STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whee! gold medal. This week is going to be a lot less stashbusting. I don't have a lot of time with a major paper due on Thursday and then I'm going away on a minivacation on Friday morning. So, next week shouldn't be too bad with the yarn, but not this week.

I meant to be good, I really did. But I got paid Saturday, and since I get paid once a month, I buy all the kitty stuff on payday. So, I went out to buy the kitty kibble on Saturday. Only, my regular Petsmart didn't have any of the dry in their store, so I decided to head up the highway to another Petsmart. The only thing is, Hobby Lobby is right off that exit.

I was weak: it was hot, and I thought it couldn't hurt to just go in and look, right? So I did. And I found 6 skeins of Sinfonia randomly marked down on clearance for almost half off. In nice colors, too (3 in lime green, 3 in a bright orange).

Well, come on, it would have been wrong of me not to purchase them! So I did.

But then I started on a toddler blanket with them last night. Not enough to have points yet, so I'm starting this week at -12.

I gifted 3 spools of thread and 6 skeins of yarn yesterday so that is a +18 so far for the week for me.....i wont have to work for 5 days so hopefully i will get my fingers moving....but....i got a whole lot of books from the library to get thru! it is going to be a hard decision which to choose!

I bought 1 skein of yarn today so -2 which puts me back to 0. :( but I'm close to finishing another ball so I'll be back up in the +'s soon. :)

Nght -32 <-- SHOOT THE MOON AWARD (tho not as amazing as usual!)

Now wait.... oh, that'd be a compliment :lol

I sent out 20 skeins of yarn yesterday for an eBay auction & another 12 today will go, 32 skeins = +64

Last night I finished the baby blankie I was working on AND the ends are tucked! It's in the hamper waiting for a washin', then I can snag a pic. Still didn't finish another skein on it tho :think

Off to work......... :mailbox

So far, I know I've done more, but all I can remember is 2 skeins of fun fir and a skein of regular doing a scarf. There are more things in my completed pile, but I don't remember where the yarn came from!! How sad is that?! So, +6 for me!

I just packed up 35 skeins for the 'Ville auction, hopefully someone will want them! +70 :hook

Off to see if I can finish those baby skeins on something for a few more points. Blankie is in the washer now, will try & remember to take a pic after it's done drying :)

Finally finished another skein on my grandpa's Xmas blanket....almost done now, just have to put the big squares (made up of little squares) together and then put a border on it.......right now I'm tucking in ends.....:(...+2 for me:clap

Happy 4th of July!!

I made 2 more 7 X 9's, finished a ball +1. I might finish a skein soon. I'm using Sh. Dusk, a blue multi-shaded yarn and a light blue. I need more Sh. Dusk, I have 4 skeins of light blue. I might have to buy some or a dark blue. I can't find anything in my stash that'll work.

Ellie 13

I made a ball out of a skein so +1 today. I might have some other skeins ready to make balls from but haven't really looked at them yet may get to add those points this week yet.

Archived