Speaking of "am I normal", how many projects is too many?

Yeah, that's why I did the list; so I could get some of these things DONE.

I keep working on most of them, a bit here and there, and nothing ever gets finished.

None are really languishing, well, except for the 63 Squares afghan and my Bell Sleeve Pullover, but those WILL get done. They are just on vacation.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... let's see.... :think

* I think my very oldest UFO is a wildflower afghan that I only have about half the centers done. I started that probably 4+ years ago, just before I put my crochet down for a long time.

More recent and recorded list...

* Started 1/26/06 - Poppin' squares lapghan. Designed myself when I just started to get the crocheting bug again, and I didn't have any pattern books really.

* Started 7/13/06 - Red and Black Plaidghan. This thing is a monster! It's not hard per se, but there's something like 15 balls of yarn constantly attached. It's awkward as far as putting it away and getting out because of all the yarn balls. Also, I really could've used a much longer afghan hook! I had to put it away and haven't had the gumption to get it back out. :(

* Started 8/28/06 - Burgundy Pinwheel. Progressing slow because I only work on this when I'm doing something like commuting on the bus and want a portable project to work on.

* Illusion Knitted Scarf - I'm going to frog this and make a new pattern now that I understand how illusion knitting works.

* Blue Star Afghan - My currently worked on afghan at home. Thank goodness for the CAL to keep me going! The 9-patches drive me batty because I spend as much time weaving ends in as crocheting! I never realized I didn't like making "patchwork" items before!

As for items I have bagged up to start, or in mind to do... that's a hefty list! :lol:hook

I guess I'm in the minority too b/c I only have a couple of projects going at one time - usually a crochet project and a knitting project. As I get close to completing one, I start getting excited about starting something new. Personally, I couldn't have tons of projects going at once b/c I think I would get frustrated working a little bit on each one and it taking so long to complete something. That's what gives me such satisfaction - completing something ... and either getting to use it or giving it away.

I am not sure how many i have started. Let's see:

1. large shell stictch afghan for myself

2. blue baby blanket for church friend

3. square granny scrapghan almost finished

4. rectangular granny scrapghan

5. baby yarn scrapghan

6. green rectangular ghan for sil

7. crazy scrapghan....may frog this

8. 63 squares 6 finished.

9. 12" squares, at request from hubby

Hey not as bad as i thought!

WIM

1. tote for dil

2. tote for her mom

3. spring scarf for swap

4. jacket for phillee, dd dog

5. shawl for me

Not sure where to put this project....collecting 8" squares to make a crochetville ghan for myself. kind of fits both!

Well you all have made me feel better! I have an afghan that needs fringe, a doily I am working on. I also have a wool mat I am making for the 4 legged babies that I will felt. One shawl that really has become a UFO because I am painfully bored with it, and 1 doily that is a definite UFO since I can't find the pattern.

Of course I have a mountain of patterns that I want to make!

So answer me this...I have 20 things that are WIP's, yet yesterday I started AND finished a Fat Bottom Bag - why can't I do that with all these other things???

What is my problem??????

:rofl

So answer me this...I have 20 things that are WIP's, yet yesterday I started AND finished a Fat Bottom Bag - why can't I do that with all these other things???

What is my problem??????

Must be the same one that I have.... I have soooo many projects started. I need to just sit here and finish them up and not start any new ones till the others are done. But..... There are sooooo many pretty patterns to try.. I just can't help myself.

I have 2 afghans going. It was 3, but one of them became squares for Judi's charity. I don't think I have ever had as many as 25 although I'm sure I have been close especially around Christmastime.

I always have ideas for another project when I start something. I get inspired by a new stitch or something. There are little notes and drawings all over my desk. One day I am going to sort and scan them onto a disk so I'm not looking at those little notes all the time.

I like the idea of the Excel spreadsheet I may do that to prioritize my planned projects.

Sheryl

Oh man, so I just got those two new rolling yarn totes, and found more projects that I'd started and totally forgotten about:

a shawl for me

a pair of knitted socks, with stitches on the evil DPNs (why am I torturing myself with learning to knit? Why???)

several dishcloths in various stages of doneness

and the half done cat bed which I couldn't find b/c it was hidden under the scrap yarn

So what did I do today? Bought more yarn.

Tiga,

you have cracked me up for the first time today. i can't believe you went out and bought more yarn.

i though i was bad, buying yarn for a project while i am still working on a project and then never starting the project that i bought yarn for and then going out and buying more yarn for a differnt project and not starting that project.....i think you can finish the rest!

I posted this on the Stash Busting thread, but I find it's necessary here as well:

THE TWELVE STEPS OF STASHAHOLICS ANONYMOUS:

1) I admit I am powerless over yarn — My stash has become unmanageable.

2) I have come to believe that there is a power greater than me that can restore my sanity, and that is the Stashbusting Thread at Crochetville.

3) I have made a decision to turn my yarn over to the care of this greater power.

4) I have made a search and inventory of all of my yarn.

5) I have admitted to ALL OF CROCHETVILLE the the exact nature of my wrongdoing, which is the hoarding of yarn.

6) I am entirely ready to make sure that the Stashbusting Thread at Crochetville removes this horrible character defect of hoarding yarn.

7) I humbly ask those at CROCHETVILLE to help me remove this shortcoming.

8) I have made a list of all persons and animals that I have harmed because of this addiction, and I am willing to make amends to them all.

9) I have made direct amends to such people and animals wherever possible except if it would cause more injury to them.

10) I will continue to take inventory of my yarn, and promptly admit when I start hoarding yarn again.

11) I will seek help thru the Stashbusting Thread at Crochetville to help carry out my goal of becoming STASH FREE.

12) I have had an awakening of sorts as result of the previous steps and I will try to carry this message to other StashAholics out there and to continue to practice these principles in my daily affairs.

It doesn't count as stash if you know what you are going to make with it, AND you have the pattern already.

Right.

*small voice* right?

I didn't buy the really pretty cotton dishcloth yarn! That counts for something, right? *doesn't mention that she's waiting for a sale and/or a coupon to stock up on more cotton when she hasn't used up what she already has...*

I am fairly new at this and only have two projects going at this time but lots waiting in the wings! I am currently working on beach bags for my daughter and I. I have yarn waiting for a baby blanket and snuggly for a friend due in July. I also have yarn waiting to make a sweater for me. I am sure many other things will come along to ad to the list because I am addicted!!

1. sampler afghan (wip for 3 years......)

2. butterfly wing shawl (not sure if I have enough yarn.....3 skeins used, have 4 left...or so....)

3. Alien from the Annie's Attic "hug a buddies" face and antennae to make still.

4. frog hackey sack (started 2 years ago)

5. Winnie the Pooh (started about a year or so ago.....) (only need to make the shirt)

6. butterfly wing shawl (started the other day, have 1/3 finished maybe, or 1/4)

7. Christmas tree started. (before last christmas) Not liking how it's turning out. Used the pattern that goes over a 2 litre pop bottle. Don't like it becuase it is turning into the shape of the bottle, rather than a triangle like a tree. Also looks nothing like the example in the picture. 1/2 done the branches

8. newsboy hat. just have to sew the brim around the plastic canvas.

9. ice crystals poncho. not finished becuase of dye lot problem in the very beginning. I like the general stitch pattern, not fond of how it would look on me as a poncho...(bigger size person) May take apart and make another butterfly wing shawl (I love that pattern. The person who made it is a genius! I love that it's the same row all the way......woo hooo!

10. Triangle mesh shawl. started. not sure if i have enough to finish it. I don't think i can frog it, becuase the yarn had a lot of bumpy bits in it......

That's all I can remember right now..........

Oooh, what's the pattern you are using for the butterfly wing shawl? The new yarn I bought wants to be a shawl for Mom...

Oh, that's gorgeous, but....

1. I have a light worsted weight yarn (It's Bernat "worsted"; it's not listed on their website, so I'm guessing it's their bargain brand or something; it's very similar to the new Mainstays, but a tad thicker - 300g is 532m/582yds)

2. I only have 2 balls of it (about 1164 yds. if I can add in my head correctly), so I'm not sure that pattern will translate well.

and

3. Mom wouldn't wear something that "fancy" to work. Sigh. She's such a dork sometimes.

I'll go play at CPC and see what I can find for her.

KnicKnac - I showed Mom some patterns last night, and she picked out the My Blue Jeans Shawl - very plain but just her style.

Me, I'm all about the girly! I might make the shawl you linked to for myself one day...if I ever finish the rest of these projects.

Let me go add this new one to my list...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2815&highlight=butterfly+wing+shawl

there is the butterfly wing shawl pattern i used. I really like it. it's in a v shape, like the seraphina, but not as complicated. :-)

Tiga, have you started the blue jeans shawl yet? I've tried that one, and had no luck getting it to look like the picture........just wondering........

Archived