Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I have faith you'll get it finished in time, Krystal! :cheer

Here is a picture of my newest afghan. As you can see, it's a very simple pattern. I'm actually rather bored with it but won't let myself start a new one until it's finished. ;)

I may start a wearable (for myself!) since I received my copy of Crochet! this afternoon.

sweetdreams.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight I finished the comfortghan for my co-worker who had a radical mastectomy last week. Several Crochetville members helped by donating squares. There are some squares that didn't get to me in time so I'll turn them into a pillow to go along with the afghan. Tomorrow I'll call and see if she's up to having company later this week and I'll give them to her then.

Laurie, do I have this on our list? I was going to update but am not sure if this was included in the CAL.

Thanks for your kind words everyone! There sure is lots of pretty stitching going on here :applause

The link below will take you directly to the pattern I'm using. I don't think the yellows would be too bright for someone who is under the weather, but then again, I like the bright colors. Maybe a blue/lt. yellow combo to tone it down a bit? ("sunrise/sunset")

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Print+Ads/LW1527+Sunrise+Sunset+Afghan.htm

I made a lot of progress over the weekend. Now we'll see how much the job interferes - LOL!

Thanks for your kind words everyone! There sure is lots of pretty stitching going on here :applause

The link below will take you directly to the pattern I'm using. I don't think the yellows would be too bright for someone who is under the weather, but then again, I like the bright colors. Maybe a blue/lt. yellow combo to tone it down a bit? ("sunrise/sunset")

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Print+Ads/LW1527+Sunrise+Sunset+Afghan.htm

I made a lot of progress over the weekend. Now we'll see how much the job interferes - LOL!

Yep, I have it bookmarked now. ;)

No, it's not on the list. When I first mentioned I was doing this, I said that it didn't need to be added to the master list. Mainly because it wouldn't be completely of my making. Others would be contributing to it. For me to take full credit for this afghan would not be proper.

I have an update on my Dazzleaire afghan - I have 3 more color changes (28 rows) and it should be finished finally. I can't wait. I'm in the "I'm sick of working on this" mood.

No, it's not on the list. When I first mentioned I was doing this, I said that it didn't need to be added to the master list. Mainly because it wouldn't be completely of my making. Others would be contributing to it. For me to take full credit for this afghan would not be proper.

I have an update on my Dazzleaire afghan - I have 3 more color changes (28 rows) and it should be finished finally. I can't wait. I'm in the "I'm sick of working on this" mood.

Well, congrats on finishing the comfortghan.

I've had that mood on some projects. :)

Everyone's afghans are lovely. I've been reading back thru and am so impressed with all the talent here. I've gotten so many great ideas for afghans because of Crochetville. I'll never live to finish them all. :think

After I frogged out the blue and yellow Baby ghan, I found a granny square pattern I liked. I tried it and it is coming out very nicely. I'm alternating blue and yellow centers with the last row as a blue/yellow varigated row.

I figured on 6 rows of 5 squares and then I'll do some kind of border. I'll try to get a pic up today. I"ve finished 10 squares and joined them with Krystal's method. It does work well. I've got 3 more centers done at the laundromat yesterday. Grannies are certainly easier to carry around. :U

I have an exam in 3 hours then its crochet time all day today!!

I have a date with my DVR and my Crochet hook! We're going to the couch. Hehe. :P

Will post progress pictures later today!! :hook

Everyone's afghans are lovely. I've been reading back thru and am so impressed with all the talent here. I've gotten so many great ideas for afghans because of Crochetville. I'll never live to finish them all. :think

After I frogged out the blue and yellow Baby ghan, I found a granny square pattern I liked. I tried it and it is coming out very nicely. I'm alternating blue and yellow centers with the last row as a blue/yellow varigated row.

I figured on 6 rows of 5 squares and then I'll do some kind of border. I'll try to get a pic up today. I"ve finished 10 squares and joined them with Krystal's method. It does work well. I've got 3 more centers done at the laundromat yesterday. Grannies are certainly easier to carry around. :U

Hi Leslie! I still have you listed on the first post for the blue and yellow baby afghan. Would you like me to change that?

I have an exam in 3 hours then its crochet time all day today!!

I have a date with my DVR and my Crochet hook! We're going to the couch. Hehe. :P

Will post progress pictures later today!! :hook

Sounds divine! I'm hoping to snuggle up on the sofa to crochet a good bit today too. Somebody shoo me away from the computer.;)

Haven't been in here for awhile, so thought I would do a quick update.

We had some nice weather and took full advantage of that, and now it looks looks like rain for the next 6 days. So hopefully get alot done on my Baby blanket.

:welcome to all the new faces in here...There is a wonderfull group of ladies in here .... :D

Minibooger Love that ghan, your colors are awesome.

Hope you all are having an awesome day and happy happy crocheting to you all.

Deb.

Haven't been in here for awhile, so thought I would do a quick update.

We had some nice weather and took full advantage of that, and now it looks looks like rain for the next 6 days. So hopefully get alot done on my Baby blanket.

:welcome to all the new faces in here...There is a wonderfull group of ladies in here .... :D

Minibooger Love that ghan, your colors are awesome.

Hope you all are having an awesome day and happy happy crocheting to you all.

Deb.

Hi Deb! Good to see you again!

Hi Barb, I love the way you are listing everyone in the first post, and I especially like the way you are posting a link to the finished ghans! I know it takes a bit of time, but it's wonderful to be able to find the pictures so easily. :clap

I did see the pink ribbon afghan, and it's beautiful. Pink is my favorite color, so I tend to be partial to it. But by boss' sister is not a pink fan, plus she has made a few comments about being tired of all of the ribbon stuff. I can understand that. She's struggling with being angry right now.

I really like Mini's idea of mixing a light blue with a soft yellow...I'm going to dig into my stash and see what I've got. It would be horrible if I had to go yarn shopping, now wouldn't it??? ;)

Hi Barb, I love the way you are listing everyone in the first post, and I especially like the way you are posting a link to the finished ghans! I know it takes a bit of time, but it's wonderful to be able to find the pictures so easily. :clap

I did see the pink ribbon afghan, and it's beautiful. Pink is my favorite color, so I tend to be partial to it. But by boss' sister is not a pink fan, plus she has made a few comments about being tired of all of the ribbon stuff. I can understand that. She's struggling with being angry right now.

I really like Mini's idea of mixing a light blue with a soft yellow...I'm going to dig into my stash and see what I've got. It would be horrible if I had to go yarn shopping, now wouldn't it??? ;)

Oh, yes... yarn shopping is just such a dreadful task! ;) I can understand your friends feelings toward pink. I'm sure your afghan will cheer her.

Hey, I'm back home safe and sound (and tired) :tired

Only got one square done on the flight back...no delays this time but we got there early so the square was made while waiting. I guess that means it wasn't on the flight...:confused

:lol

52/70

Only got one square done on the flight back...no delays this time but we got there early so the square was made while waiting. I guess that means it wasn't on the flight...:confused

52/70

:cheer :cheer :cheer

52/70

Hmmm, you didn't get your hook taken away on the flight? :D Welcome back!

Hello everyone! I just want to say that all of the recent pictures look amazing, you are all very talented ladies! i've been rather busy finishing my biochemistry BS... but i'm done!!!! done!!! done!!!:clap :clap :clap ... I've been in school for the past 19 years (since I was 3) I'm not really sure what i'm going to do with myself for the next year:blush (before I go back to get my pharm D) but I'm sure going to have a lot of time to crochet!:hook

Barbara, could you please put me down for another baby blanket... I think its going to be a ripple in yellow, green, and white, but my mom is picking out the yarn and she may change her mind about the blanket when I show her some of the other cute patterns i've found!

Hope you all have a wonderful night!

Hello everyone! I just want to say that all of the recent pictures look amazing, you are all very talented ladies! i've been rather busy finishing my biochemistry BS... but i'm done!!!! done!!! done!!!:clap :clap :clap ... I've been in school for the past 19 years (since I was 3) I'm not really sure what i'm going to do with myself for the next year:blush (before I go back to get my pharm D) but I'm sure going to have a lot of time to crochet!:hook

Barbara, could you please put me down for another baby blanket... I think its going to be a ripple in yellow, green, and white, but my mom is picking out the yarn and she may change her mind about the blanket when I show her some of the other cute patterns i've found!

Hope you all have a wonderful night!

Absolutely!

Hi Barb, you don't have to change the first post. It is still a blue and yellow baby afghan. :) I will probably have you add another as soon as I start it. It is going to be tan, med. blue and dk. blue. I might add some maroon also. It's for a friend of mine.

I made her one and she asked if I would do one for her husband. The only problem is the pattern she picked is very much like that Harmony ghan. And, you all know I said I would never do another. :ohdear So I am looking for something that will suit them that I will find interesting to do. :devil

Hi, would love to join this cal, was doing a yo yo afghan, but its not working out, as the yoyo's looked a mess when i joined them. So have decided to turn them into squares and make an afghan out of them. Not following a pattern, just making it up as I go along.

Roxy

Hi, would love to join this cal, was doing a yo yo afghan, but its not working out, as the yoyo's looked a mess when i joined them. So have decided to turn them into squares and make an afghan out of them. Not following a pattern, just making it up as I go along.

Roxy

Hi Roxy! Welcome! I'll add your name to the list in the first post. :cheer

100_0430-1.jpg

It's finally official....I've completed the shell afghan for my son and future dil. It's been a labor of love and very easy to crochet as well. At first I was worried that I wouldn't have enough yarn to make this sizable enough, but it worked out quite nicely. I had 10 skeins of Rowanspun Chunky tweed and I used each and every piece of yarn I had. :yes Although it could have been larger (I guess we could say that for all afghans) I am pleased with it. This picture was taken shortly before I completed it and that's why you can see the ball of yarn discreetly ;) tucked under the ghan.

1824CottonRippleAfghan-1.jpg

Here's a pic of a ripple afghan I just started, so don't count me out of this KAL just yet. :D

Thanks, Laura

Archived