Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I got of to a slow start, I have only managed to make my ripple 11" long so far. I have the entire night to myself, so I have prepared my crochet corner with pillows, a water jug, grapes and a good lamp. So I'm gonna get some crochet done :) It is 91" wide, which is a little less than I wanted, but my sister said she wanted fringes on it, so it will even out in the end. Only 100" to go. :)

rippleprogress1.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello from San Francisco :) I finished 2nd color of my diagonal blanket two nights in a row. I crocheted for three hours with no break. I got into the 'zone' that night. I end up with 2nd color being 8" compared to 1st color, about 24 ". I guess I need to buy more yarns to do 60" blanket. I will post some pics when I get home next week.

I'm in! I have an afghan that I started a couple of nights ago!

I will post pictures a little later.

Here's where I am so far. I am putting two rows of the varigated at each end and then I am going to border with it also. I've been working on this off and on for about a week (maybe less). It's wide enough to cover the top of a Queen sized bed.

DSCF2274.jpgDSCF2277.jpg

Completing first 12" square for charity afghan this am. Will begin working on another right away. I have given myself a goal to get at least one square done every day. I plan to make 16 of them.

I have too many other projects going to set them all aside to work on only this, so it will get done by and by.

I'm still working on that graduation present for my neice. I'm hoping to finish it before she starts grad school in the fall.:think

We had a lot of stuff to do around the house the last few months so I didn't get a chance to work on it (it doesn't help that I often lose my motiviation to crochet as the weather gets warmer :( ).

BUT, in the last couple of weeks I've made great progress. I'm about a 1/3 done at this point. If I can do a couple of rows a night (it's worked lengthwise and its 6 feet long!) I can probably be done by mid-August. I might even enter it in the state fair before I give it to her.:devil

I haven't taken any photos of my WIPs, but hopefully soon!

Here's where I am so far. I am putting two rows of the varigated at each end and then I am going to border with it also. I've been working on this off and on for about a week (maybe less). It's wide enough to cover the top of a Queen sized bed.

DSCF2274.jpgDSCF2277.jpg

Lovely stitch on this 'ghan. I was just curious is the yarn you are using is red heart dusty teal? I have two skeins of this yarn that I haven't figured out what to do with yet, but your ghan looks lovely so I may find a use for it yet :lol

Lovely stitch on this 'ghan. I was just curious is the yarn you are using is red heart dusty teal? I have two skeins of this yarn that I haven't figured out what to do with yet, but your ghan looks lovely so I may find a use for it yet :lol

Thanks Valerie!

It's RedHeart Lt. Sage I just started the second 16oz skein last night

I didn't get any work done one my hexagons yet today but I plan on getting a few done tonight they don't take long and once the fiance gets home and gets the little one under control and off of me I will have a little me time to crochet. I'm gonna try to get all my pics uploaded of the two gahns I am having a pic issue with my comp so it is making things difficult but I will keep my fingers crossed

:clap :clap :clap I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE!!!!!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

It's not even dry yet (washed it) but I had to take some pictures! I am so exited that it's DONE! :hyper

It's not as big as I had hoped...I crochet pretty tight...but here she is!

th_IMG_2024.jpg

It's still big enough to cause problems when trying to take a full pic....I had to hold my poor arms way above my head!

th_IMG_2023.jpg

th_IMG_2022.jpg

I have more piccys I just have to upload them!

Pictures are clickable.

I'm so glad it's done...!

:D

I got of to a slow start, I have only managed to make my ripple 11" long so far. I have the entire night to myself, so I have prepared my crochet corner with pillows, a water jug, grapes and a good lamp. So I'm gonna get some crochet done :) It is 91" wide, which is a little less than I wanted, but my sister said she wanted fringes on it, so it will even out in the end. Only 100" to go. :)

That's looking great.

Hello from San Francisco :) I finished 2nd color of my diagonal blanket two nights in a row. I crocheted for three hours with no break. I got into the 'zone' that night. I end up with 2nd color being 8" compared to 1st color, about 24 ". I guess I need to buy more yarns to do 60" blanket. I will post some pics when I get home next week.

Can't wait to see the next installment.

I'm in! I have an afghan that I started a couple of nights ago!

I will post pictures a little later.

We :manyheart pictures

That's lovely!

Completing first 12" square for charity afghan this am. Will begin working on another right away. I have given myself a goal to get at least one square done every day. I plan to make 16 of them.

I have too many other projects going to set them all aside to work on only this, so it will get done by and by.

I understand that WIP list. Mine has slowed a bit, but I'm taking some time off to ease up some tension in my neck back and right arm.

64 of 196 done! just about 1/3 of the way done the squares!

:clap:cheer

It's done!! Finally!!!!! Here are the pics. What do you think? :hook

That's really pretty!

I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE!!!!!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

It's not even dry yet (washed it) but I had to take some pictures! I am so exited that it's DONE!

It's not as big as I had hoped...I crochet pretty tight...but here she is!

It's still big enough to cause problems when trying to take a full pic....I had to hold my poor arms way above my head!

I'm so glad it's done...!

I'm glad for you! Nice work! :clap

Joyce

Oh, gosh, I wish I could respond to every post! I missed you all and am delighted to see such progress! How exciting!

Well it's been a while since I've posted on here, but I've been busy. I'm nearly halfway done with the afghan for my boyfriend!

th_6-17-07042.jpg

It's looking great!

OK, kids, here I go.... I've been so inspired by your gorgeous photos that I thought I'd give it a try. Let's see if this works!

This is "Cottage Garden" for my bouncy 5yod who picked out the varigated yarn.

047.jpg

Here is a close up of "Forest" for my 6yos

046.jpg

This shows how far I've gotten with "Forest"- it's getting too big to haul around!

045.jpg

Those are fanatastic! I've adjusted the first post to show both projects.

i had to put aside my shell stitch gahn cause I am waiting on my shipment of yellow yarn to come in so I can finish it. I have however started a honey comb wrap if you want to add that to my projects on the first page Barbajean you can I will be doing this one for a while I am 10 hexagons into it I have a lot to do but I have one color totaly done which is nice.

Okay, got it!

DSCF2274.jpgDSCF2277.jpg

Welcome, Candy! I'll add your name to the first post. I'll also add the name of your project if you can tell me what you'd like to call it. :)

blanket002.jpg

blanket001.jpg

It's done!! Finally!!!!! Here are the pics. What do you think? :hook

Oh, it is so pretty! You've made that lovely yarn into a lovely piece! I've updated the first post.

th_IMG_2023.jpg

Congratulations! You must be so excited! It turned out great! I've updated the first post.

Welcome, Candy! I'll add your name to the first post. I'll also add the name of your project if you can tell me what you'd like to call it. :)

How about we call it "Sage Box Stitch Afghan"? :hook

I can not believe how many interruptions you can have in one night. I started crocheting, and it went fine, but after an hour if felt like a call center here. The phone rang all night, there were people at the door and so on. I only got 6" done, so I'm up in 17". I haven't had the time to crochet today yet, but I am just about to sit down. Hoping to get at least 5 rows done before the husband gets home. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jessica- Looks great! Love the delicate look the yarn gives it.

Nuts- I'm very into straight lines and squares, love the way that looks!

Great job everyone!

I've decided I'm calling my current new comfortghan "Snow and Pines". While I was making the squares it just looked all.....snowy and piney with a blue sky in the background. Sort of "Up North Lodge" look....?? I don't suppose where I live would have ANYTHING to do with influencing my color choices..:lol

Archived