My Cotton Top and Hat

Empress Busy Bee

Well really my daughter's. lol

I was pleased with how it turned out. I used thread to make flowers rather than the cotton as I thought the cotton curled too much. I then completely sewed down the flowers. We've gotten so many complements on this top.

The only typo in this pattern that I remember is the straps. It said far too many rows. I just sized it on her and made them much shorter. I didn't mind using the cotton and plan on making more tops out of the booklet. I'm not doing the trim on the jeans as that limits her wearing them.

Thanks for looking.

:)

gorgeous Empress!! what booklet is the pattern from? I have a soft spot for cotton yarns :D

I got mine at Maggie's. It has a picture of the back cover and you can see the off white one I did:

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/Leisure_Arts/LA_4655_summer_crochet_fun_main.htm

It worked out just loose enough my daughter should be able to wear it this comming summer, too.

Thanks for all your kind comments.

:)

I bought my book at A.C. Moore with a 40% off coupon.

I love the colors you used with your shirt. Thanks for the heads up about the straps. The one I made had straps that you knot. If I make this one, I'll be sure to adjust the straps or make some of my own.

Archived