Ellie's Baby Doll **UPDATED**

nucki

This is a doll I made for my neighbor's brand-new granddaughter, Ellie.

th_ElliesBabyDoll01.jpgSitting on my computer

th_ElliesBabyDoll05.jpgClose-up of her face

th_ElliesBabyDoll02.jpgclose-up of her hair

th_ElliesBabyDoll04.jpgclose-up of her dress

th_ElliesBabyDoll03.jpgclose-up of a leg

She was made without a pattern - I just made it up as I went along. I've written it down, though, and will be posting it in my blog eventually.

As I keep looking at her, I think her dress needs something. Maybe an applique flower?

EDIT:

th_ElliesBabyDoll06.jpg (<~clicky clicky)

That's what I ended up doing on her dress. I stood there looking at my stash for the longest time, trying to figure out what color I should use, when it suddenly hit me that white would work, because it goes with everything! :oops duhhhhhhhh! :lol

She is great! I am an embellishment fan, but I would leave this plan if it is for anyone under 3, which it seems to be :) Your doll is probably bigger than little Ellie!! What a great gift, sure to last a life time

Your doll is probably bigger than little Ellie!!

:lol:lolYou know, you're probably right!

I didn't necessarily MEAN for her to turn out so big... but as I was just "winging" it, I really didn't know HOW big she was gonna be. Ah well... good for cuddlin', I think!:manyheart

As for the flower... I was thinking a flat one that I could sew onto the dress, so that there's no little bits for her to pull off. Just a little "something." KWIM?:think

She's cute!! An embelishment would be cute if you did one the little one couldn't pull off. Or, how about adding a row or two in a different color to the bottom of the skirt? That would add color and interest without adding something she could rip off too easy?

I think she's lovley either way and will be adored by both the grandbaby and her whole family! :)

What about a smile on her face?

Smiles, Louise

:rofl

I wish I COULD!! What's ON her face is the best I can do!

Pathetic, I know, but... well... there ya go!:blush:lol

Very cool. She looks like something a little one will carry around for a long time. You know, the kind that gets dragged everywhere. A much loved doll.

I go along with a different color for the skirt, or make the skirt different colored ruffles.

Great Job.:hook

Archived