Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

This thread has had me cracking up. I'm a little behind but I'm loving the pattern. I was a little intimidated at first but once I actually started it I was surprised at how easy it was to follow. I had to frog two rows but that was my own fault for trying to crochet while I was half asleep. All the pics I have seen so far look great. Thank you Heart for doing this CAL.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the suggestions for these are great too, teacher's gifts, shut-ins, nursing homes, hospitals, childrens party favors...the list is endless! Wonder if they would sell at festivals, flea markets or fairs?

dont forget dress all the naked cans of the world!

I am trying to finish off the one in size 10 thread first. Then I'll finish off my other one. I may make a second in the size 3 and give them to both of my daughter's teachers but I'm not sure yet if I'll get them done in time. I haven't decided what I want to do with my smaller one yet though.

Ok. Here are pictures of my finished one before I starch. I'm not sure if I really want so, it can stand on it's own. I havent' added the handle yet, so that might change things....

th_mystery3.jpgth_mystery4.jpg

It does look a little wobbly without the cheese container inside it, so I guess I really should at least attempt to stiffen it up a little. The wobbly is from the bell effect I said I had earlier. If I'd gone back and frogged it, I might not have had the problem. Too late now! :P I think my friend will really enjoy this with a few little chocolates and a JoAnn's card tucked inside. (She's crafty, but not with the yarn...)

Ok. Here are pictures of my finished one before I starch. I'm not sure if I really want so, it can stand on it's own. I havent' added the handle yet, so that might change things....

th_mystery3.jpgth_mystery4.jpg

It does look a little wobbly without the cheese container inside it, so I guess I really should at least attempt to stiffen it up a little. The wobbly is from the bell effect I said I had earlier. If I'd gone back and frogged it, I might not have had the problem. Too late now! :P I think my friend will really enjoy this with a few little chocolates and a JoAnn's card tucked inside. (She's crafty, but not with the yarn...)

Oh, I love the main color (whatever it is...remember you can tell me anything and I won't know the difference! :lol ) It's really very pretty Addey and I think your friend will be so pleased! I know I would!

Didn't catch it before when you mentioned the Parmesan cheese container, but you're getting a little bit "cheesy" with these pants? :rofl :rofl

:manyheart:hug

Oh, I love the main color (whatever it is...remember you can tell me anything and I won't know the difference! :lol ) It's really very pretty Addey and I think your friend will be so pleased! I know I would!

Didn't catch it before when you mentioned the Parmesan cheese container, but you're getting a little bit "cheesy" with these pants? :rofl :rofl

:rofl:rofl:lol

Thank you!!! I needed that laugh this morning. :lol:rofl

The 2 strands of # 10 together would be delicate, and look beautiful! It would be dainty, and so sweet. If you had a size C hook, it would probably give it a tighter feel. But the D size hook would help it look more lacy. Wow...this little pattern just keeps on giving! :U

I have some thoughts about making the basket with a single strand of #10 thread. You'd have to really increase the # of sts. What I found out when trying to get the original pattern to come out right is that when round 8 is done, you need to have an even number divisible by 3 of dc's.

Here's how my smaller one worked out. I had to do this cause of my crochetin' tension. Smaller hooks didn't work so I just decreased the sts and used the D hook. I chained 4, 14 dc in the ring, starting out with 15dc. R2=30dc, R3=30sc, R4=45hdc, R5=15 V sts, R6=15 sets of 3dc, R7=15 V ss, R8=42dc, R9=42sc, R10=7 V sts, 14 ch2 sps, 7sc, R11=7 V sts and 7 ch3 sps, R12=42sc, R13=42dc, R14=14 V sts, R15=42dc (14 sets of 3dc), R16=42 V sts and 42 extra ch1 sps (in between the V sts, R17=84 ch3 loops.

I tried a medium size with a ch4, 17dc in the ring, making 18dc. At R8, I had 51 dc and R9 wouldn't work. An odd number of dc at the end of R8 will not work. So, starting with 18dc, it won't work.

I hope that's not just a bunch of gibberish and that it will be helpful to someone. With thread, it might work to ch7 or more, increasing by 3ch and have 24, 27, 30, 33, etc. dc in the ring, bearing in mind that probably 2 of the numbers I listed won't work after R8.

Sarah, can you use the numbers in my 2nd paragraph to include the smaller size in your original pattern? BTW, this pattern will be in the "Original Patterns" section of the forum, won't it? It needs to be! I just love it!

Now I'll quit rambling and put my hook and thread to work to see what I can come up with.

Have a Happy Day, everyone!

Did you guys notice what Sarah put in her siggy?

"Proud Member of the Can Pants Community!"

Can you believe how bold she is? And to think I suggested it.

OK, now we all have to revise our siggy's. GO!

EDIT: I'm gonna link mine starting with the page that Lea's post is on...where she was trying the pants on the cans in her kitchen and her DH caught her!

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Did you guys notice what Sarah put in her siggy?

"Proud Member of the Can Pants Community!"

Can you believe how bold she is? And to think I suggested it.

OK, now we all have to revise our siggy's. GO!

EDIT: I'm gonna link mine starting with the page that Lea's post is on...where she was trying the pants on the cans in her kitchen and her DH caught her!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Addey..It's adorable!

I did one in # 10 thread last night. I haven't starched it yet. It fits a vitamin bottle. I'll post photos this afternoon of my finished ones, the small one will still be on the can! Hahahahahahaha! ;)

Jeannie, I will go thru and look at the pattern you did, Do I need to do anything, or is it just adding the numbers in? I'll try to get that posted in the origonal patterns sometime soon. Maby titled...

"Frilly Easter Basket or Can Pants"

:dance :dance :dance :dance :rofl :rofl :rofl

Jeannie, I will go thru and look at the pattern you did, Do I need to do anything, or is it just adding the numbers in? I'll try to get that posted in the original patterns sometime soon. Maby titled...

"Frilly Easter Basket or Can Pants"

:dance :dance :dance :dance :rofl :rofl :rofl

Let me test it again and then I'll feel better about the accuracy of those numbers. I'll let you know.

oops, I just added it before I saw this...

Then I'll just test it now and let you know if there are any problems.

Can we have a post at the beginning that lists the links to the pictures like we did in the Crinoline Doily CAL? I guess we don't have that many pictures yet, though.

:lol

You ladies are all great for a laugh. I'm 'working from home' this afternoon. I washed and blocked the teal can pants, or in my case cheese pants and we'll see how that works. I'll have to do something about the handle. Instead of the ruffled edge to it, I just did a row of rsc. It's all twisted up now... normally that makes things lie flat for me. I also did my handle in white with teal around the edge. Hey, I made it almsot all the way through without any major changes! (Oh, yeah, I also made the handle about 4 stitches longer :P)

:lol

You ladies are all great for a laugh. ...cheese pants... Instead of the ruffled edge to it, I just did a row of rsc. It's all twisted up now... normally that makes things lie flat for me. I also did my handle in white with teal around the edge. Hey, I made it almsot all the way through without any major changes! (Oh, yeah, I also made the handle about 4 stitches longer :P)

Life's too short not to laugh. :rofl Besides it's good for your health! :rofl

That's "cheesy" pants :rofl...you know what "cheesy" means, don't you? :rofl

We've also got a bunch of independents here, too! I'm working on my independence right now...wanting to make a different "open look" than what we got with rounds 10-12.

Hey! Check out the 1st line of my siggy. It's a link!

Life's too short not to laugh. :rofl Besides it's good for your health! :rofl

That's "cheesy" pants :rofl...you know what "cheesy" means, don't you? :rofl

We've also got a bunch of independents here, too! I'm working on my independence right now...wanting to make a different "open look" than what we got with rounds 10-12.

Hey! Check out the 1st line of my siggy. It's a link!

:lol of course I know what cheesy is. :P Hopefully none of my work can ever be called cheesy... :D:lol

I always love a good laugh. It makes everything seem as unimportant as it should be. My dad's always sayin life's to serious to be taken seriously. He's right! (Or as Jimmy Buffett sang: If were weren't all crazy we'd all go insane...)

Archived