Was in Kmart the other day and....

NancyCA

actually saw that they are bringing back the notions dept! I think since Sears bought it, they are going to change it bigtime. There was yarn and such in there and a LOT of things missing as well in other dept.

Ought to prove interesting to see how they compare on pricings with Walmart (right down the street from them).

WOW! That is big shock to me. I remember being dragged to Kmart as a kid and being totally annoyed when my mom wouldn't leave their craft department. I might just enjoy going to check it out since I practically grew up there! :lol

The Kmarts in my area have closed since last year but Sears is still around. I'll have to keep checking to see if they do anything with a notions department. Should be interesting.

LI Roe

I'll have to check out my Kmart tomorrow. I'd love to see them bring in a craft department. Our Kmart has never had one.

Well my kmart doesn't appear to bea dding anything new at this point but that's ok. I've discovered an A.C. Moore just over an hour from here and think I'm going to make a monthly shopping date with them.

My Kmart has had a notions dept since a little before Christmas! It was basically confined to one aisle and had scrapbooking, basic arts/crafts items (wiggly eyes, pipe cleaners, etc. and a very small yarn and crochet/knit section. The hooks and accessories seemed to be llimited to Bates, they had a few LA leaflets, and a very small assortment of Homespun, Cotton (not sure brand, but remember it was 4 ply), Red Heart SS, and some baby sport weight....when I say limited...I mean LIMITED!!!!! (Probably 10 skeins of each color, and only the most basic colors.

About 2 weeks ago, I was in there searching for some steel hooks, and the whole dept was wiped out...the shelves were bare except for a few busted open packages of hooks, a leaflet or two, and a few rolls of Super Saver...I checked to see if it was marked down, but it wasn't...

Now I'm wondering if they have decided to give up on the idea of a notions dept, or what???? I may have to check again this week and see if they have restocked.

Oh by the way, the prices were slightly higher than Wal-Marts, and they had no where near the selection...It's a shame too, because there is no LYS or craft store around within a 45 min drive :(

I checked out K-Mart yesterday. They had a very small Quilting/Knitting Dept. Had mostly sewing items (scissors, needles, buttons, pins,etc.). No yarn...just one knitting kit. Prices were on the high side, considering that most of the sewing items could be found in a Dollar Store.

charkitty

Sounds like I may be taking a trip to Kmart soon. :D Ours has had nothing for a long time.

Boy I remember being dragged to Sears for Yarn, material and such. Maybe they will be good for Kmart. Hope so.

Sure wish we had an AC more around.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived