Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, everyone's work is looking so great. You're all doing such a great job.

It's super cold here in NE Indiana too and I've been plugging away at the roses afghan. All squares (25) are done and I've started joining them. Have two rows down, three to go but I giving it a rest for tonight.

Joyce

Hello everybody! It's great to read of your progress and see your pics! :yay

It's terrible cold here too. It would be nice to snuggle up on the sofa with my crocheting but responsibility calls. ;)

:cheerAfter almost a year I have finished my dad's afghan, Iam sooooo glad it is finished, could have done it alot quicker, but other things got in the way.

Here are a few pics, sorry about the quality of some, the flash didn't go off.

I gave the afghan to my dad about half an hour ago and he loves it!

Lying on the livingroom floor

dadsafghanalmostcomplete.jpg

On my double bed

dadsafghancompleted.jpg

Side View

sideviewdadsafghan.jpg

really glad it's gone, there are 5 cats that are not:lol

Working on 3 pet blankets at the moment, almost completed 1, just doing the border.

Wow! Congratulations! A job well done! :clap I'll update the first post.

I finished MY 2 strander last night. I don't have pictures of it yet, but I will take some shortly. I now have to finish my DS's 2 strander, then my scrap wave ripple, and 2 RR's.

It is extremely cold here too with a winter storm on the way. And if what the only forecaster I trust says holds true, we are going to get dumped on with lots of snow. I'm going to stay nice and toasty warm trying to get DS's 2 strander done.

I finished MY 2 strander last night. I don't have pictures of it yet, but I will take some shortly. I now have to finish my DS's 2 strander, then my scrap wave ripple, and 2 RR's.

It is extremely cold here too with a winter storm on the way. And if what the only forecaster I trust says holds true, we are going to get dumped on with lots of snow. I'm going to stay nice and toasty warm trying to get DS's 2 strander done.

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing pics. :)

So I'm going to have to start a new afgan, I told my boyfriend I'd make him one for his birthday and May's coming up faster then I thought! I'm doing a really simple pattern since this is my first afgan that isn't squares sewn together! That and I doubt he'd want an afgan with alot of holes or crazy patterns (thank goodness)

:cheerAfter almost a year I have finished my dad's afghan, Iam sooooo glad it is finished, could have done it alot quicker, but other things got in the way.

Here are a few pics, sorry about the quality of some, the flash didn't go off.

I gave the afghan to my dad about half an hour ago and he loves it!

Lying on the livingroom floor

dadsafghanalmostcomplete.jpg

On my double bed

dadsafghancompleted.jpg

Side View

sideviewdadsafghan.jpg

really glad it's gone, there are 5 cats that are not:lol

Working on 3 pet blankets at the moment, almost completed 1, just doing the border.

WOW this is one pretty blanket!:cheer:cheer

what pattern did you use?

:hug

So I'm going to have to start a new afgan, I told my boyfriend I'd make him one for his birthday and May's coming up faster then I thought! I'm doing a really simple pattern since this is my first afgan that isn't squares sewn together! That and I doubt he'd want an afgan with alot of holes or crazy patterns (thank goodness)

Hey, Allison, let me know if you want it added to the list. And if so, what to call it.

I finally finished an afghan. My Popcorn Diamond baby blanket is finally finished!!! I'll take a picture as soon as I can.

Barbara - Please add this complete blanket to the list. Thanks!!

Here are pictures of MY 2 strander. I finally get to keep a ghan I made :clap

th_ShadesOfGreen2Strander1.jpg

th_ShadesOfGreen2Strander1a.jpg

clickable for details

Time to work on DS's 2 strander.

Ohhhh, snuggly! And beautiful, Mel! Great job! :clap I'll update the first post.

I finally finished an afghan. My Popcorn Diamond baby blanket is finally finished!!! I'll take a picture as soon as I can.

Barbara - Please add this complete blanket to the list. Thanks!!

Will do!

Holy smokes! I can hardly believe it! I am practically finished my Diamond Trellis afghan. Only have the edging left to finish so hopefully I will be done tonight (depending on how much time I have tonight) SOOOOOO EXCITED! I have never actually made an adult afghan, only baby blankets, and scarves and hats and such. :cheer

Hey, Allison, let me know if you want it added to the list. And if so, what to call it.

Sure its just a simple blue afgan, I didn't realize how hard it is to pick out a pattern that he'd like! Hopefully it looks good, this is my first try at this!

-Allison

Joyce, that is lovely... the colors you chose go so nicely together - very stunning!

Thank you Krystal. It's for my sister's MIL and she had already bought the two greens (she was going to start crocheting again but didn't). She gave me the yarn and I promised her an afghan but wasn't sure a total of six skeins would be enough so I dug in my stash. I was unsure about the buff as the joining yarn but was THRILLED with how it turned out.

I gotta say, if it weren't for this place, I'd still be crocheting afghans back and forth back and forth and not branching out to squares and joining and thinking of all the neat things we hookers can do.

Joyce

I am so impressed, this is so gorgeous!!! Well done!!:clap:clap:clap

I finished the rose afghan. Here are different views

IM001524.jpg

IM001523.jpg

That's one down, two to go, plus the SP swap and the squares for that and the Traveling Hook II

Joyce

Holy smokes! I can hardly believe it! I am practically finished my Diamond Trellis afghan. Only have the edging left to finish so hopefully I will be done tonight (depending on how much time I have tonight) SOOOOOO EXCITED! I have never actually made an adult afghan, only baby blankets, and scarves and hats and such. :cheer

Way to go!

IM001524.jpg

IM001523.jpg

That's one down, two to go, plus the SP swap and the squares for that and the Traveling Hook II

Joyce

Oh Joyce! Another beautiful afghan!

IM001524.jpg

IM001523.jpg

Joyce

Oh I love that, great job!

Can I add a few more to my list please Barb

I have 3 pet blankets started, retro babette and I finished a lapghan last year which I don't think I posted.

Will post some pics later when I have better lighting

Ta-da! Here it is....my first adult afghan! Finished it yesterday morning, and then used it all day :lol But I have come to realize something about the other afghan I was making. Tunisian crochet is not easy on my hands, so I think I will be putting that afghan up (probably will reuse the yarn for other projects). I am however starting another afghan to replace the Christmas one for my grandmother called Rippling Shells. So here we go! Oh yea, both my boys want afghans too...I forsee a lot of busy-ness in my future :hook

IMG_4231_640_x_480.jpg

Ta-da! Here it is....my first adult afghan! Finished it yesterday morning, and then used it all day :lol But I have come to realize something about the other afghan I was making. Tunisian crochet is not easy on my hands, so I think I will be putting that afghan up (probably will reuse the yarn for other projects). I am however starting another afghan to replace the Christmas one for my grandmother called Rippling Shells. So here we go! Oh yea, both my boys want afghans too...I forsee a lot of busy-ness in my future :hook

IMG_4231_640_x_480.jpg

Beautiful. I"d snuggle up under that too!

Joyce

Archived