Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Thanks, ladies! We've had so much going on lately that even a new battery is good news. :lol

Mary, that is great news! Stay safe in the rain. And you really don't have to send it our way. We've had enough. :lol Lake Lanier went from 7 feet low to only 3 1/2 feet low in 5 days. That at least is good news. :)

Yes! Those of us who have been through a drought appreciate this! :yes

Gracie has been a wild child with our first cool front of the fall. I took this a few minutes ago right after she finally gave up for the evening. She is now sound asleep. :manyheart She is almost 6 1/2 months old now and weighs about 11 pounds.

post-10699-135897451904_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, ladies! We've had so much going on lately that even a new battery is good news. :lol

Gracie has been a wild child with our first cool front of the fall. I took this a few minutes ago right after she finally gave up for the evening. She is now sound asleep. :manyheart She is almost 6 1/2 months old now and weighs about 11 pounds.

She is adorable!

What a sweetie!

She is just the cutest little dog! :manyheart If I didn't think Tuon would absolutely revolt I'd look into a cairn :lol

Things SEEM to be getting better around here...

DH and I went costume shopping for the little one last night, hes gonna be Yoda, which will crack all my family up because they thought he looks like him, then one day I called him Yoda(hes got my ears) in front of my mum and she just started cracking up saying how they were afraid I would be offended by them thinking he looked like that. Hecks no, we are Star Wars geeks in this house. The costume is perfect, and it will def fit even if he grows some.

Before his WoW raid last night he came in and hugged me, I really didn't want it but he really didnt give me a choice. This morning before he left he kissed my cheek. Which is really all fine and dandy but he said one very hurtful thing to me that hes already said sorry for, but sorry is not gonna cut it for that kind of comment. Im fearful that he is just gonna push it under the rug if I don't keep bringing it up, but if I keep bringing it up its going to turn into a mess. I dunno what to do with that, but it really cut me deep. Ugh. Any advice?

So the pink comfortghan is finished minus the ends being tucked away which I hope to get done really soon. May not be able to ship it til next friday which is payday though. No news from her, but when I asked her Husband for her (new) address he gave me the apt address. I sure as heck am not sending it there. Knowing him he would open in, read my note and throw it away or something. Noo no no.

haha cat lovers. I have so many scars is not even funny. Including one on my eye lid from a cat slipping off the headboard onto me while I was sleeping and a scar that is on the outside and inside of my nostril from my parents cat who hauled off and bit me after a trip once. The cats are front declawed now because of the Tot but still, ughhhhh. Im a total cat person though...so much easier than dogs, and mine play fetch and chew on shoes so its like have a cat-dog ;)

I want it to rain more here. We got some good rain Monday and some last night apparently, I heard thunder but not rain. I love thunderstorms, I sleep sooooo good those nights, why is that?

Only one of mine is front declawed. Tasha lost hers when she wouldn't stop climbing the screen door. No kidding, I'd look up and the cat would be 3/4 of the way up. And even squirting her didn't deter her. Boris liked to scratch door jams, until I put double sided sticky tape on that is :devil And he liked the corners of some of my furniture, again until the tape got put on. Now he uses the tire of the bike I don't use and the litter mat.

For those who had rain you really didn't need to send it my way. I had to go grocery shopping yesterday and wouldn't you know it was pouring by the time I got home.

Good morning ladies :flower

Erin - Hmm, unfair fighting is always rough :( My ex did that. That's part of why he's an ex :lol Since you asked for advice I'm gonna give it. In a calm moment I would just tell him quietly that you didn't appreciate the remark and saying I'm sorry just doesn't unring that bell. I'd also make a pact with him that when y'all argue you will fight "fair". No name calling....EVER. And no shouting either. Especially with a little one in the house. You can argue and disagree because that's human. But to make ugly comments to someone you love is unacceptable. If y'all can keep to that I think you'll find things go much better :hug

Val - BDs about ready to declaw Tuon :blush She has this nasty habit of scratching on our bed when she's ready for someone to get up and feed her. Doesn't matter that's it is several hours til her feeding time :lol And it wakes him up. I sleep through it. It's kind of like when a little kid keeps calling "Mommy! Mommy!" when they're just being whiny. You learn to tune it out :lol We need to just start sleeping with our door closed. I don't like that though because if the burglar alarm goes off we wouldn't hear it through that thick door. And Tuon likes to sleep in bed with us and I'm afraid she'd holler outside the door all night. I just have a serious anti-declawing position. My sisters' cats are all declawed but I just can't bring myself to do that :no But I'd better figure out something fast :lol

It's gonna be a nice cool day here today :c9 If the humidity isn't too high I think I might even open the doors. But I think it will be too high since it rained all yesterday and it's supposed to rain tomorrow too.

I hope it doesn't rain too much because tomorrow's my day out. If it rains too much I can't go anywhere. Too much slip and fall risk :( I get really, really bummed when it rains on my days out :lol

But I'll worry about that later because there's really not a lot I can do about it anyway :lol My house is actually clean after the last couple of days of giving it some much needed attention :dance

So I think today will be a work on the GB boy and a little gaming kinda day. I think I deserve it :D

Cara have you looked into the soft claws things? They glue on over the cats regular claws. Boris gets his clipped. DBF and I have it figured out, he holds Boris and pulls up on the scruff of his neck and I clip. Takes no time to do it that way. Hmmm, DBF will be over tonight, I think it's time for a claw clipping.

Good morning, everyone. We are starting late today for some reason. The sun is playing peek-a-boo with the clouds and it's pretty windy but otherwise a really nice day.

Erin, I agree with Cara's advice. Plus you have to let go of the past. After 24 to 48 hours you have to let it go. Tell him it really hurt you, but then you have to drop it or it will fester and grow into something that could poison your marriage. We all occasionally say things we don't mean and regret. Guys have a lot harder time acknowledging that kind of thing than gals, but even gals can have problems saying "I'm sorry." And "I'm sorry" doesn't always take away the hurt, but words unfortunately can't be unsaid. You just have to go on and forgive them. Otherwise it can turn you into a very bitter person. And you are too kind and caring for that. :hug Vent when you need to. We love you. :ghug

Cara have you looked into the soft claws things? They glue on over the cats regular claws. Boris gets his clipped. DBF and I have it figured out, he holds Boris and pulls up on the scruff of his neck and I clip. Takes no time to do it that way. Hmmm, DBF will be over tonight, I think it's time for a claw clipping.

Yep, I have a set of purple soft claws in the fridge (you have to keep the glue cold) that we used to put on Misa. We called her Princess Purple Toes :rofl But omg she *hated* them! We tried them on her 4 times as I got a lot of them. But we value our lives too much to try to put them on Tuon. Tuon is mean :lol Her daddy is one of the neighborhood cats. I call him Killer and I think she takes after her daddy :lol

Good morning, everyone. We are starting late today for some reason. The sun is playing peek-a-boo with the clouds and it's pretty windy but otherwise a really nice day.

Erin, I agree with Cara's advice. Plus you have to let go of the past. After 24 to 48 hours you have to let it go. Tell him it really hurt you, but then you have to drop it or it will fester and grow into something that could poison your marriage.

Oh yes, I agree with this wholeheartedly :yes Beating a dead horse does no one any good :no You've just gotta move on :yes

Tried those...cats tore them off!!!! I hated declawing them but they still have their back claws just in case.

Good morning ladies :flower

Erin - Hmm, unfair fighting is always rough :( My ex did that. That's part of why he's an ex :lol Since you asked for advice I'm gonna give it. In a calm moment I would just tell him quietly that you didn't appreciate the remark and saying I'm sorry just doesn't unring that bell. I'd also make a pact with him that when y'all argue you will fight "fair". No name calling....EVER. And no shouting either. Especially with a little one in the house. You can argue and disagree because that's human. But to make ugly comments to someone you love is unacceptable. If y'all can keep to that I think you'll find things go much better :hug

Yeah, he admits he has temper/anger issues and just looks for the nastiest thing he can say at the given moment, promises he will work on it, but still nothing yet. I dunno, that def wasnt our worst fight but I just don't agree with making fun of your wifes appearance and thinking a text message sorry is enough. Sigh.

Erin, I agree with Cara's advice. Plus you have to let go of the past. After 24 to 48 hours you have to let it go. Tell him it really hurt you, but then you have to drop it or it will fester and grow into something that could poison your marriage. We all occasionally say things we don't mean and regret. Guys have a lot harder time acknowledging that kind of thing than gals, but even gals can have problems saying "I'm sorry." And "I'm sorry" doesn't always take away the hurt, but words unfortunately can't be unsaid. You just have to go on and forgive them. Otherwise it can turn you into a very bitter person. And you are too kind and caring for that. :hug Vent when you need to. We love you. :ghug

I dont usually say im sorry, not til he does, and thats because I dont want to abuse the word and play it out, like he has. I dunno, my sis is sending me a great book so maybe it will help me. Ive battled self esteem in relationships since I can remember. I loose my identity most the time trying to make the other happy. So far Josh allows me to be an individual but hes just as stinkin stubborn as me, oh my my my. Like I said, things seem to be getting better, but I do think some flowers or a card are in order, something more than "Im sorry I was outta line" :think

Time to feed the little one!! :lol

I dont usually say im sorry, not til he does, and thats because I dont want to abuse the word and play it out, like he has. I dunno, my sis is sending me a great book so maybe it will help me. Ive battled self esteem in relationships since I can remember. I loose my identity most the time trying to make the other happy. So far Josh allows me to be an individual but hes just as stinkin stubborn as me, oh my my my. Like I said, things seem to be getting better, but I do think some flowers or a card are in order, something more than "Im sorry I was outta line" :think

Time to feed the little one!! :lol

I can relate to that. I tend to people please to the point of getting lost myself, too. It's a constant battle, but it does get somewhat easier with practice.

I know it takes some of the specialness out of it, but how about suggesting to Josh that it would be really nice if he would take just the two of you out for a nice dinner or something. It sometimes takes some prompting for guys to get the message.

I know it takes some of the specialness out of it, but how about suggesting to Josh that it would be really nice if he would take just the two of you out for a nice dinner or something. It sometimes takes some prompting for guys to get the message.

Ain't that the truth? :lol

Ain't that the truth? :lol

9.5 times outta 10 ;)

Sadly though, the only people we have that can watch the baby in town are our friends, whom the man I am not speaking to at the moment, so I dunno. He's the MOST egotistical man I have ever met :angry Just yesterday he told his wife that it "doesnt matter" that she cooks him a dinner. what the heck is up with that?!!

Maybe over the Halloween weekend we can ask my parents to watch him for a few hours. They usually are willing. :clap

Things SEEM to be getting better around here...

DH and I went costume shopping for the little one last night, hes gonna be Yoda, which will crack all my family up because they thought he looks like him, then one day I called him Yoda(hes got my ears) in front of my mum and she just started cracking up saying how they were afraid I would be offended by them thinking he looked like that. Hecks no, we are Star Wars geeks in this house. The costume is perfect, and it will def fit even if he grows some.

Before his WoW raid last night he came in and hugged me, I really didn't want it but he really didnt give me a choice. This morning before he left he kissed my cheek. Which is really all fine and dandy but he said one very hurtful thing to me that hes already said sorry for, but sorry is not gonna cut it for that kind of comment. Im fearful that he is just gonna push it under the rug if I don't keep bringing it up, but if I keep bringing it up its going to turn into a mess. I dunno what to do with that, but it really cut me deep. Ugh. Any advice?

So the pink comfortghan is finished minus the ends being tucked away which I hope to get done really soon. May not be able to ship it til next friday which is payday though. No news from her, but when I asked her Husband for her (new) address he gave me the apt address. I sure as heck am not sending it there. Knowing him he would open in, read my note and throw it away or something. Noo no no.

I would tell him how you feel about what he said. Tell him you forgive but you cannot forget. :shrug But the other advice is awesome too. I just wish I could argue with my husband without yelling. He is getting like his father in that respect. :irk Hope it all goes well for you. :hug

Hi kids- I am an old old timer from 'way back- just thought I'd stick my nose in and say howdy! I am almost done with the All God's Children ghan, and I love those girls! The Blocks are done and the ends are woven, I am just working on the sashing strips I decided to add. It is my on and off again UFO, and now I am working on Christmas stuff. I'll be hanging out in the Christmas CAL, but I just had to check in with me old peeps!

Hi Ladies. :) Thanks for all the kind words about Gracie. :manyheart I try to email DH a picture when he's out of town...he misses her more than me when he's gone. :lol

Erin ~ You guys are young and will always have things to work on. :hug After almost 38 years, we still have disagreements and DH does have more of a stubborn streak than I do. ;) I can still remember how long it took for us to really know eachother and there were lots of frustrating times...mostly on my part. Hang in there!

Hi Julie! It's so good to see your here... I remember your gorgeous ATW. :hook Can't wait to see pictures of your AGC ghan!

I've been trying to finish this post for an hour, but the phone keeps ringing. Be back later. :)

Oh, Julie! It's just wonderful. :cheer As for pictures, we can now click on the attachment button when you are posting (just to the left of the back-forward arrows) and get it straight from wherever you save pics on your computer. Thanks for the picture!

Archived