I wonder how it would look...

I wonder how it would look if I drilled holes in the end of my hooks and wore them around my neck! :lol

I've lost two hooks just this week! :P

DH already teases me because in the evening I use a flashlight on a strap around my head to light up my work. He says I look like a miner. Just imagine what I'd look like with the headlamp and a hook necklace! :lol :lol

I put mine in my hair. Like chopsticks. My hair is really, really long (stupid long; I'm too lazy to go get it cut), and I always wear it in a ponytail, and when I'm working on something and I have to get up, I shove the hook into my ponytail above the elastic.

Or, when I'm working, I, ahem, put it in the natural pocket formed by my "mom pillows", lol! I've only ever lost one hook, and that was absconded with by my daughter.

You should make a chatelaine with loops for your hooks!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

that is WAY to funny. i guess you would look like a miner crocheting.

i stick mine behind my ear. then sometimes I forget that I did that I search for ever trying to find my hook. Hubby just looks at me and goes "*clears throat* It's behind your ear." :oops

I've even thought of super glueing them to my hand.

although I think that a necklace made from crochet hooks would be cute. then you'll always have them with you. :)

DH already teases me because in the evening I use a flashlight on a strap around my head to light up my work. He says I look like a miner. Just imagine what I'd look like with the headlamp and a hook necklace! :lol :lol

you know they sell headlamps at most tool places. i waas thinking just that the other day when hubby dragged me off to harbor freight tools and i saw the "mechanics light " you wear on you. might be a idea, as for your hooks, you could make a little pocket necklace and put them in there that way you would have them, never thought about putting them in my moms pillow, i can just see myself digging for my hooks in public:eek:eek:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Craftsman makes a baseball cap with lights in the bill. Red and white. They turn on by a little switch at the back . . . .my dad got DH one for Christmas last year because he fishes a lot. Unfortunately, he's never gotten to use it - - - - I use it to light up my work when I'm using dark colors :lol

Or, when I'm working, I, ahem, put it in the natural pocket formed by my "mom pillows", lol!

:lol:yay I am cracking up laughing! I thought I was the only person who thinks cleavage is a safe place for my crochet hooks!!!!

I wonder how it would look if I drilled holes in the end of my hooks and wore them around my neck! :lol

I've lost two hooks just this week! :P

Well, if you're already wearing the light, might as well wear the hook, too. The engineers used to wear their sliderules as both tools and jewelry ...

Ok, everybody knows what a sliderule is, right? Or am I getting old? It predated the handheld calculator (by about 20 years I think) as the "most advanced tool" and "nothing better will ever be created". Now they look like some bizare double sided ruler with an attatched moving piece on it - still amases me that anybody ever did any kind of advanced math on it ...

If you want to date the era of an old sci-fi movie (other than it being in black and white LOL), check for the sliderule necklaces on the men ...

:lol:yay I am cracking up laughing! I thought I was the only person who thinks cleavage is a safe place for my crochet hooks!!!!

Oh no, that's where I always stick mine too! I've even gone out shopping and come home only to notice I had a hook there the whole time! :P

My Concert dress has a keyhole peek-a-boo thing in the front bodice. One of the concerts I do is a pit job, offstage for a large play, and the pit is very crowded and the music folder very thick. I can't keep my extra bassoon reeds on the stand where they get knocked off and broken - and doubtful I could find it on the dark floor, so I keep them in my bra :-) Sure, it's not ladylike to reach into your bra, but the audience can't see us, so it only freaks out the men sitting near me, and the conductor LOL I've always figured, should one of them say something, I'll tell them the bra is mine, I can play (literally) with what's in it (my reeds) if I want to ...

I think it is a clever idea. Even more brilliant than the miner head lamp. ;) I don't know if it would affect the hooks usage at all, but it would make a pretty stylish work of art...you could go into business and sell them. :lol

And I thought *I* was the only one who used her bosom as a hook holder, lol!

Good to know I'm not the only one out there who views her bosom as a useful tool.

And I thought *I* was the only one who used her bosom as a hook holder, lol!

Good to know I'm not the only one out there who views her bosom as a useful tool.

:think What's a bosom? :think

:devil:lol:devil:lol :lol :devil:lol:devil

I use a head lamp at night too. My dh got it for me but hates it now because anytime he says something to me, I look at him and the light goes straight into his eyes.

I would love to have a necklace hook holder but I think if they were attached to the necklace you couldn't use them. I will have to try my bosom. I usually discover tons of hooks when I clean between the couch cushions.

I am not as well endowed as some. So clevege is out, it would just hit the floor when I stood up. Mine usually end up in the side of my recliner. But a clever idea would be to have a retractable leash for your crochet hook. Anyone who smokes probably knows what I am talking about. It has a rubber cup that you slip the bottom of the disposable lighter into, and a clip you clip to your pocket. Then when you need it you just pull it out, when your done it retracts back into place. Now why can't they come up with something like that for us crocheters?

Somewhere I saw directions for taking Fimo Clay and making a big handle around the crochet hook so that it is easy to hold onto. You mold it to fit you hand and then bake it in the oven according to package directions. Maybe if you had a big colorful Fimo handle on your hooks they would be easier to find! :-)

I hope you don't mind a new person jumping in here. I was reading (and learning a lot) when I came across this thread.

Cleavage is something foreign to me. The only time I had cleavage was when I was pregnant. So using cleavage is not an option for me. :( I usually tuck it behind my ear. I don't have cleavage, but I do have big ears :lol :lol I have looked for my hook on numerous occasions only to have my daughter shake her head, point at my head and walk away laughing.

She has now made me a crochet hook holder. She took a soup can, lined it with batting and covered it with batting and material. It now sits near me so I can just drop it in the holder. So far, the cats haven't spotted it, or it would be fair game for them. She told me she lined it with the batting so the cats wouldn't hear the hooks rattling around when I moved it. Very clever girl.

• 1 month later...

I'm cleavage deprived too, but the bra usually holds on to it. Typically I use my hair as a holder. I use my cleavage, I mean bra, to hold it while I am working and need to put the hook down for a second.

I saw this (only small sizes 10-13) on the site I just picked up my crochet-lite hooks:

http://www.newenglandneedlearts.com/servlet/the-1218/LACIS-MINI-CROCHET-HOOK/Detail

I hate loosing hooks!

No matter what they say, I don't think any two are the same. Maybe I'm to anal, but I can pick up the same size hook, same vendor and the stitches just don't look the same.

Archived