beaded scrunchies

jaclim

A cousin ordered these from me and I've been busy stringing and making these. I just sc'd around the elastic then made chained loops with beads. It's very simple. The hard part as usual was the stringing. :irked

I used mostly size 8/0 seed beads, 6/0, some pearls, aurora borealis, rice beads, cube, etc. I used mostly what was in my bead stash....:))

Here is the full and heavy beaded scrunchies

beadedscrunchiesfull.jpg

and the 'light' beaded scrunchies

beadedscrunchies.jpg

:heart

jackie

Me? The beadqueen?!? :lol Thanks! I hope my cousin likes them. The silver one is also my favorite! It's very dressy and it sparkles! Frankly, I'm tempted to keep that one for myself....:P I don't think I'd be able to duplicate that one since I can't find the pearl beads for that anymore.

jackie

I really love beads! :D!

I LOVE them! I especially love the full and heavy brown and the one thats black and green! Beautiful work and the patience of a Saint!

Thanks, Pam! The brown one has only 1 shade of golden brown seed beads in it while the black with green beads has several shades and finishes of green seed beads in it and of course pony beads. :))

jackie

your work is beautiful, but I am confussed on how to make them. I have never crocheted with beads and would love to learn, can you tell me or is there some patterns I can look at somewhere, so I might teach myself. I have made many fun scunchies for my granddaughter and I know she would love some with beads. :?

It's fairly simple, beachlady....I used size 10 thread then string on beads that could fit thru the thread. First, I dabbed some glue on the thread, wait for it to dry and use that like a needle to make it easier for me to string on the beads. Use whatever kind of bead finishes/color shades you like to give it a different look. I just sc'd around the elastic (use Goody ouchless if you can find some). Then I chained 7 adding beads in each chain, then sc in the next sc all around. That's all there is to it. If you like it heavy then you just have to sc more to cover the elastic, pushing them a bit to cover the elastic more heavily. For a heavy look of elastic, string beads at least 45 inches long. I found out it's better to string extra than having to cut your thread midway when you ran out of beads to string on some more beads. I hope this helps you somewhat. Try crochetpatterncentral.com for scrunchie with beads. Good luck! :))

jackie

Archived