STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I was just starting to be ok with my score for the week. Then hubby went to get the mail. I had a box from Kwools for the scrap swap

She gifted me:

2 full skeins of Caron Wintuk -4

2 full skeins of Caron Sayelle -4

1 full skein of what seems to be Simply Soft -2

A full skein of Caron Perfect Match -2

And then 3 partial skeins of yarn -3

For a total of -15

So right now I have a weekly total of -38 Hopefully I can use up a few points by the end of the evening.

Plus some wonderful "extras" that will get put to good use right away!

:kettle is done! :tea time! :cheer

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't posted in a few days, but I have used up a good amount of yarn.....I used up one skein of white yarn and turned a skein of orange into a ball so +3 there, and I used up a ball of green making squares for the football challenge so +1 there, and the I used up a skein of light blue on my scrapghan and 2 skeins of Bernat Galaxy yarn making a scarf so +6......adds up to +10 plus my 2 I had already.....so +12 for the week!! :cheer

Well I bought 7 more skeins at wal-mart last night so that puts me at

-56 total.

That will probably be my score for the week. I don't think I have anything going that will use up any for points before the deadline tonight.

I used up one of the partial skeins that I got from my swap today. So +1

From looking at the posts for the week, I think we have more negatives than positives. But thankfully it looks like hseger will save me from the shoot the moon award! :cheer

I can't remember if I reset my score last week... I don't think I did. I know I definitely didn't BUY any yarn this week, nor did I receive any another way... so I should have +4 for the four balls I ... hmmmm... I was gonna use "busted" but realized that might not bet taken the right way... so let's say "USED"...

WTD: +4

for the week ending 10/6,

here are the winners;

Gold Award...............................Nght 16

Silver Award...................... Lavelle26 12

.........................................tamugrad 12

Bronze Award..................... crochetsal 8

congrats to all the winners

DesertCrocheter.............. 4

Krystal 16.......................4

Elle_13...........................4

Kelly A...........................2

econ-nerd......................2

coolhockeymom...............2

craftytoo...........-2

angelfire...........-25

krazy-kitty........-28

laughlovehook....-38

rlanto...............-42

and

SHOOT THE MOON- hseger -56

:woo Looks like I did save you Megan!! :lol You and Renee :)

Now I should get a decent positive score this week since I bought enough last week to make a lot of stuff.

WOW! Gold with 16 points?? Who knew?! :devil

I've been crankin' away on my dishcloths/washcloths this evening, will add up my points tomorrow in between cleaning, cooking & DD's 16th BDay party :party

First time I've won anything more than a bronze:cheer......And I would like to thank everyone for buying yarn and having lives outside of crochet this week, without you I couldn't have made this happen!! LOL

I'm stunned! I was glad that I had used up some yarn this week, it's making my bins downstairs a little emptier...but figured there'd be a lot more people who'd used up more. Now to see if I can use up even more this week...

Thanks Angelfire for finding my score, with the company we had last night, I completely forgot to slip in here.

Sally

Well, I HAD to buy yarn for a project today :lol....I'm making something longhorn-ish for my brother for Christmas....so I bought 4 skeins of yarn (-8)...but I have used up 2 skeins of "fun" yarn since yesterday, so +4 there.....off to change my siggy......

Thank you, Krystal, for saving me. If I hadn't packed away a bunch of yarn for my Secret Pal, I would've been very negative with the yarn shipment this week.

Well, I've started out good, +2 for finishing a skein this morning during an online meeting. Hopefully, I'll knock out another tonight!!!

Just finished off a skein on my nephew's afghan. Crocheting going a bit slow again so it's taking a while to get through skeins.

Archived