Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I didn't think this was ever going to happen, but I finished the leaf afghan. I made 25 12-inch squares, used Drew's Dudessembly method to put it together, then crocheted 20 squares and hooked them into the border to act as fringe. I couldn't get a great picture, but here it is

th_DSCF0640.jpg

th_DSCF0642.jpg

(clickable pics)

Joyce

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you can. As long as I can keep this thread going and people interested we're open for new members. I added the Blue Start Afghan to the bottom of the second post. Keeps us updated.

Joyce

I would like to join if I still can... I want to be added with the Blue Star Afghan (the CAL is rather dead) out of Herrschners Blue Ribbon Afghans. Thanks!

Jessica -

I have made the Blue Star (well, actually I expanded it and it is still in progress - see my avatar).

If you are the kind of person that needs an accurate pattern, i don't recommend this one. It requires a lot of fudging, even if you have the pattern corrections. I would highly recommend you read through the Blue Star CAL (I know it's long.) to see more.

Krystal I have read through the book thousands of times. My mom bought the book when she first saw it years ago & I stole it from her a few years ago. I read through the CAL a few times already as I was watching it from afar. I noticed some fudging had to be done with the 13th row of the middle star. Doing the granny blocks is a bit annoying but I'm happy to finally be able to try it out. At the very least I'll get a lapghan out of it if I can't go past adding the granny blocks to the star. I hope it works out for me. :D

I didn't think this was ever going to happen, but I finished the leaf afghan. I made 25 12-inch squares, used Drew's Dudessembly method to put it together, then crocheted 20 squares and hooked them into the border to act as fringe. I couldn't get a great picture, but here it is

th_DSCF0640.jpg

th_DSCF0642.jpg

(clickable pics)

Joyce

Joyce what a great job you did, I know you have been waiting for me to complete the squares from the spring time secret pal into a ghan, I keep looking for the right color to border all of them and then thought why not use two colors one dark for the lighter color squares and a light color for the darker squares. After seeing your assembly I am going to go forward as it looks great in the pictures you shared :hug Thanks for the inspiration :hug

Oh, i'm so excited that you've decided. I wouldn't dare pester you about getting that done. It's your project. I just can't wait to see the assembly. I wasn't sure about using the two colors but I really like how it turned out. Can't wait to see yours. What two colors will you use?:hug right back at you friend!

Joyce

Joyce what a great job you did, I know you have been waiting for me to complete the squares from the spring time secret pal into a ghan, I keep looking for the right color to border all of them and then thought why not use two colors one dark for the lighter color squares and a light color for the darker squares. After seeing your assembly I am going to go forward as it looks great in the pictures you shared :hug Thanks for the inspiration :hug

That's pretty Jessica. Can't wait to see it finished.

Joyce

Here is a pic of what I have done so far.....

2642993890_4d9d556ea6.jpg it's clickable

And besides here the updates will be done on ravelry here...

I didn't get any done over the weekend, but last week I did about 6 rows! Hoping to make some more progress this week :) I will post a new photo soon, it's shaping up nicely!

Glad to hear your ghans shaping up nicely. We love pics around here! Can't wait to see

Joyce

Jessica, I really love the 'Daisy Ghan'. Where do you get the pattern ?

For my diagonal car blanket, I didn't do much on it. I managed to do few more rows on it. I got all the yarns to finish the blanket. At least, it's the decreases all the way. It's huge! :lol I will work more on it when I get back on track with other CALs.

Jessica,

Thank ghan is so unusual...I like it much better than the starghans. Your colors are beautiful too. Where did you get the idea from? Is it a different pattern???:manyheart Good work....

Jessica, I really love the 'Daisy Ghan'. Where do you get the pattern ?

For my diagonal car blanket, I didn't do much on it. I managed to do few more rows on it. I got all the yarns to finish the blanket. At least, it's the decreases all the way. It's huge! :lol I will work more on it when I get back on track with other CALs.

It is a charity square you can get from krochetkrystal.blogspot.com

Jessica,

Thank ghan is so unusual...I like it much better than the starghans. Your colors are beautiful too. Where did you get the idea from? Is it a different pattern???:manyheart Good work....

It is the Blue Star afghan from Herrschners Blue Ribbon Afghans book. The colors are in my stash at ravelry. :D

Whoops, I actually ask the question toward the Jessica who make a blanket with daisy hexagons and ripples. (vcufashion419)

I saw Krystal's Daisy square on her charity blog. It's on my WIM list for ages!

I did about 2 rows on the car diagonal blanket. It's too huge for me to breeze thru the crocheting. When I finish the color section (1/3 way thru it), I might try to find my digital camera. It will take me few days to finish this section. :whew

Whoops, I actually ask the question toward the Jessica who make a blanket with daisy hexagons and ripples. (vcufashion419)

I saw Krystal's Daisy square on her charity blog. It's on my WIM list for ages!

I did about 2 rows on the car diagonal blanket. It's too huge for me to breeze thru the crocheting. When I finish the color section (1/3 way thru it), I might try to find my digital camera. It will take me few days to finish this section. :whew

hi!!! i actually got the pattern out of a leisure arts book #3338, "40 Favorite Ripple Afghans". I bought it after doing my first ripple blanket about a year ago for my niece. There are so many pretty ghans in there!!!! :)

I'm going to work on it some more today !

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the bump Jessica. I was away last week and don't have any progress to report on afghans though I do have two I need to start. I may do that tonight (I got caught up making the Haekelbeutels but need to start those afghans).

Joyce

this thread has been quiet for awhile!! everyone check in!!!!

i have to admit i havent been doing too much on mine.....hopefully will get to it this week!

I did the sage green section on my diagonal blanket. I moved onto the brown section, 1/3 thru way so far. Unfortunately, I don't have a chance to find my digital camera. I am still out of town until tomorrow. I will try to find my camera and take a picture of my progress. I am already more than 50% done!

I'm working on the first of two afghans for our friends twin grandsons. One will be alternating strips in widths of 3 rows, 2 rows pattern and the other will be either 1 or 2 rows of each color.

Archived