) ETA: my sister got it and she really liked it:cheer , details on my blog.

434951797_880d2dd36b_m.jpg 442834623_183d3d30da_m.jpg

I got the pattern from a japanese book. I just followed the diagrams in there and did not alter it.:hook

interesting hat :) hope your sister loves it, she is sure to get a lot of us out of it in the UK!

I love it!! I wish those books would be translated/published in English.

Do great minds think alike or what? That's just what I was thinking.

My sister would love that hat. I bet her boyfriend would love it too. :lol

I love it! I'm crazy about Japanese hat patterns, and Japanese crochet books in general. That particular hat, alas, is not in my hat book. Do you mind posting the ISBN number? That way people (as in, yours truly) can look it up or order it online.

I love it! I'm crazy about Japanese hat patterns, and Japanese crochet books in general. That particular hat, alas, is not in my hat book. Do you mind posting the ISBN number? That way people (as in, yours truly) can look it up or order it online.

Hi, thanks for your comment! I have two copies of the book for sale, its on my website here.

I've seen this pattern too and was thinking of having a go at it for myself. Your sister should be able to wear it plenty here in the UK! Although it looks like we're at least in for a really nice Easter.

Mandy

Archived