My First Scarves

rbmbcrochet

I've been crocheting like crazy lately after just learning how a few months ago. I have just finished my first scarves and would love some feedback.

IMG_3162.jpg

This is the first one I finished using the Shelly design I found on Crochetme. I wasn't really happy with it because I used a very heavy, varigated yarn that just didn't seem to do well with the pattern. But it is very warm and I have enjoyed wearing it for a few weeks now.

IMG_3159.jpg

These are my next two finished projects and I'm happy with the way they turned out. I used a Caron simply soft yarn and a Boucle yarn. This is a ripple scarf/hat pattern I found on CrochetPatternCentral.

IMG_3161.jpg

The scarf looks nothing like the picture that came with the pattern, but yarn choice I'm sure has a lot to do with that. The Boucle' yarn was not as hard to work with as I had imagined that it would be. The scarf probably needs a good pressing as it tended to curl up a bit.

IMG_3160.jpg

This is my very first hat. The pattern called for a brim, but I chose to leave that out as I was using the Boucle yarn and thought that would be a bit too much. The open pattern I think is very pretty, but the bulky yarn lends a warmth. Although since I live in Arizona, warmth is not really an issue. :)

I'm open to any and all feedback. Please let me know what you think about my latest projects. I'm so new to crochet that any suggestions I'm sure would be invaluable. :hug Thanks!

Archived