The Support Here is Amazing

In the short time that i've been here, i saw someone post about a tragic loss, someone else instantly started a thread for a comfortghan, several people volunteered time and yarn for squares and sent them, some volunteered help for expense, and all of this took place in 10 days.

Words don't described how impressed i am by this. Impressed isn't even the word for it. When you hear all the bad stuff on TV about people, it's things like the support here that say "there's plenty of good left in the world." :hug:cheer:clap

(plus it's a good excuse to use the cheerleading smiley ;) )

I have also been impressed. I used to be a member of a different crochet board that imploded due to many nasty people really tearing into each other. I haven't been a member of any crochet board since that time. I decided I wanted to find a board to be a member of again, since I really love to share my projects and get feedback (my husband grunting it looks fine while not even looking up doesn't do it for me:eek ).

Since I have been here I have seen nothing but supportive comments and real group bonding which is amazing considering the size of the community. I am definately around to stay, and I have already committed to some charity work. I am definately not afraid to post a picture here, there are no comments about beginners projects looking crappy, everyone appreciates others work, regardless of ability. I am posting my first picture later today...with complete comfort.

So, I agree, great board:cheer and great smileys:clap :jumpyay

This is a place where everyone is welcome with open arms.:bow We are the biggest shoulder to cry :cry on when needed. We are a sounding board for woes and just ranting.:bang:rant We have people from all over the world and we are always learning something new. There is help here if you need a certain yarn, a pattern or some advice.

Some say Disney is the Happiest place in the world, but I think Crochetville is.

So with that in mind, here is a big :hug and thank you to all who make this a great board.:hook

I'm new here and reading this post really makes me feel like i've joined the right place! I'm looking forward to becoming more involved and getting in on the charity work to help other with this new obsession of mine:lol

this group has really great owners that work hard to make this a place to be proud to say you are apart of. It is a place were everyone from expert to novice can be a contributing part of. I have made good friends, gottens lots of wonderful help and many wonderful patters...most of them free.

I LOVE CROCHETVILLE

I agree with all of the others. This is a wonderful place. The people are so supportive and caring. I feel like they are a big part of my family. I have always enjoyed crocheting, but since I have joined this board, my crocheting has expanded. Instead of doing sometheing I have always done, I am trying different things that in the past I would have been afraid to try. I really enjoy it here and the support and encouragement is great.

I feel the same way! This place is great!!!!!!!!

Since joining the site I have crodheted some really great things. I know if I need help, I can come here and I will get the help I need.

I have to agree with everything that's been put in this thread. I've never come across such a thoughtful, loving, caring group of people. I read some of those threads about people who've lost loved ones, and the quick and creative support that is sent out to the board members is amazing. I've been posting on here for maybe a week, I already feel like I have a couple of friends here, and I have never felt so at home.

I am thankful that I've found this place. :D

• 2 weeks later...
This is a place where everyone is welcome with open arms.:bow We are the biggest shoulder to cry :cry on when needed. We are a sounding board for woes and just ranting.:bang:rant We have people from all over the world and we are always learning something new. There is help here if you need a certain yarn, a pattern or some advice.

Some say Disney is the Happiest place in the world, but I think Crochetville is.

So with that in mind, here is a big :hug and thank you to all who make this a great board.:hook

coollogo_com_228052965.gif is Disney for free!

What great excitement, treatment, support, rewards and prizes..... A TICKET TO WONDERFUL PROJECTS AND A GIFT TO THE CROCHETER'S HEART. :manyheart I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON, WHAT A THRILL!

I have to agree with everything that has already been posted!:yes Crochetville is an amazing place has the widest variety of smilies I have ever seen!:lol I just love coming here and seeing all the beautiful work everyone has done and all the patterns offered!:hook

Archived