Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAY! I'm making progress!

Here's the Striped Cable Afghan I've started:

StripedCableAfghan2.jpg

I haven't actually finished a full stripe yet, but I really wanted to attach them together so that I could see how the finished product would look. It's a little harder to crochet the stripes now that they've been put together (my yarn gets crossed!) but it's worth it to see it all coming together. I enjoy a challenge!

I'm really liking this project so far. Now that I've memorized the steps to the pattern, it's going much quicker. But, it's still going to take quite a while before this fits my queen sized bed!

-Stacia

Raelyn, the scrapghans' pretty. Really like how it turned out.

I have 4/7 panels done for the Baby Rings Mile-a-Minute. Here's a pic so far

IM001573.jpg

That is very nice. I really like it in other colors other than the pastels normally in a baby afghan.

Beige pet blanket completed with pom poms, for Basil one of my 5 cats.

This was a last minuite blanket, already had the squares made, just had to sew them together, sc border, make and attach pom poms.

Beigepetblanket-1.jpg

Basil and his blanket

Basilandhisblanket-1.jpg

And as long I've got pictures, here's the Baby's ABC's Afghan:

BabysABCs.jpg

I've almost finished the fourth row of blocks (I through M). I did change the shape of a few of the letters. Most noticably, I changed the Q, S, and W. I like the way these look better than the pattern.

The pattern is here: http://www.crochetnmore.com/babysabcsafghan.htm

This is a really fun pattern, and I love how it looks. My only complaint is that it's a little stiff. In hindsight, I probably won't use a G-hook with Caron One Pound again. The yarn is too heavy for a hook that small.

I've got my fingers crossed that it will soften a bit when I wash it. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any luck with softening in the laundry?

-Stacia

Hey guys, I thought I would add my kaleidoscope and blue/yellow afghans so you can see them. Here are the pictures. Out of 156 rows of the Minnie afghan I am up to 90.:clap

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/mdour1234/DSC01103.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/mdour1234/DSC01104.jpg

WOW!! All these afghans are beautiful! I have finished my ripple afghan and will post pics later! Now I get to work on the Tumbling Blocks.....how did I get roped into that one???? :think

Stacia,

LOVE your baby Alphabet Afghan! I made one of those as my first afghan project. I just loved it. I used Caron Simply soft and it turned out wonderful. The recipients loved it.

What pattern are you using for the cabled panels? It's such a beautiful pattern.

Thanks for sharing all your current work. It's all beautiful!

Sharon

Ok, this took me forever! Not because it was huge or hard to do just that I have too many WIPS that I am working on and life issues. It is just a basic granny square baby afghan. It is 12 squares x 10 squares. I used the flat braid joining technique. This is the first time I have done that type of joining and I really like it because it makes a really seamless looking piece. I also did not put a border on it because of the way the edges loop, it looks nice and finished. So here is a funny story on the color choices for this afghan. The very first afghan I made was a ripple in these 3 colors. I was so afraid that it would unravel while washing etc that I debated on how to finish off the ends. So being really smart I tied knots and then ready....super glued the ends of them. I gave the afghan to my ds and she told me that she really liked it except for the hard ends were not so comfortable. So I took a scissor and cut off all the hard ends and then frogged away and made lots of granny squares with all the yarn. Now if you ask me that is using yarn to its fullest - from one afghan to another! :lol Anyway, here it is - the FO.

100_0789.jpg

It's great! And I love that joining method. I'd never seen it before but I also use a join as you go method with squares. I really don't enjoy whip stitching or sc'ing them together. This will be a new option for me.

Midds, that is pretty and a funny story!

I love that flat braid technique, and I can't wait to try it.

:hook

I hope y'all don't mind me posting in your CAL thread. I'm new here, so not sure if that's taboo or not. I can't wait to get caught up on my non-crochet work so that I can join in one of these CALs! AFghans are my favorite thing to make, so that's why I was peeking in here. So far I've just been oogling over everything I've found here ... mind boggling ... just mind boggling!! :clap

You are very welcome! Nice to meet you!

I finished a afghan out of scrap yarn.

th_Picture001-1.jpg

That's really pretty! Congrats on finishing it! :yay

Barb, I couldn't help myself, started a mosaic afghan from a Lily Chin book! I am proud that I'm probably going to make it with all 'stash' yarn, though!

deb

Got it!

Beige pet blanket completed with pom poms, for Basil one of my 5 cats.

This was a last minuite blanket, already had the squares made, just had to sew them together, sc border, make and attach pom poms.

Beigepetblanket-1.jpg

Basil and his blanket

Basilandhisblanket-1.jpg

I think Basil loves it. :clap

I finished a afghan out of scrap yarn.

th_Picture001-1.jpg

I do craft shows in the fall so I will be selling it.. I probably will be asking $25 for it because it was all scraps.

Thanks for the comment.

Rachel

Your afghan is nice. Just wondering though, aren't you asking a little high(25.00) for a little afghan? I had three afghans go for 5.00 a piece at a silent auction. Just concern that you aren't going to get that much for it. IMO. Good Luck!

Sue

Even though this afghan was made with scrap yarn the time it took to make it also needs to be considered. :yes And... if you can get $25 out of it why not?

I think $25 is a fine starting point for this afghan. I mean, you're going to be at a craft sale with it so if you see somebody interested you can always come down on the price if you feel you need to.

furball, I hate that you only got $5 out of your afghans. Honestly, I think a silent auction is a difficult way to sell items. I donated some of my small crocheted items to a silent auction that was held just this past Thursday. Some of them didn't even get bids. A person could have bid 25¢ and won it but it didn't get a bid at all. :lol Hey, and the proceeds from the auction were going to an orphanage in Zambia. The items wouldn't even sell for such a great cause! :D

What pattern are you using for the cabled panels? It's such a beautiful pattern.

Thanks for sharing all your current work. It's all beautiful!

Sharon

Thanks so much for the compliment.

The pattern is actually a scarf pattern. But when you join together a bunch of long scarves, you get an afghan!

The pattern is the "Aran Isles Muffler" from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet. My plan is to join together 15 panels to make the afghan.

-Stacia

Arrgh!!! I have HAD IT!! I'm done! This Tumbling Blocks afghan has been giving me fits ever since I started it! :bang I have frogged it more times than I can count and as soon as my son gets home from school we are going to have a serious discussion about his "cozy blanket". The only reason I haven't thrown this out the window before is because its for him. Hopefully I will be able to convince him that we need a pattern that doesn't have 16 separate balls of yarn to work with. Maybe another ripple or something. I feel terrible that I'm having such problems and it would be an amazing blanket if I could just get it right, but all I want to do is :thair. Oh well, thanks for letting me rant. I just feel awful because I finished his brother's last night and now he wants his ASAP.......

Arrgh!!! I have HAD IT!! I'm done! This Tumbling Blocks afghan has been giving me fits ever since I started it! :bang I have frogged it more times than I can count and as soon as my son gets home from school we are going to have a serious discussion about his "cozy blanket". The only reason I haven't thrown this out the window before is because its for him. Hopefully I will be able to convince him that we need a pattern that doesn't have 16 separate balls of yarn to work with. Maybe another ripple or something. I feel terrible that I'm having such problems and it would be an amazing blanket if I could just get it right, but all I want to do is :thair. Oh well, thanks for letting me rant. I just feel awful because I finished his brother's last night and now he wants his ASAP.......

petting.gif Awwww, that's too bad. I bet he'll find something he'll love just as much!

cathangblinkie1.gif

I love all the new afghan pictures posted!! They are so beautiful!! Isn't it great that we can share pictures and ideas like this?

deb

Yes!

I'm really wanting to try a wearable but won't let myself start one until I'm finished with the blue and yellow afghan. Actually I plan on making 2 of the blue and yellow afghans. I'm going to put them on the twin beds in our camper.

I've made 2 more 2 strand ghans :eek

I have been wanting to make the afghan 'Rich Heathers' from the book Afghans For All Seasons. I finally found the yarn I wanted to use for it but couldn't find my Q Hook, so I used my P Hook and just made the starting chain a little longer.

Here is the first one:

th_HighSierraCountryRoseRichHeathers1.jpg

Here is a close up of the stitches and the colors:

th_HighSierraCountryRoseRichHeathers.jpg

I was gifted some yarn from a Fairy Godmother (Periwinkle and Ocean) and I wanted to make a ghan with it, but didn't have enough yarn and couldn't find amymore of the solid color, so I added some Raspberry to it so I would have enough to make a ghan. That way every time I use the ghan, I will think of the special angel that sent it to me, even though I have no idea who it is that sent it to me.

Here it is:

th_PeriwinlkeRaspberryOceanRichHeat-1.jpg

Here is a close up of the stitches and the colors:

th_PeriwinlkeRaspberryOceanRichHeather.jpg

All Pictures are clickable for details

Being on bed rest for 5 weeks now has been extremely depressing, but I have made quite a few ghans, with more in the works.

So I'm sorry for whining earlier. Luckily I have a very understanding 6 year old :manyheart and had no problem as long as the colors were the same. Now he is getting the Simple Subtle Square afghan from the Lion Brand website and is patiently awaiting his cozy blanket. So off I go to :crocheting!!

So I'm sorry for whining earlier. Luckily I have a very understanding 6 year old :manyheart and had no problem as long as the colors were the same. Now he is getting the Simple Subtle Square afghan from the Lion Brand website and is patiently awaiting his cozy blanket. So off I go to :crocheting!!

Great! I'm make the change in the first post.

I finished my green and pink blanket. Well mostly... Now it's just the end weaving, but it's finished enough for me to mark it off of the list! Just ignore the white ends on the front. I'm a forth of the way through weaving in ends but since it's not something on the top of my list, it's getting done very slowly.

2383833003_bc406f8b02.jpg

Archived