Thanks to the 'Ville!

Since I found this site, I have been sooooo inspired to crochet! In the last year, I've done that Swirl sweater thingie, fingerless gloves, 3 Q-hook afghans, 2 baby afghans (1 circular, of course) and just whipped out a camo scarf for DGS. I'm now about 20 rows into a SpiderMan circle 'ghan for DGS. I am amazed! Now if y'all will just prod me into finishing that d*mn granny afghan I've been trying to ignore for 2 years! :devil

So glad you've been inspired!

I love this place as well. I've been inspired myself to try so many things since joinging.

And the people here are fantastic and so helpful

I know how you feel about the granny. I did a Nutcracker with Grannys in 2-rounds. YECK! I had it about 3/4 done when I dropped it for about 2 years. Make a promise to yourself after this last project - you'll get it done.

The 'Ville has helped me a lot also. I finally found out that I'm not the only one that likes yarn, buys too many crochet books and has too many WIP's lining around the house. I love to see what others are doing (none of my friends crochet).

I hear something in the back ground......... finish the granny squares, finish the granny squares....... I think your afghan is calling you. :lol

I agree too. I love it here and I have tried so many new things that I normally wouldn't have.

If I have a WIP that I don't want to finish, I tell myself that I can't work on what I really want to unless I put in 1 hour on the WIP I don't like. It doesn't always work, just depends on how self disciplined I am that day.

The granny said it was sooooo cold here right now, I should work on DGS's blanket first. Really. Or maybe it was saying "It's cold, work on meeeee!" as I shoved it back down in the bin?

Thanks for the encouragement! Can't wait to see what y'all inspire me to do next!

Same thing has happened to me! :scared I seem to be so inspired at times I can't sleep...! :tired

I'm inspired too, but have the opposite problem of the quoted poster....I fall asleep while crocheting and wake up during the night and I find my glasses on one side of me, my hook IN my side, and my current project on me plus a cat or two! If only I could remember to stop crocheting and put my stuff away BEFORE I fall asleep!!

I agree with everyone here. I have been inspired by the people here at Crochetville. I am finding myself doing things that I thought I could not do. My husband kept telling me I could do that but I just would not listen to him. Everyone here has been so helpful and I feel like that has helped me get my nerve up to try other things in crochet.

omegosh!!! me, too!! I spend way too much time on here..it's kind of addicting, don't you think? But it really inspires me too and most of all it helps me so much since I'm a beginner.

Let me give you a hint about getting projects done that I first read about on some cross stitch forums. When I started doing this, my pile of WIPs really went down.

Only work on projects for a set number of hours. Maybe 10 hours per project and work on 3-5 projects at once. And vary the size of your projects. Some big, some small. That way, you're always making progress on big projects and you're getting small ones done.

Hope this helps,

Julia

...i have only one complaint - i tend to spend too much time on here.:)

:lol ME TOO! My hubby hates that I'm on here so much. But this sight gave me the courage to try something on my own. :c9 I made a hat w/no pattern.:eek It got a great response. And I didn't expect it. I gave two of them out, then got in orders for 5 more. Only four more to go now.:hook

Archived