Steel Hooks / handle??

I just started a project with #10 cotton using a #8 hook. I don't like the way that hook feels in my hand...asked DH for a suggestion. He got me some electric tape (red, green, white, - have to be stylish you know) and I wrapped and wrapped it round and round til it felt good. Then another hook I wrapped some yarn up and down round and round, THEN put some tape around that. They both feel pretty good :)

You can find hand turned thread hooks. Hubby made me some and I love them. He makes the handle for me and puts in the hook size I want. Also I have seen where you can wrap some leftover wool and wet and dry and add more and wet and dry more to make you a handle to hold. And there are also the spongy things like ones that go on a pencil that work well too. They are usually found with the notions at a hobby store.

This is the link for the felted hook handle. I really would love to give this a try.:yes

P.S. they now sell bags of wool roving in lots of different colors at hobby lobby!

Sally Bates has the foam handle covers in two size openings. One for small steel hooks, and one for larger sizes. They sell here for 1.99 each, but to me well worth the money for the grip and control when crocheting a bedspread in string as I am doing with the Bedspread CAL

I was lucky enough to reieve an RAOK of a wood turned hook handle with a steel hook in it and I must say it is the most GLORIOUS thing I have ever had my hands on doing thread work :manyheart What an angel for sending me that!!

Archived