Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tam~I love the water bottle holder.....can you share where you located that pattern please?

Thanks hon .... the pattern came from here

:heart

:mug

Cheeria-

Love the colors in your ripple. It is going to be very pretty when done . Reminds me of summertime colors !

Hope you get some time this weekend for yourself !

Tab

Yea, being related to your spouse wouldnt exactly be a good thing, would it ?

LeAnna-

you have a pretty yard,and really neat that a deer would come up that close .

Your kitty is pretty .

Tam

-beautiful photos -- everything is really nice. Love the ripple pattern you are using -- it looks a little different --does it have bobbles or something else in the pattern ?

I couldnt tell ,but it looks different than a regular ripple .

Cindy

You sound like me with your reading . If I read one book in a series, then I have to find the rest and read them all,so I dont miss out on anything .

Good thing to do with your spare time if you aren't in the mood to crochet -- keeps your brain in gear .

Hiya Mary !

Good to see you. I miss your posts, but know you are busy now,so we'll wait til you have more time --we'll be here .

LeAnna-

now THAT is a cat . I LIKE him. He is BIG and POWERFUL . My kind of cat .

(If I had one )

Tab

Wow, the ripple is REALLY pretty !! Your other afghan will be pretty too when completed . Great work ,ole buddy .

My photos are yet to come. I am putting on my last row on my baby RR,so will get Sam to snap a photo as soon as it is complete ,and a couple others .

Good Evening all! :manyheart

Here is the most recent pic(and first)of my sweater! FINALLY! :lol

112_2306.jpg

112_2307.jpg

See you all later! :D

~CJ :crocheting

Wow............very pretty!!

Tam

-beautiful photos -- everything is really nice. Love the ripple pattern you are using -- it looks a little different --does it have bobbles or something else in the pattern ?

I couldnt tell ,but it looks different than a regular ripple .

Thanks sweetie!!!

I'm using a granny ripple pattern with a random stripe pattern.

kinda gives a different look huh?!

off to baseball games!

check in later!

Here are the beginnings of my LTK around the world.

Wow- that is amazing work!

Almost forgot! Here's a 36 inch baby ATW. Was going to make it a regular size but wasn't in love with the colors enough for that...and then learned about a neighbor who has been fostering a baby (4 mo old now) who will be released for adoption next month! So, the blanket will have a new home tomorrow.

That is beautiful and I'm sure your neighbor is going to love it!

Hi house mates today I thought I would be having some Me time but I was wrong. I got a call from my son-in-law early this morning saying that my daughter stayed up all night with the new born and only had one hour sleep and was I coming by his house today to help my daughter out which I had no plan at all to do so I decided in order to help my daughter out, to drive 25 minutes to her house and pick up my two year old grandson which I did. I have no time at the moment to read any posts but I wanted to post a picture of my ripple ghan for picture Friday, then later this evening I'll be back to read all the posts. So here it is:

downsize[1]

BBL and have a nice afternoon. :hug

Very nice Cheeria- I love the color combo. Sorry you didn't get to have a ME day today like you had planned! But I'm sure you enjoyed the time with your grandson!

:sun........... Good afternoon family......... :mug

Thank you all for your love and prayers for Michael!

His levels yesterday and today are holding good... we're waiting on a call from his nurse to let us know what the doc says about weaning off the meds! Thank you God!!!

Great news!!

Okay... Photo Friday.....................

batman signal dishcloth & couple fun dishcloths

[ATTACH]22363[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]22365[/ATTACH]

water bottle carrier

[ATTACH]22364[/ATTACH]

progress on my ripple

[ATTACH]22366[/ATTACH]

Beautiful Tammy- Love the ripple! And the Batman ring dishcloth is so cool! I also made a water bottle cover-can't remember if I used the same pattern you did- but my DD confiscated it! She uses it while riding her bicyle!

Here are my Friday photos.

The RR is moving along slowly and so is the medallion ghan. Sorry bout the purple toe nails. :blush

Love the bright colors in the ripple and I like the way Jayden thinks- no purple in a rainbow so who cares if the # of rows aren't the same!:lol The medallian ghan is going to be so nice when it's done

Bambi's mom in our yard, dealing with an itch...poor thing...

[ATTACH]22374[/ATTACH]

BB the King trying to blend in to the road...silly kitty...

[ATTACH]22375[/ATTACH]

BB in what I call the "Corner Pocket..." just chillin' amongest the ferns...love this pic.

Cute pics

[ATTACH]22376[/ATTACH]

Okay, here is the mock up of the shoe that I'm actually doing in purple for Relay 4 Life...still have mucho mucho to do before the event end of July...

What can I say- this is really neat!

[ATTACH]22377[/ATTACH]

Here is Katchkan's kitty bookmark in red. I did several and put one in my book calendar and 4 in my Bible in different colors and I just love them.

Very nice!

[ATTACH]22380[/ATTACH]

Below is the Tree of Life afghan in purple for the Relay 4 Life...about 5 more rows to do on the last Tree panel and then will work on the border, which will be different than the border in the original pattern and will be different than what I did for my own Tree of Life afghan.

I didn't share the pics, but did take several pics from different angles of our willow tree that will be the inspiration for the Tree of Hope afghan I'll be designing for next year's Relay 4 Life event...

Beautiful, gorgeous, amazing...not enough adjectives to describe how stunning this is!:manyheart

[ATTACH]22381[/ATTACH]

Very nice CJ!!!

Thanks for the compliments on the granny ghan.

I don't have a recipient in mind for it- I just like using the bright cheerful colors and you know me- the more mindless the project, the better I like it!!!:lol I'll just keep making squares and whipstitching them together- and Judy, I am finding that I really don't mind whipstitching them. I hide all the tails on the square as soon as I'm done so when I feel like stitching they are ready to go!

Julie- can't wait to see what you've been working on!

Linda- patiently (well maybe not so patiently) waiting for pics !

Marlene- hope you were able to figure out the flip flop keychain.

Well, laundry is ready to go in the dryer so I want to get that done and then get settled for the Yankees/Mets game tonight!

BBL

Oh, Marisa- I agree, sounds like you do need a vacation-:lol I know I do- I've been forgetting things too! Hence, the mindless crochet! :lol I'm a month away from mine- July 30- can't wait!!!

water bottle carrier

[ATTACH]22364[/ATTACH]

progress on my ripple

[ATTACH]22366[/ATTACH]

Nice work. I really like the color combination in the round ripple.

And its great to hear good news about Michael!

[ATTACH]22371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22373[/ATTACH]

There will some crochet pics too, but wanted to show you some other stuff first...

Serenghetti's close encounter with Bambi's mom, who spent an amazing amount of time in and around our yard yesterday...

neat pictures!

You must have an easygoing hubby to feed;)

Super picky is more like it. As long as we have diet coke and pretzels and cereal in the house, he's happy. He often eats leftovers for lunch since he is usually at home, but I think he went out for lunch a few times this week.

[ATTACH]22374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22375[/ATTACH]

BB in what I call the "Corner Pocket..." just chillin' amongest the ferns...love this pic.

[ATTACH]22376[/ATTACH]

Okay, here is the mock up of the shoe that I'm actually doing in purple for Relay 4 Life...still have mucho mucho to do before the event end of July...

[ATTACH]22377[/ATTACH]

Here is Katchkan's kitty bookmark in red. I did several and put one in my book calendar and 4 in my Bible in different colors and I just love them.

[ATTACH]22380[/ATTACH]

Below is the Tree of Life afghan in purple for the Relay 4 Life...about 5 more rows to do on the last Tree panel and then will work on the border, which will be different than the border in the original pattern and will be different than what I did for my own Tree of Life afghan.

I didn't share the pics, but did take several pics from different angles of our willow tree that will be the inspiration for the Tree of Hope afghan I'll be designing for next year's Relay 4 Life event...

[ATTACH]22381[/ATTACH]

So there you go for this week's pics...

And a shout out to those that posted pics...I'm sorry not to personalize my posts as much as I should, but I wanted to say that I'm loving the work you all are doing...keeps me going on this side of the country.

More cute kitty pictures!

Your tree of life afghan is just beautiful.

Well, now that I am all caught up...

I thought I was finished the body of the cardigan, and I had started doing the edging. About halfway down one side there was a strange bulge...I had somehow added an extra pattern repeat, and had continued it the rest of the way, so I had to frog it back about halfway. So all the crocheting I did for the past week was undone in a matter of 10 minutes! (of course I didn't do all that much this week!)

DD, DSil and the four grandsons are coming over tonight. Luckily I didn't have time to do much cleaning today. Those boys are not the neatest little guys!

Also DD #2 is coming home from vacation later on tonight. She will probably have to work tomorrow, which means that I will do her laundry for her in the morning.

112_2306.jpg

112_2307.jpg

See you all later! :D

Beautiful knitting! The yarn looks very soft, too...you're doing great!

Thanks for the compliments on the granny ghan.

I don't have a recipient in mind for it- I just like using the bright cheerful colors and you know me- the more mindless the project, the better I like it!!!:lol I'll just keep making squares and whipstitching them together- and Judy, I am finding that I really don't mind whipstitching them. I hide all the tails on the square as soon as I'm done so when I feel like stitching they are ready to go!

Yup...I do them as I go so it's not ovrwhelming - I do the graph gahns the same way, weaving in ends as I get a bunch.

Poor baby!

[ATTACH]22374[/ATTACH]

Our first pet was a tomcat...love those thick faces!

[ATTACH]22375[/ATTACH]

This is "frameable"!

[ATTACH]22376[/ATTACH]

That's so pretty!

[ATTACH]22377[/ATTACH]

I just found that pattern not a few minutes ago - I was looking for a particular baby ghan pattern and came across it. It's a keeper - looking ahead to Christmas;)

[ATTACH]22380[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22381[/ATTACH]

So there you go for this week's pics...

And a shout out to those that posted pics...I'm sorry not to personalize my posts as much as I should, but I wanted to say that I'm loving the work you all are doing...keeps me going on this side of the country.

The TOL ghan is so beautiful!!! It must eat up yarn like crazy.

Here are my Friday photos.

The RR is moving along slowly and so is the medallion ghan. Sorry bout the purple toe nails. :blush

LOVE, LOVE the bright RR!!!:cheer:clap The medallion ghan is going great, too!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. :blush I've cooked it all day before...starting on high for a while and then turning temp. down. (I usually use bone-in, though.)

Thanks sweetie - don't worry about the delay: you have tons on your plate now!:D

Cindy - yup, when little boys are over, don't worry about cleaning - you'll have to do it after they leave!

Well, off I go for the night - baseball in a few minutes!!

Have a great night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Hi house mates today I thought I would be having some Me time but I was wrong. I got a call from my son-in-law early this morning saying that my daughter stayed up all night with the new born and only had one hour sleep and was I coming by his house today to help my daughter out which I had no plan at all to do so I decided in order to help my daughter out, to drive 25 minutes to her house and pick up my two year old grandson which I did. I have no time at the moment to read any posts but I wanted to post a picture of my ripple ghan for picture Friday, then later this evening I'll be back to read all the posts. So here it is:

downsize[1]

BBL and have a nice afternoon. :hug

Nice start on the ripple and great colors for summer.

:sun........... Good afternoon family......... :mug

Thank you all for your love and prayers for Michael!

His levels yesterday and today are holding good... we're waiting on a call from his nurse to let us know what the doc says about weaning off the meds! Thank you God!!!!!

OMGoodness..........how precious........ baby and cap!!!!

Oh... how NEAT!!!

WOW!!!!! very cool!

Whoa............. that is so neat!!!

VERY NICE! love the colors you're using!!!

water bottle carrier

[ATTACH]22364[/ATTACH]

progress on my ripple

[ATTACH]22366[/ATTACH]

Thanks, Tam. You've got some really neat projects there. Love the flower dishcloth. :)

[ATTACH]22371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22373[/ATTACH]

There will some crochet pics too, but wanted to show you some other stuff first...

Serenghetti's close encounter with Bambi's mom, who spent an amazing amount of time in and around our yard yesterday...

Love those shots!

Archived