Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good morning Housemates and TGIF!!!!

Hope that today is all you want it to be!! I made another 12 inch square and stitched 3 of them together- and i guess I was a little tired because when I looked this morning, stitched one of them on the wrong side. And I thought I was being so careful to match right side to right side when I was stitching. That's what I get for flipping between Yankees and basketball finals!!

Oh, well, hope you all have a wonderful day! Cya on the flip side!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joanne- out there today ? Or having trouble signing in again ?

I always miss your posts first thing in the morning if I don't see them .

I was posting at the same time as you!:lol

I am so tempted to be part of the "Ripple Gang"! I just may have start one of these!!! Maybe make squares at lunchtime for the granny ghan and then work on the ripple in the evenings:hook

There you are Joanne !

Just ready to check out for now, and I see your post,so all is right with the world. You and me are usually first ones in here in the morning and I miss you if you aren't .

Have a good Friday--hope your work day goes fast .

We posted AGAIN at the same time !

It's up to you with the ripple -- I do understand trying to work on 2 things at a time. I would love to include you in the Ripple Gang, but if you want to wait and finish your other big project first, that's fine too. Any way you want to do it is fine by me !

We posted AGAIN at the same time !

It's up to you with the ripple -- I do understand trying to work on 2 things at a time. I would love to include you in the Ripple Gang, but if you want to wait and finish your other big project first, that's fine too. Any way you want to do it is fine by me !

One of those mornings!!! I'll let you know what I decide to do! Have a great day too and I'll "see you" this evening!:hug

Ok guys,here's what I have for my photos this week :

One is the baby rr I am making with my cousin's yarn .

One is the tub of RH colors I got while at reunion.

One is a stamped cross stitch kit I got at reunion.

And one is my dishcloth cotton I got there .

Hey all

Just a quick reminder in case anyone may have missed the category for next week . It is anything that reminds you of SUMMER .

Marisa- mailed your summer card yesterday --I always like to get on the stick and mail stuff quickly,since I'm such a scatterbrain anymore. If I don't mail it when I think of it, I wont remember if I did it or not . :)

Gotta run -- be back soon -

Quite the haul there, Julie. Nice cheerful rr. :)

Morning All. :)

My life this week has consisted of treadmill, knitting, eating and sleeping. Yesterday I threw in some grass mowing in the afternoon. For those of you just starting out and are slow knitters, keep at it. You will get faster. This is what I've been doing since my last photo of knitted squares. Can't remember if that was last week or the week before. Two and a half more to go, and look! There's a ripple right on top. :lol And to give my hands a break I normally make some quilt blocks, but this week I've been resting my feet so I'm crocheting some strawberry coasters.

post-13672-135897539311_thumb.jpg

Morning House Mates, today I'm up bright and early and I'm sitting here drinking coffee and reading the posts. WOW it has been a crazy past 2 weeks I feel it will all calm down now. I"m excited about making a ripple blanket and I will make a small one. I get distracted and have moveitist (drop the project I'm working on and move on to another project.) :D I've been trying very hard to stick to the items I'm working on and so far being with this group have motivate me to do that so I thank you for that. Last night I did knit for an hour of so on the baby's blanket but it didn't make a dent in the stitches that are left on the needle. :think This morning I did spend a couple of moments crocheting my market bag so that is coming along nicely. I'm up early for I have to clean and dust up my home than in the afternoon I have to make a short run on an errand. Sometimes I feel I spend more time doing for everyone except myself and if I don't take a ME day then there is no time for myself. Before I run out today on my errand I will start my ripple. One thing about working on a ripple you have to love the colors your working with and I happen to love the colors I'm using, I should love it I spent more than 15 minutes holding and staring at the same ball of yarns. :lol

Shaylen - hi, I'm real glad to hear that your feeling much better. Yes walking is good for all of us. I use to walk 1 mile 3 to 4 times a week last year and after I became so ill and then got better I never resume my walking schedule. I need to jump on the walking band wagon too. I will put that on my to do list of ME items to do.

Julie - It does pay to have a handsome doctor to look at especially one that know what he's doing. :lol:lol I'm glad you like him and that he can help you. I'm praying that everything will work out for you. WOW Julie that's a lot of yarn. Have you decided what colors you will be using for your ripple along.

Joanne - have a nice day, I will talk to you soon when things settle down here. Maybe we can meet at AC Moore. Do you know of other Lys that we can visit???????

Judy - Thank you so much for the red, white and blue card with the hug in it, it made me laugh. Yours is in the mail and I hope you will receive it before the week is out. I did buy your next card, really three of them for I couldn't decide which one I liked better. My son told me there's a AC Moore in Homdel have you been to it I wonder if they have a large yarn section????? Have a great day Judy. :hug

Sherri - I love your knitted squares. Nice knitted techniques. Are you working from a book??????? I also love your strawberry coasters, you do very neat work. Did you make the coasters with thread????? They are nice and red like strawberries. Very Nice.

Tomorrow I have to check on my daughter and the babies. She call me several times a day but she sounds okay. I'm just letting her get a schedule with the babies, she'll work it out we all did. I know she want me there with her but she have to learn to deal with two babies. I will come running if she really need me. Until that time I'm having ME time. Yipeeee. Now to clean the house so I can start my ripple and work on all my projects. BBL :hug:hug

Evening Ladies!!!

Feeling much netter now with the new meds...

Julie...my Doc has me doing about the same thing...in the sun for at least 15 min,,,then a walk around the block in the afternoon plus 1 vitamin D3 a day at dinner...he says that most of my problems are stress to and that i need to do more then sit on my rear dwelling on it.He also put me on Ativin 3 times a day...it been 5 days now and i feel so much better then i did a week ago...hope it works for you too.Its so scary being sick all the time and never sure what is wrong :hug

Sign me up for the ripple gang to....i need to restart my red,cream and pinks one...when i was on the other meds i messed it up big time,looks like i was making a teepee :lol...will start on it tomorrow while i sit outside.

Tammy...im so sorry i haven't checked in with you...i hope you are ok and that your neck feels better...i will try to do better :hug

Hope everyone else is doing ok!!

SHAYYYYYYYYYYYYY............... hey sweetie!!!!! MISSED YOU!!!:hug

:yay... I joined the ripple gang too. Are you knitting or crocheting a ripple?

:heart

:mug

Whoa................... COOL STASH!!!!!

My life this week has consisted of treadmill, knitting, eating and sleeping. Yesterday I threw in some grass mowing in the afternoon. For those of you just starting out and are slow knitters, keep at it. You will get faster. This is what I've been doing since my last photo of knitted squares. Can't remember if that was last week or the week before. Two and a half more to go, and look! There's a ripple right on top. :lol And to give my hands a break I normally make some quilt blocks, but this week I've been resting my feet so I'm crocheting some strawberry coasters.

Oops, I hit enter too soon. Here are the strawberries. I'll take a photo of the ripple later. Right now it is covered with other projects.

Omgosh... how cool are you knitting projects!!!!

those strawberries are really cute!

Linda~Your shawl is gorgeous. You always make such lovely things.:yes

How long has your mom been visiting? How far away does she live from you. I loved it when my mom could come and visit. She's unable to make the trips anymore so we go to visit her.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Hope we all have a good, healthy productive day. :manyheart

Hi, Diane. Thanks for the complement on my work. Like Joy said, it's over a thousand miles that separate us. I'd much rather fly to and from than drive. It gives me at least three more days with her and it would have cost more to drive than it did to fly, because I got my tickets at a great price. I wish we lived closer, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards any time soon.

Hii gang

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The Dr appt ran long, then he sent me for bloodwork,so had to wait to get that done ,then go grab something for lunch,then I got company,then sam got home,then I made supper,so it's been a nonstop day .

As for the new Dr- I like him a lot. He knocked on my door,then peeked around the corner . As soon as I saw him, I said :

OH MY GOSH !!!! LOOK HOW CUTE YOU ARE !!!!

After he got over the deer-in-the-headlight expression, he was very funny and kind. I like him a lot .

He ran 78 skin-allergy tests and then bloodwork. He also did 3 breathing tests on me , they let me watch a video about people with allergies or immune disorders,which was kinda boring, but it's not exactly a thrilling topic,so they couldnt jazz it up too much .

He also found that I have a spine condition,that he says makes my back actually lean forwards onto my lungs, which is compressing them and making breathing difficult. He also said the other Dr had me on too much medicine, so he dropped a couple of them .

He said my vitamin D is non-existant. I have none, which leads to the spine problem,and also effects my breathing quality .

I am to sit out for at least 10 minutes a day to get sunlight, then take a short walk. He also said to do 2 different breathing exercises to make my lungs more healthy and workable.

And he says my asthma is mainly anxiety related .

SO .. he is sure taking a different pathway than the other dude did. I am frankly kinda mixed up.They are both going in such opposite directions .

Sam said to do exactly as this guy says to see if it helps,so I guess I'll give it a shot .

Julie - I love it! Deer in the headlights indeed! I'm with the rest of the gang in saying to give this guy's advise a shot. I've had a couple of times when I was overmedicated to the point that the meds were causing more problems than they were helping. Getting back to square one was the solution both times. And Kim has to take vitamin D supplements because her levels are too low.

Evening Ladies!!!

Feeling much netter now with the new meds...

Julie...my Doc has me doing about the same thing...in the sun for at least 15 min,,,then a walk around the block in the afternoon plus 1 vitamin D3 a day at dinner...he says that most of my problems are stress to and that i need to do more then sit on my rear dwelling on it.He also put me on Ativin 3 times a day...it been 5 days now and i feel so much better then i did a week ago...hope it works for you too.Its so scary being sick all the time and never sure what is wrong :hug

Hi, there, Shaylen. I've been wondering where you were. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Great haul, Julie! What pretty colors!

Beautiful work on your squares, Sherri!

Oops, I hit enter too soon. Here are the strawberries. I'll take a photo of the ripple later. Right now it is covered with other projects.

Those are adorable! Where did you find the pattern for them?

Morning House Mates, today I'm up bright and early and I'm sitting here drinking coffee and reading the posts. WOW it has been a crazy past 2 weeks I feel it will all calm down now. I"m excited about making a ripple blanket and I will make a small one. I get distracted and have moveitist (drop the project I'm working on and move on to another project.) :D I've been trying very hard to stick to the items I'm working on and so far being with this group have motivate me to do that so I thank you for that. Last night I did knit for an hour of so on the baby's blanket but it didn't make a dent in the stitches that are left on the needle. :think This morning I did spend a couple of moments crocheting my market bag so that is coming along nicely. I'm up early for I have to clean and dust up my home than in the afternoon I have to make a short run on an errand. Sometimes I feel I spend more time doing for everyone except myself and if I don't take a ME day then there is no time for myself. Before I run out today on my errand I will start my ripple. One thing about working on a ripple you have to love the colors your working with and I happen to love the colors I'm using, I should love it I spent more than 15 minutes holding and staring at the same ball of yarns. :lol

A moveitist? Love it!

Didn't get to play on the long arm after all. Joy had her brakes go out while we were on the way there so we made a stop to drop the car off at the shop. Then had to rent a car. We did stop at the lady's house and I got to see some of her gorgeous quilts. WOW! She is GOOD! I'll get to do it some day, one way or another. There are to shops near home where you can take a lesson on how to work one and then rent time on them to do the quilting. I may try that out on the big oriental quilt I'm making. I've got some specific types of quilting that I want to try on it and I don't think I can do it on my Brother sewing machine. Plus, it's going to be BIG! To big to fit in the machine unless I do a quilt as you go method of putting it together, which is a possibility.

We'll be going to my mom's today around 1:00 and then back here tomorrow after lunch. My time is almost up. It's gone by way, way too fast. I talked to John and Kim yesterday and they are having a great time, too. They've had lots of family visiting them there. They'll be getting home a day before I do. And John is taking Monday off. He has to study for a big test he has take on Tuesday. :lol :lol :lol

Hope you all have a good day.

Sherri - I love your knitted squares. Nice knitted techniques. Are you working from a book??????? I also love your strawberry coasters, you do very neat work. Did you make the coasters with thread????? They are nice and red like strawberries. Very Nice.

Thanks. Yes, the coasters are in size 10 thread. After many attempts at learning to crochet and failing in my youth, I finally got the hang of it when I was 30 by learning with thread. Crazy, huh?

Forgot to say, the book I'm working from is Learn to Knit Afghan by Barbara Walker.

Sherri -

Wonderful photos, and beautiful work on the knitting !

Cheeria- as for my ripple colors, I am going to have to stick with the browns (for my Ex-DIL's friend ) .. That could be part of the reason I'm having a hard time sticking with this or wanting to do it .. the colors are so blah....boring .

Your colors sound pretty though !

Hidey Ho Tam, my old friend ....

Linda- don't you just hate it when vacation is winding down ? Sam has been likee that all week, he took off a long weekend last week, so this week he has really had a difficult time adjusting to going back to work. He has worked for the same company for 34 years and he is REALLY starting to get burnt out on it . He can actually retire from there now, but we'd have no insurance so he can't do that ,plus we arent yet old enough to get SS,so we'd have to sell the house and find a lower cost place to move .

We'll see what happens I guess . Anyhow, squeeze out those last few days of time with your family .

It sounds like you are itching to get home and make you a new quilt,so it'll be something to look forward to . I know it'll be beautiful .

Goodmorning all!

Love seeing everyones photos so far of what they are working on or have done. still without a cord but one day:lol

not that I have anything share except half done squares then working on square last night and ran out of yarn with only 10 dc to go.hope I have little bit of the same color in a stash.

spent 3or more hours sawing branches off one of my mothers friend tree so the city would get off of her. some kind of mexican willow looking tree with pea pods thingys.So we all got a little sunburned but the kids had fun dragging the branches around the house to the back.

She is going through rough confused time right now her DH in nursing home they are trying to take her house and she is 84 and trying to take it all in and so forth.So suffering in the heat to help her out wasnt that bad.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Good Afternoon, House mates!

Fisnishe with squish appointment, we went to the food store and I took Sparkie for a walk...now it's ME time (Cheeria, we all need that ME time...makes us happier (i.e.Nicer) wives, mothers and friends:D)

Wonderful colors of yarn! And I adore the bright baby ghan:c9 The stitching kit will be a great change of pace for you, too.

And I see all of us are of the same opinion, to try what the new doctor suggests...the other stuff hasn't seemed to help too much. You'll get there, Jules.:hug

For those of you just starting out and are slow knitters, keep at it. You will get faster. This is what I've been doing since my last photo of knitted squares. Can't remember if that was last week or the week before. Two and a half more to go, and look! There's a ripple right on top. :lol And to give my hands a break I normally make some quilt blocks, but this week I've been resting my feet so I'm crocheting some strawberry coasters.

Beautiful knitting, Sherri!! And the coasters are gorgeous! My first big piece of crocheting was a pineapple doily that turned out about 16 inches across or so....like you, thread?? what was I thinking?:lol

Judy - Thank you so much for the red, white and blue card with the hug in it, it made me laugh. Yours is in the mail and I hope you will receive it before the week is out. I did buy your next card, really three of them for I couldn't decide which one I liked better. My son told me there's a AC Moore in Homdel have you been to it I wonder if they have a large yarn section????? Have a great day Judy. :hug

You're welcome! I got your card yesterday (not sure if I told you yet). It's sso cute...and I love the "bumper sticker" message! It reminds me of the jokes I was making with the mammogram tech as we positioned my parts this morning:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

AC Moore is Holmdel has a very nice yarn section and is my usual place to start when looking for a particular color, etc...it's almost as good as the one in Manalapan on route 9.:devil

I also have that ripple pattern...somewhere:think I'll probably pull out random brights from stash and use them for a ripple, since those colors make me the happiest to work on:D

And I have your V squares almost ready to mail!

Leanna, I'm so sorry for what your neighbor is going through - they'll be in my thoughts and prayers:hug

Lissa, good luck with the job interview on Monday - and congrats to R - she obvioulsy loves karate.:)

Diane, so many doctors take the easy way out and overmedicate! So glad you got weaned off all that stuff:hug:manyheart

SHAY! It's so good to see you back here! And I hope you continue to feel better:hug:manyheart

Linda, it has to be hard as your time with Joy and Ayden starts to wind down...but it sounds like you've had an unbelievably wonderful time, which will give you wonderful memories and many things to talk about till next time.:hug:hug

Sheila, Hi!

I have a sizeable stash...if you can't find what you're looking for in your pile, give me the color and dye lot and maybe I can help you out....

Archived