Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted by BarbaraJean

Pick a movie you want to watch and set a time to watch it and finish up. Besides... don't you know how eager we all are here to see pic?

Once we watched Apollo 13 and I was working on an afghan for a gift, and the movie is kind of tense. I discovered I crochet a lot faster when I'm nervous LOL. It was actually a pretty good movie (although there are lots I like better.)

Hey! How'd you get that border to stay flat? I did the border for the sunrise/snset afghan and it got all wonky on me.. did you do anything in particular, or did it automatically work out for you?

Beautiful - full of cheer!

It would have been wonky on me too if I hadn't started working tighter. I probably should have dropped a hook size to make it easier. In the end, I ran it through the rinse cycle, dried it on low for about 1/2 hour then laid it out flat to dry smoothing it all out. That helped a lot.

Thanks!

LOL! Well, since I have this huge pile of granny squares just sitting there waiting to be put together and it technically is a UFO we can call it a WIP and make it into an afghan. Maybe this will get me motivated to finish the thing.:lol So count me in!:D BTW ~ it was started a really long time ago so no date, just a long time ago!:(

Welcome Midds. Enjoy.

That ribbon square is fantastic! Where did you get the pattern?

You're in! :yay

I agree the ribbon square's gorgeous. Can't wait to see that one done.

I made it! (whew) Happy Mother's Day!

MothersDayAfghan.jpgMothersDayAfghan-Wrapped.jpg

I made this with Bernat Satin - 6 balls Banana and 10 balls (fittingly) Sunrise.

GORGEOUS! :manyheart I love it!

Joyce (who has 14/25 squares done for the daffodil ghan and has started another market tote - bad me)

Once we watched Apollo 13 and I was working on an afghan for a gift, and the movie is kind of tense. I discovered I crochet a lot faster when I'm nervous LOL. It was actually a pretty good movie (although there are lots I like better.)

:lol That's funny!

I made this with Bernat Satin - 6 balls Banana and 10 balls (fittingly) Sunrise.

I can't tell you how much I love this! It is just beautiful. I bet your mom cried.

I finished all my squares last night :clap one day ahead of time! PLUS I already have 3 of the 7 rows joined, ahead of schedule. I'm worried I might run out of the dark blue yarn, though! It's not a problem, I can buy more, but the whole point was to USE UP STASH! To have to buy another pounder right now is a little annoying!

I finished all my squares last night :clap one day ahead of time! PLUS I already have 3 of the 7 rows joined, ahead of schedule. I'm worried I might run out of the dark blue yarn, though! It's not a problem, I can buy more, but the whole point was to USE UP STASH! To have to buy another pounder right now is a little annoying!

Way to go! I don't pay attention to my stash, thereby avoiding annoyance :lol

I did several rows of my diagonal texture blanket today. This skein will not go smaller. :lol I hope next time I do this blanket, I will ran out of pink. :P

Pink yarn is evil. :devil

I can't tell you how much I love this! It is just beautiful. I bet your mom cried.

Thanks! No tears, but she ripped that ribbon off in a wink ~ I think she liked it LOL

Thanks to everyone who has commented on my afghan. It kept the hook going when I wanted to quit and just buy something, and it was a lot of fun! I'll be finishing a FBB, but will be back for another round when that is finished!

Hi everyone! I lurk in here, but haven't posted...

I've been working on an afghan for awhile, and need some advice...

My daughter thinks its ugly (gotta love honest kids) and that I should make two afghans with it instead... so I'm throwing it out here... what do you guys think... I like them either way... I'm not making it for anyone particular going to try to sell it/them

here's following the pattern:

HPIM1100.jpg

Here's what they look like separated:

HPIM1101.jpgHPIM1102.jpg

I like the first photo best (where you're using both colored squares).

Mini, That is just BEAUTIFUL!The yarn looks extremely yummy and lucious. Love it!

I did several rows of my diagonal texture blanket today. This skein will not go smaller. :lol I hope next time I do this blanket, I will ran out of pink. :P

Did you get the economy size yarn? I found it does take longer especially if you want to lower your stash of yarn.

Don't you hate that. I needed more white after just buying a whole skein of yarn, you know I asked my girlfriend for hers 'cause I only needed a little bit. Then I gave it back when I was done. :D

My daughter thinks its ugly (gotta love honest kids) and that I should make two afghans with it instead... so I'm throwing it out here... what do you guys think... I like them either way... I'm not making it for anyone particular going to try to sell it/them

HPIM1100.jpg

HPIM1101.jpgHPIM1102.jpg

I like the second one too. I also like the idea of two separate afghans.

Barb,

Um,I just started making another afghan I'm making for my living room. I think I'll call it Kaleidoghan.

Another thing I'm doing is a rag rug for my room in watermelon pink and green colors.

I'll get a picture later, batteries need charged.

Thanks Leslie :)

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Thanks! That was beautiful!

Yay! You're on your way now.

HPIM1100.jpg

HPIM1101.jpgHPIM1102.jpg

Gee, Cookie, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your daughter. I think I like them together. What are the 2 colors in the dark square?

Shall I add you name to the CAL?

Barb,

Um,I just started making another afghan I'm making for my living room. I think I'll call it Kaleidoghan.

Another thing I'm doing is a rag rug for my room in watermelon pink and green colors.

I'll get a picture later, batteries need charged.

Sounds exciting! I'll add ya!

Not much going to get done on either of projects for a couple weeks. Life is crazy right now with graduation preparations plus there is still a lot going on at the church that requires my attention too. But, I will still try to pop in here every day to check on everybody. :yesThis little bit of Internet time helps to keep me sane. ;)

Here are the pictures

kaleidoghan.jpg

This is my inspiration for the KALEIDOGHAN. I'm making squares to match the pillow. This will be for the living room

ragrug.jpg

This is a RAG RUG I'm crocheting for my room. You just cut fabric 1 inch strips around the fabric until you get a big ball of fabric and that is what you use to crochet. Crocheting with a "P" Hook.

Here are the pictures

kaleidoghan.jpg

This is my inspiration for the KALEIDOGHAN. I'm making squares to match the pillow. This will be for the living room

ragrug.jpg

This is a RAG RUG I'm crocheting for my room. You just cut fabric 1 inch strips around the fabric until you get a big ball of fabric and that is what you use to crochet. Crocheting with a "P" Hook.

Great idea! I've considered making pillow covers to match my rug. It's a similar pattern to your pillow.

MothersDayAfghan.jpg

Wow ! That is beautiful!! I just love the yellows - I bet your mother LOVED it!!

Hey, everyone! Annie's Attic Free pattern today is the Lacy Stars afghan that I'm making for this CAL!!!

Dog gone it! I missed it. I've been out of town and just got back today - oh well....I have enought WIMs anyway. :hook

Originally Posted by Cookie Hooker viewpost.gif

My daughter thinks its ugly (gotta love honest kids) and that I should make two afghans with it instead... so I'm throwing it out here... what do you guys think... I like them either way... I'm not making it for anyone particular going to try to sell it/them - here's following the pattern:

Hello Cookie Hooker. I like them both ways but I think I like the idea of 2 separate afghans better but that is mostly becauseI really, really love the look of the last photo - with the blues/greys - If I made them into 2 separate ones, I think I would turn the squares around in that 2nd photo so all the pink pointed on the inside - but I love all 3 of them. Ultimately, I say, do it the way YOU like the best because you will enjoy working on it more that way and will be happier with the results if it is the way you want it to be. Nice squares!!!

That ribbon square is fantastic! Where did you get the pattern?

Thank you. Here is a link to the pattern I'm using http://www.crochetcabana.com/charity/charity-patterns.htm

OK, here I am asking for a kick in the pants :eek

I have finished 17/25 squares for the daffodil ghan but I've become obsessed with a housewarming gift for a dear friend who is buying a house. It starts with the market tote from Lion Brand, made in Sugar and Cream cotton and will include a cutie dishcloth pattern I found and a bath scrubby, and some non crochet stuff I picked up and I'm so excited about putting that package together that I've lost interest in the daffodil ghan. HELP?!?!?!

Joyce

Here are the pictures

kaleidoghan.jpg

ragrug.jpg

Furball, those are great. Can't wait to see finished product.

Joyce

Archived