STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I, for one, don't wish I had Nght's stash. Then I'd have even MORE guilt than I currently do...

I think I'm slowly chipping away at my stash and hope to see it disappear to manageable size over the next few months. (Thank goodness the clearance sales are ALL OVER!!!)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up another skein last night, so I'm currently at +82 for the week. :cheer

I'm motivated because football season has started (I crochet a lot when watching football) and because the PL chapter I donate to has made a specific request for toddler (kiddle) sized blankets. I see some good busting of stash in my future for the next several months.

Used up 2 skeins on my 8 pocket tote so +4 today. I'm going to try to do some more crochet while I sit here and veg, so I may actually dig myself out of the neg.s this week.... yay! And I resisted that sale I mentioned yesterday although I found a really pretty throw made from Lion Jiffy that I am DYING to make... and it is on sale after all!! (Oh yeah, the only thing I need less that more yarn is another WIP!!!)

Well, I got shipments today. Oy! Okay, so 13 skeins from Elann and two other boxes. One, I'm not going to count because it's going right back out to my SP, the other has 14 balls of yarn. So, that looks like -40.

I used 1 skein earlier. So, that's +2 for a total of -38 today!!

Not only did I cruise, I bought!!! (Don't know if I won or not)

There's something about big LOTS of yarn that are just so much more fun. I like to get them and see if they're "just right" to add to a certain WIMs yarn....

But, I DID use up one ball and turned 2 other skeins INTO balls... :D yippee! +3 for me...

My weekly total is going to remain the same as it currently stands: +82! Of course I ordered 12 pounds of grab bags from Elmore-Pisgah, so that will change next week. But I'm happy with having made progress this week.

My week in review:

I used 2 full skeins and made one into a ball making a bag for myself +5

Used 1/2 each of 2 skeins working on some doll clothes +2

Used a skein teaching a crochet class +2

One ball of bernat cotton making a soap saver +1

Used 1/2 each of 2 skeins making a coffee cup warmer +2

Mailed out 9 skeins to tlisley for a yarn trade. +18

Mailed out 7 skeins to a friend +14

So a total of + 44 so far. I hope to mail out 3 full skeins and a ball of jiffy for another yarn trade soon. But will be getting 8 skeins next week back in a yarn trade from tlisley. So I better be doing some positives while I can!

Archived