Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, so my MIL finally responded to my questions and now of course I feel terrible for even asking. Her mom isn't doing well. Hospice seems to think not much longer now. We are trying to keep our trips to a minimum until something happens there. Poor lady is calling herself stupid for being so sad and upset about her mom, because she has been preparing and she thinks she should be more level headed??? Oh my my my. I don't care how much time you got to prepare it doesn't change the fact that you are about to loose your MOTHER. I just hope the comfortghan will help...

I almost have all the pink squares joined in stripes. I stopped to do some blocks for Goldiepel. Who I think has now left the Ville =/ Thanfully I have her addy and can still send them to her for her nursing home ghans. Josh is home early with early signs of a migraine...blurry vision and trails...not good, pray we don't end up at a med center or the ER today..

Linda, the squares are beautiful! I love the colors you're using. :hook

Hi Cara ~ Yay for feeling better today. :yay Can't wait to see what you decide to do for Hailey!

Erin, I'm so sorry about Josh's grandmother. I hope he's okay. :hug

Gracie went for her first real grooming today. Cairns don't need a lot at this age, so they did "F, F, &T"...face, feet and tail. :lol She looks so cute, and still has her scruffy look, but we can see eyes and ears better.

I've started the first baby round ripple! This one is the purple and white (TCU colors) and I'd forgotten that they go fairly quickly. :)

Okay, it's official. I'm insane :lol

I searched and searched and rearranged stuff trying to use these Sweet 16s but I couldn't come up with anything I liked. So after one more search I found this (it's a .pdf) that I love! It's just the sort of thing I was looking for.

Only thing is it's made with charm squares. 5" x 5" squares :eek So I've been cutting the 9" x 11" Sweet 16s into 2 5x5s. Plus, I can get two 4"x4" and one 3"x3" square from one block. Waste not want not. I'll find something to do with the extras :wink

My left wrist is killing me, atm. I think I'm pressing just a bit too hard on that cutting ruler :lol So it's time for a break :yes

I also made BD and I a nice cake that's cooling now so I can frost it. Not much but I'm gonna make this anniversary as nice a celebration as I can :manyheart

Happy anniversary, Cara!

Vacation was lovely, but going back to work today was no fun. It was a day from Hades, too.

Linda - I love the squares. Good job

Mary - I bet Gracie looks sweet!

Hi Dusti, Judy and any one I'm accidentally forgetting off the top of my head. I brought some work home so I should get to it. Chat with y'all soon. :hug

I don't care how much time you got to prepare it doesn't change the fact that you are about to loose your MOTHER. I just hope the comfortghan will help...

I almost have all the pink squares joined in stripes. I stopped to do some blocks for Goldiepel. Who I think has now left the Ville =/ Thanfully I have her addy and can still send them to her for her nursing home ghans. Josh is home early with early signs of a migraine...blurry vision and trails...not good, pray we don't end up at a med center or the ER today..

I'm sure the comfortghan will help:hug

About Goldiepel: she should have put another comment out FIRST to see if there was a response...before deciding we sucked.

I've started the first baby round ripple! This one is the purple and white (TCU colors) and I'd forgotten that they go fairly quickly. :)

They do! I love maing them for babies...great stash buster, too.

I searched and searched and rearranged stuff trying to use these Sweet 16s but I couldn't come up with anything I liked. So after one more search I found this (it's a .pdf) that I love! It's just the sort of thing I was looking for.

Only thing is it's made with charm squares. 5" x 5" squares :eek So I've been cutting the 9" x 11" Sweet 16s into 2 5x5s. Plus, I can get two 4"x4" and one 3"x3" square from one block. Waste not want not. I'll find something to do with the extras :wink

My left wrist is killing me, atm. I think I'm pressing just a bit too hard on that cutting ruler :lol So it's time for a break :yes

I also made BD and I a nice cake that's cooling now so I can frost it. Not much but I'm gonna make this anniversary as nice a celebration as I can :manyheart

Very nice pattern! Take it easy and enjoy your evening with BD:hug:manyheart

Yeah, Ive talked to her a little more about it, basically she was being over emotional due to her friends illness and what not. I don't blame her for that, but yeah, agreed. She helped me so I'll help her with a few. I explained to her that most people just check the "new posts" and then that they are a lot of ones that don't stay on there long. I think there is something more to the situation, but oh well!! I mean, a lot of people just "browse" and don't leave little comments, its kinda sad, but well, then there are the opposite kinda of people!!! :)

Im very happy people have helped me with my two comfortghans! I received a bunch in the mail today, yippee. Megans just needs to be all put together!

Oh happy anniversary Cara!

I'm sure the comfortghan will help:hug

About Goldiepel: she should have put another comment out FIRST to see if there was a response...before deciding we sucked.

[...]

Very nice pattern! Take it easy and enjoy your evening with BD:hug:manyheart

Uh oh. Sounds like another impatient one :ohdear Not gonna get into it because I'm clueless and she isn't here to defend herself. I do like giving folks the benefit of the doubt :yes And yes, I'm taking it real easy with this. I figure it'll take me months just to get the top done :lol

Nice pattern, Cara. Take it easy with the ruler. Have a wonderful celebration with BD. :hug

I just finished the last stitches on the top of Kim's quilt. I'll get it pressed and take a picture of it tomorrow for all of you. I've lost the light for today. The borders do exactly what I had hoped they would do for it. :yay

Uh oh. Sounds like another impatient one :ohdear Not gonna get into it because I'm clueless and she isn't here to defend herself. I do like giving folks the benefit of the doubt :yes And yes, I'm taking it real easy with this. I figure it'll take me months just to get the top done :lol

Yeah, well, a site this vast cannot please them all. There has been plenty of times where not too many have posted on my threads, or offered help, or whatever, but then there's times where its just the opposite. Kinda like having a bad day. Seems like that was just hers and she was just done with it. Meh. Oh well!!!

We dont suck though. :clap

Happy anniversary, Cara!

Vacation was lovely, but going back to work today was no fun. It was a day from Hades, too.

Linda - I love the squares. Good job

Mary - I bet Gracie looks sweet!

Hi Dusti, Judy and any one I'm accidentally forgetting off the top of my head. I brought some work home so I should get to it. Chat with y'all soon. :hug

Glad the Va - ca was good, but work does stink. Whenever I find myself wishing I was still working I pinch myself...literally!

Hi Ladies. :)

Erin ~ I had mail today! :yay We get lots of mail for DH, MIL and bills, but this is my very own. :lol Thank you so much for the note and the lovely stitch marker. It's my first handmade one and I love it. :manyheart

Okay...really trying to catch up this time. Don't want y'all to think I don't care about what you've been up to you! :blush

Priszm - Thank you for the People of Wal-mart website! :lol I've looked through several pages. I'm disturbing the cats because I'm laughing so hard. :rofl

Cara - The Gingerbread pattern is precious1 There are so many of those I want to make, but I stink at them. I'm working on a Gingham...hopefully that will get my practice in. The toy soldier is so cute! :manyheart That's :yuck that you couldn't do the work you wanted on the site!

Erin - I'm so jealous of all your recent yarn finds! I wish I had the patience to find great stuff like that. I really dislike shopping though. The $6 throw is beautiful. That pattern would make a great wrap or shawl, too. :yes How are you doing on blue squares? I could make a few if you still need them. I likely wouldn't be able to get them out until the end of the week though. Let me know! I hope Alex feels better soon. Those teeth are rough. :hug

Linda - I might have to check out that book you were ready - The Donor. Did you finish it yet? How was it? I love the snowflakes! They are so pretty. The squares are very pretty! Sounds like you and Rosie have been having fun lately. :yes

Mary - The quiltghan is gorgeous! Sorry...can't come up with the name of that one right now. I bet Gracie looks even more adorable. Wait, I don't think that's possible!

Mindy - Welcome! I hope you stick around and chat while you make a quiltghan.

Judy - I love the RR in your avatar!

Dusti - How's dd? All better? Did she make it all day at school? I'd love to see pics of the jacket once it's done!

Alicia - Welcome to the CAL! I struggled with my first quiltghan. So I put it away and haven't picked it back up yet. :lol I congratulate you for sticking with it!

Joy & Jessica - Hi :hi

My first day back at work was horrible. It seems like my vacations are always ruined the first day I get back. There is one person who waits until I'm gone and starts a bunch of trouble. Once I got back I proved that I did what I was supposed to do, but it stinks I have to go through that though. Plus, I wasted almost my entire day dealing with his poo. Ah well, I'm trying really hard not to dwell on it.

Vacation was wonderful. I went to some property my family owns. Just me and the kitties (it's not a far drive). It was nice to get away.

I'm sorry to hear that Goldipel left. I don't know what happened. I wish I was around so I could have responded. Like Erin said, we all have bad days. I hope she recovers some and comes back later. Send her my thoughts please Erin. I'd love to help her with whatever she needs.

Oh, so I had to run to Kroger for coffee this evening. I was completely out....not good at all! I neededoffee and creamer (that I can only get at Kroger...it's fat free and lactose free). I figured it would take 10 minutes. I was in line to checkout fo 20 minutes! It was insane. I had to have coffee though. :sigh

Have a great short week everyone! I'm ready for another vacation already. :lol

yah nicole I could def use more, but only if you have time.

I just read my MIL facebook status and it looks like her mom is off all drugs but some pain meds now, must just be trying to make her comfortable.

All righty, Erin...will make some blue for you! I have plenty of blue yarn in my stash. :devil

Please PM me your address again because I didn't save it before. Thanks

So, it's 9:12 here and I just made a new pot of coffee. :hyper

yah nicole I could def use more, but only if you have time.

I just read my MIL facebook status and it looks like her mom is off all drugs but some pain meds now, must just be trying to make her comfortable.

Please send her our :hug :hug I know first hand how rough it is :(

Hi Ladies. :)

Erin ~ I had mail today! :yay We get lots of mail for DH, MIL and bills, but this is my very own. :lol Thank you so much for the note and the lovely stitch marker. It's my first handmade one and I love it. :manyheart

All righty, Erin...will make some blue for you! I have plenty of blue yarn in my stash. :devil

Please PM me your address again because I didn't save it before. Thanks

So, it's 9:12 here and I just made a new pot of coffee. :hyper

Please send her our :hug :hug I know first hand how rough it is :(

ughh yeah, im gonna have a good cry before I go to bed. :(I dunno why, Im really just upset about a funeral in our near future. Im gonna see if josh can get an extra day off to maybe stop someplace on our way back to just unwind. uggghhhhh. I don't want to see him depressed either.

Nicole that would be great, seriously. Squares will not only cheer me up but her too. Im gonna have to lay them out and see how many I have, I think about 22.

I really kinda hoped to have this to give to her when this all happens, but I dunno.

Erin - 6" in blue, right?

Well, I know why I had the desire to make a pot of coffee so late. I just received a phone call that one of my best friend's mother passed away about a half an hour ago. I'm in shock. Her mom was only 53. She hadn't even been sick. Wednesday she went to the doctor. We found out that her gall bladder wasn't functioning. I hadn't talked to Nicole (we have the same name) until today because I was out of town. I'm not sure what happened, but she was admitted to the ICU on Thursday. Apparently all of her organs began systematically shutting down. Please send some good thoughts and prayers her way. She definitely could use them.

Erin - 6" in blue, right?

Well, I know why I had the desire to make a pot of coffee so late. I just received a phone call that one of my best friend's mother passed away about a half an hour ago. I'm in shock. Her mom was only 53. She hadn't even been sick. Wednesday she went to the doctor. We found out that her gall bladder wasn't functioning. I hadn't talked to Nicole (we have the same name) until today because I was out of town. I'm not sure what happened, but she was admitted to the ICU on Thursday. Apparently all of her organs began systematically shutting down. Please send some good thoughts and prayers her way. She definitely could use them.

yes mam

and

omg.... i really hate it when people are taken "suddenly", sorry dear :hug

Erin, I'll work on some more blues for you - after frogging 10 rows of my latest graph ghan a few days ago I've been in the mood for mindless projects;)

Archived