Valentine Mystery CAL ..Day #6 Post 354, 329, 308, 284, 124,202

minwifeof4boys

Very nice Suzy! You should be able to do the same thing on the other side as well. It still doesn't make it perfect but it makes it better.

And the genius thing could you tell that to my DW! :lol Just kidding. Glad to see that my tip helped someone and that you could understand what I was trying to say.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:think I never thought this would be so hard. I can't count how many times I've frogged. (Don't have that many fingers and toes.) But I looked at the link about how to change colors and read what to do on the wrong side, so I will try once again.:yes

Rita K.

Ok here is a tip that might help some of you. The problem on the wrong side seems to only be an issue on the last stitch of the contrasting color. What I have done to make it look a little better is this. Only use this technique on the wrong side.

For this example I will use white for the main color and red for the contrasting color.

On your last stitch of red with two loops on the hook drop the loop closest to the hook and then take the red in your hand and place it under your hook and then pick the loop that you dropped back up. The red end should be on the wrong side of your work between your two loops and underneath the hook. Now pull up your white loop and continue on as normal. This puts your end on the wrong side of your work and keeps it close to the red instead of it having a strand of white between it, which is what is happening to most of us.

:ty:day

Okey Dokey.....Day 5... Everyone seems to be doing great... keep on trying folks...

Greg, my hubby said OF COURSE it took a man to logically look at the problem and solve it~ sheesh~

Today is probably the toughest day of the whole thing so take your time and be patient..

Row 18 & 19:

with white sc 5

contrast sc 8

white sc 1

contrast sc 8

white sc 5

chain one and turn after each row

Row 20:

white sc 6

contrast sc 6

white sc 3

contrast sc 6

white sc 6

Row 21:

white sc 7

contrast sc 4

white sc 5

contrast sc 4

white sc 7

That's it... That's it for right now... have a fine day... all day long!

I see a heart!LOL This is fun. I am glad I joined this cal.

Except for my point on the bottom being off center!! (I am leaving it that way) this has been going very smoothly . I have only had to frogg a time or two!!LOL

I figured out why my stitching has been looking wonky. I've only ever done one other tapestry type project, and it was done on the round, so all the stitching was always on the same side. There was no turning - the fragmented stitches are due to turning it after each row. The back of the stitch looks different from the front. If you want to see a project done on the round so that the front of each stitch is always facing forward, you can click on my picturetrail link below and see the little cat bag I made (you'll have to select the crafts album). The stitching looks much smoother because the stitches all face one direction.

I'm still not happy with mine, so I'm probably going to frog it all (again) before we get too far and try Greg's method. ;)

Thanks for sharing your method, Greg! :hug

I am finally getting this I think. It took several frogs lol but I like learning this new way of crocheting. Thanks again for the Valentine Mystery CAL idea.

And thanks to the poster for the tip on how to make the reverse side look nicer.

Archived