STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Finished the body of my Harry Potter doll, used 1 full ball and 1 partial ball of skin colour, 1 partial ball of white, so thats 4 points.

In the UK most of our yarn/wool is sold in balls, usually only get skeins when its hand spun, so when I say 1 ball its like your 1 skein.

Rox

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working a pattern up for a laptop sleeve, because I love my technology and want all my technology to have crochet stuff with it!! Anyways, I keep thinking to myself that I want a thicker sleeve and I should go out and buy some bulky weight yarn, but I didn't! I'm using double strand of some worsted weight to see if it'll work before I try the pattern in good yarn!!

So, despite the overwhelming desire to buy yarn, I did not. I might actually get this addiction under control!!

160 skeins arrived from Herrschners today, so minus -320 for me.

But at the same time, I was feeling a bit... ummm... well wanting to be left alone the last few days, so Sun. night I started a 2 strand rainbow-ghan & finished it last night. Using ½lb red, full orange, ½lb yellow, ½lb green, ½lb blue, full purple & 2½lb's black. That's what... +13 SO, a total of -307 :lol

Will take pix when I find some batteries for the cam, darn kids keep taking them! :oops

me either........i guess you want to get an award this week?

Nah, y'all can keep the awards, I've got my yarn :woo

It really is a sickness isn't it?

Thank goodness they haven't found a cure! :devil

Well, I finished 2 spools of thread on my stole, so that is +4. I'm not getting excited about it, though - because tomorrow I'll be buying 2 more spools so I can keep on going!

At least you still understand the meaning of this CAL & yours will balance out! That's always a plus :yes

It's when you finish 3 skeins & some partials but buy 160 skeins that really messes things up :blush:D

I finished 6 balls on smilie squares and 1/2 a skein making flowers. I went to Micheals and only bought pipe cleaners (stems) and lady bug buttons for the flowers. I was soooo tempted to get yarn too. As soon as I finish my afghan I'm going to work on a 2 (or 3?) strand scrap-ghan for my brother.

Ellie 13

All of you inspire me sooo much, too bad end of the quarter has taken over my brain. Although, I guess we can thank my cats for ruining two balls for me, so I at least get something this week!! :)

I have 6 weeks of classes left before summer break. I'll be doing a bit of traveling during my break, so hopefully I'll get some crocheting done!! I have a lot of Christmas presents to start on!

Archived