Beret from Lionbrand Pattern

Sue89

I never wear hats, and living so far down south I've never really needed to. However, in the past few days something has changed. It's COLD down here! :wbrr

So since I like to go walking on these chilly nights, I decided to make myself some kind of hat to at least warm my ears a little. I chose the Glitterspun Beret pattern at the Lionbrand site, although I didn't use Glitterspun yarn for it. It's just plain old RH in a color that matches a sweater I previously made. I posted a similar one last year that I made for my sister, but this one has more rounds of the pattern because I wanted a size big enough to accomodate my curly hair. I may have gone overboard because it seems really big. Anyway, here it is.

th_rberet.jpg

th_rberetback.jpg

The one great thing about this weather is that I can finally wear all those scarves I've made over the years. Maybe I'll make a matching scarf in this color, since I still have so much yarn left.

it's really very pretty and it does you justice! a matching scarf would look great, even if you rarely get to wear them

That hat is adorable and it's adorable on you. I also love the color. Did you know that oversized hats (berets) were on the runway last fall, even bigger than yours? I'm a designer and I made one on purpose bigger than that:)

Wow! That's beautiful work! :applause I don't think it's too big at all. And the color looks very good on you. I know what you mean about being cold...I heard it was in the 30's in Florida the other day!!!:eek Strange, huh?

Archived