Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I was showered and dressed, lists made, all ready to run errands and my car wouldn't start. :( Our roadside assistance will come, but only if they can "access" the battery, etc. Well, DH's boat is in the other half of the garage and the motor is partially apart because he was doing a tune-up...so I can't wheel it out into the driveway. I may be here without a car until Wednesday night when DH comes home. :eek Of course, I only want to go somewhere when I can't. :lol

Oh, NO!!!!!!! That's terrible!!!!

We don't have any appointments this week and I got groceries yesterday, so if the rain keeps up we'll just stay indoors. I'll dodge the rain drops to get the paper and mail once a day, but otherwise it's inside and dry. :manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh no! Sounds like time to call Yellow Cab :yes They're expensive but when I really want to go somewhere and have no vehicle or I'm not in good enough shape to drive and there's no one available I hire a car :yes

Whew! :whew I'm plum tuckered out :lol Cleaned the fridge and updated the website. Laundry is doing its thing too :D

I decided to just share the pattern for the baby blanket. I find myself getting caught up in the wanting to make money or being published and it's sort of stressing me :P Time to just go back to the original plan and share :D

I took a cab home from downtown after a wedding (I had a sprained ankle and DD had picked me up, but I didn't want her to have to leave early)...$47.00! We live in a rural area and I guess they just love to drive out here. :lol

Awww, thanks for sharing the pattern with us! :manyheart

Oh, NO!!!!!!! That's terrible!!!!

We don't have any appointments this week and I got groceries yesterday, so if the rain keeps up we'll just stay indoors. I'll dodge the rain drops to get the paper and mail once a day, but otherwise it's inside and dry. :manyheart

I just heard we're already under a flash flood watch for tonight and it's not even raining. :lol

I was afraid to try the gear shift in case I broke it, too. ;) Duh! I had called our insurance roadside assistance before, then I remembered we belong to Allstate Motor Club. :blush We've never used it, so now's the time. Since it's not an emergency, I'll call back in the morning and someone will be out within 2 hours...with a tow truck just in case. Super nice people and he said "we have to reach engines and batteries in harder places than a garage with a boat." :yes

so I dunno if yall remembering me saying how I took the little mans pics this time instead of having someone or sears do it for us. Well I thought they weren't going to turn out so well since hes sooo super curious outside and what not and he didn't seem to smile that day. Well heres the picture that just made my month of crud worth it.

post-19700-13589745171_thumb.jpg

I couldnt be more in love :manyheart

I took a cab home from downtown after a wedding (I had a sprained ankle and DD had picked me up, but I didn't want her to have to leave early)...$47.00! We live in a rural area and I guess they just love to drive out here. :lol

Awww, thanks for sharing the pattern with us! :manyheart

I just heard we're already under a flash flood watch for tonight and it's not even raining. :lol

I was afraid to try the gear shift in case I broke it, too. ;) Duh! I had called our insurance roadside assistance before, then I remembered we belong to Allstate Motor Club. :blush We've never used it, so now's the time. Since it's not an emergency, I'll call back in the morning and someone will be out within 2 hours...with a tow truck just in case. Super nice people and he said "we have to reach engines and batteries in harder places than a garage with a boat." :yes

Yikes! That's an expensive trip for sure. Glad to hear you're not going to have to for hubbie to get home before you can get out.

so I dunno if yall remembering me saying how I took the little mans pics this time instead of having someone or sears do it for us. Well I thought they weren't going to turn out so well since hes sooo super curious outside and what not and he didn't seem to smile that day. Well heres the picture that just made my month of crud worth it.

[ATTACH]9083[/ATTACH]

Oh, Erin, that's priceless!

I just got done watching the news. Yikes! There's flooding all over the place south of us. We are fine. Thank goodness. And it looks like the rain may be tapering off and giving us a few dry days soon.

Erin - Cute photo! :manyheart

Linda - I actually watched the news tonight and I saw photos of all the flooding. It's just awful :( But they did say that the rain should end by late tomorrow thank goodness. Stay safe :hug

I got a whole row done on the GB boy today :fame:lol

[ATTACH]9083[/ATTACH]

Too cute! What a face! I like to think God made babies so adorable so we would forgive them anything:lol

Ugh, you know the statement "when it rains it pours"

well all your talks about raining and flooding made me thing about that. First off I hope you guys stay dry and nothing gets ruined! Im just trying to stay positive right now but its really not working, day two of fighting. Ugh. Fighting over text messages too for that matter, omg...

cleaning some more today, then ill have to go get groceries, with out the DH, ugh hes such a jerk sometimes. Like okay, why would it be easier for me to just go while hes working, WITH the baby? yah, right, after about 10 minutes the kid will either be grabbing everything or fussy. I guess that will be better than DH saying, okay lets hurry up. Bah. Im a little ball of hate today ;)

Linda, Stay dry and cozy!:hug

Cara, I just looked at the site again....you did a wonderful job of showcasing the Hailey blanket!:clap

Aww thank you :manyheart I'm trying my best to make the photos more appealing. Sometimes it works....sometimes it doesn't :lol

Good morning ladies :flower

It's raining!! :dance It thundered and rained all last night, too! It was fabulous :c9 Of course BD isn't real happy about it because he actually had to go outside but for us homebound types it's pretty nice :lol It's cooled it down quite a bit too which is always a good thing :D

I got one row of the GB boy done yesterday :dance I'm hoping for another row or two today. I've changed my mind again about the red and green holiday yarn that I got for the border squares. I just don't think it's going to work right. So I'm going with burgundy and the lovely thyme green that our local WM now carries. Knew I should gotten some of that the other day when I saw it but I'm trying to be good :lol

Also have some cooking and cleaning and freezing to do today. Sounds very ambitious but it shouldn't take all that long. I just have to slice and freeze yet *more* banana peppers I got from that plant that's gone wild :lol The cooking will take all of about half an hour if that. The cleaning will probably take longer but I'll Flylady it :yes

It's raining!! :dance It thundered and rained all last night, too! It was fabulous :c9 Of course BD isn't real happy about it because he actually had to go outside but for us homebound types it's pretty nice :lol It's cooled it down quite a bit too which is always a good thing :D

I got one row of the GB boy done yesterday :dance I'm hoping for another row or two today. I've changed my mind again about the red and green holiday yarn that I got for the border squares. I just don't think it's going to work right. So I'm going with burgundy and the lovely thyme green that our local WM now carries. Knew I should gotten some of that the other day when I saw it but I'm trying to be good :lol

Also have some cooking and cleaning and freezing to do today. Sounds very ambitious but it shouldn't take all that long. I just have to slice and freeze yet *more* banana peppers I got from that plant that's gone wild :lol The cooking will take all of about half an hour if that. The cleaning will probably take longer but I'll Flylady it :yes

You sound like me :D I took back the more muted shades of the Holiday Homespun and replaced it with the brighter shades. And of course I had to pick up the RH holiday yarns :lol But I love my coupons! I had one for each skein of RH I bought :yay. I'm itching to start the snowmen and mice with it, but I think I'll wait a little bit since I started a RR with the HH. Until the RR gets too big to be my take along project that is.

You sound like me :D I took back the more muted shades of the Holiday Homespun and replaced it with the brighter shades. And of course I had to pick up the RH holiday yarns :lol But I love my coupons! I had one for each skein of RH I bought :yay. I'm itching to start the snowmen and mice with it, but I think I'll wait a little bit since I started a RR with the HH. Until the RR gets too big to be my take along project that is.

I had a coupon for one of them thank goodness because they want 4 bucks for a 2.5 oz skein :P

Cara & Judy - You are so right about the animals and their cuteness saving their furry lives. Yesterday evening, I was playing on my Nintendo DS (the new Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box game is fantastic by the way) and Cooper wanted to climb up on my lap. Not a biggie...I moved my arms so he could lay down. Well, Cooper is a bit on the chubby side....actually, he's the fattest cat I've ever seen in person. So, he slipped while trying to jump up. It's a high jump for a 29-pound cat. What do cats do when they start to fall? They extend their claws and grab the closest thing they can find. The closest "thing" just happened to be my leg. I have 10 claw marks on my thigh. It hurt pretty bad. I know he didn't do it on purpose, but the reason I forgave him so quickly was because he's so darn adorable.

Cara & Judy - You are so right about the animals and their cuteness saving their furry lives. Yesterday evening, I was playing on my Nintendo DS (the new Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box game is fantastic by the way) and Cooper wanted to climb up on my lap. Not a biggie...I moved my arms so he could lay down. Well, Cooper is a bit on the chubby side....actually, he's the fattest cat I've ever seen in person. So, he slipped while trying to jump up. It's a high jump for a 29-pound cat. What do cats do when they start to fall? They extend their claws and grab the closest thing they can find. The closest "thing" just happened to be my leg. I have 10 claw marks on my thigh. It hurt pretty bad. I know he didn't do it on purpose, but the reason I forgave him so quickly was because he's so darn adorable.

Oh ouch! I ended up with claw marks on my back for that very same reason one day. Cat was trying to get into the computer chair behind me and next thing I know I'm hollering in pain.

Ouch! Makes me glad that Sarge is totally declawed.

We are high and dry here. Thank goodness! Not so those to the south and west of us. But the sun is actually shining now for the first time in many days. And it sounds like we're going to get a break from the rain for at least a few days. That should help a lot. There's more rain in the forecast for the weekend, so it could get dicey again then. I hope not, but we will see what develops.

Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)

[ATTACH]9083[/ATTACH]

He is so cute, Erin!

I just got done watching the news. Yikes! There's flooding all over the place south of us. We are fine. Thank goodness. And it looks like the rain may be tapering off and giving us a few dry days soon.

The pictures of the flooding are unbelievable. I'm glad you all are in a safe area. :yes

You have been one busy lady! It's 62 degrees here right now...and we dodged the bullet on severe weather last with just lots of rain and some wind.

Nicole ~ We've got to be cat lovers to have "battle wounds." :lol Zoe has given me a few, too...but now she has Gracie to play with. ;)

Good news! I called the auto club at 7 a.m. They told me the name and number of who would be here in "no more than an hour." Of course, I took that with a grain of salt. :lol Well, in 30 minutes the tow truck pulled up; the guy was super nice; jumped my battery and it started right up. I drove to the dealer and had them put in a new one, which cost me a total of $37. They said it was still under warranty and prorated the cost! For once, everything worked out with no hassles!

It's raining again now, but Gracie and I had a long walk just before it started. Time for her nap and some crochet time for me. :hook

Mary, that is great news! Stay safe in the rain. And you really don't have to send it our way. We've had enough. :lol Lake Lanier went from 7 feet low to only 3 1/2 feet low in 5 days. That at least is good news. :)

haha cat lovers. I have so many scars is not even funny. Including one on my eye lid from a cat slipping off the headboard onto me while I was sleeping and a scar that is on the outside and inside of my nostril from my parents cat who hauled off and bit me after a trip once. The cats are front declawed now because of the Tot but still, ughhhhh. Im a total cat person though...so much easier than dogs, and mine play fetch and chew on shoes so its like have a cat-dog ;)

I want it to rain more here. We got some good rain Monday and some last night apparently, I heard thunder but not rain. I love thunderstorms, I sleep sooooo good those nights, why is that?

Archived