Recycled Denim Rag Bag

RecycleCindy

deminbag1.JPG

Here's my latest recycled bag. I crocheted it using two old worn-out denim shirts that I loved but couldn't bear to throw out. I've never tried doing a rag bag before so here's my first completed one!!

If you are interested, I did write out the instructions on how I created this at my website. Here's the Link and as always it's a free pattern for all my friends here at the 'Ville!

Enjoy :hook

Now that has got to be the very best idea of all times :manyheart

I LOVE denim and can't throw any jeans or shirts out no matter what...I've wanted to make something fabulous with them and now this is a great way to use some of them up!!!

Thank you :clap

That is so totally cute. I love that idea. I agree, we all need to go to the thrift store. Oh boy. Teehee. :lol

Thanks so much for sharing it with us.:yes:hug :hug

Great bag! And being denim, those cut edges will soften and fuzz up nicely if you toss it in the wash a few times. My friend made one of those fuzzy edge patch quilts using up old jeans her aunt had lying around. Had enough for a queen size blanket!

I love it! I bet denim shirt material would be much easier than pants, because it's thinner denim. Did it hurt your hands too much?

Yes denim shirts are much easier than jeans as it is so much lighter. You do have to be careful and not overwork yourself as it did tend to make my fingers sore. I have found though if I just take it easy and don't try to pull on my work its better. I try also to use my other fingers to pull and hold the material and that helps too.

Archived