Bits of Bobbles and Cables Tote

Lavelle26

Here is a tote bag I designed for my secret pal in the Autumn Round of SP's. I was in a cabley mood that month so alot of what I designed had cables. This was a fun pattern to design and I am pretty sure my partner liked it. (at least she said she did. ;) )

I used Simply Soft worsted weight yarn for this and I even crocheted the lining. (which is something I always do in my purse designs since I am intimidated by sewing one in.)

BitsofBobblesandCablesTote302.jpg

And here is a picture of the crocheted lining.

BitsofBobblesandCablesToteLining302.jpg

I enjoyed this pattern so much that I made one for my mother for her birthday last October. I made hers in Simply Soft as well with different handles. If I could do it over again, I would use the handles from the first tote...not the second one. In the pattern I have instructions for 3 different kind of handles to make this pattern more versatile.

3475resized.jpg

You can see the stitching better in the second tote since it was a lighter color. I am selling this pattern on my site if anyone is interested in it.

Great bag:tup! And I really like that lining idea:idea, because, like you, I HATE:thair sewing them in! I will try this on my next project:hook ....thanks:hug for the inspiration!

Archived