Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I finally finished attaching my 2nd row - whew! I thought I would never get that done. I seem to be moving along a little faster and hope to at least get the 3rd row done tonight. I am going out of town next Thursday and would love to take it to "show it off" so I'm going to try and have it done by then. Wish me luck.

Good luck! ;)

I've been working some on the Arrow Stitch Afghan for my brother -- I'm about a third of the way through! I've got a lot of schoolwork to do today, but I'm going to try to get a picture posted tonight.

Can I get in on this crochet-a-long. :waving :waving :waving

I am working on an afghan for hubby. It is from an Annie's Attic book and is called Harmony. It was really pretty in the picture. But, it is all single crochet with long stitch treble accents and seems to be taking forever. I need a little cheering on. :2blush

Here's where I am. I can't figure out why this particular image will not reduce. I fixed the other one just fine. Help

Harmonyprogresssmall.jpg

Hear's a detail.

Harmonydetailsmall.jpg

Oh, that's nice, Leslie! We've all been where you are -- the afghan I'm working on was taking forEVER until I got about a third of the way through and got in a rhythm. Hang in there! I can't wait to see the finished product!

The encouragement helps. I'm sorry about the oversized picture. I played with that for 45 minutes and couldn't get it to get smaller. The detail picture was the same size originally and reduced just fine. Go figure. :think

It must be because this one is all single that it is seems to be taking so long. I'll keep plugging away. I am doing another MAM so I have switched off a couple of times to help keep my sanity.

I also think it would be great to have a misc. MAM crochet along. I haven't been here long enough to start one myself. They are a lot of fun, go fast, and are great to do when it gets hot.

Thanks to the encouragement, I've added 33 more rows and 10 inches. I might get this done some day after all. :yay I'll keep posting progress pics to give myself incentive.

It's RHSS, warm brown and painted desert. At first I wasn't sure the painted desert was going to show enough. The more I get done the better I like it. Now I just have to get it done.

Leslie, that is so pretty. You are doing a great job on that. I love the color combo. I have used 'painted desert' a few times and love it. I am going to be making a 2 strander using painted desert. I just haven't decided on the second color yet.

Leslie - that's really pretty.

I got to work a little bit on my afghan this weekend - about 5 rows. It's progressing slowly. Hopefully in a few more weeks, I'll be able to devote a bit more time to this afghan. I'm sure it's beginning to feel unloved.

Hey All

I've been gone since last Wednesday and didn't really check in much. I have 15 squares done on my Breast Cancer ribbon afghan and I bought some yarn for the Daffodil Days afghan I'll be starting next. Nothing to post, didn't take any pictures. Just wanted to check in.

Barbara Jean, how are you feeling?

Joyce

Dreams, if I was doing a 2 strander with painted desert, I might go a shade lighter with the neutral. The warm brown would blend perfectly for that, but, it might be too close. Maybe a buff or a lighter shade in another brand.:)

Archived