Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

Thanks Krystal! :h5

Yea, the joining wedges to the star round was totally off in the book, but I like how my fudged row turned out at least. Just took more time having to figure it out myself. I did what you suggested for figuring out the number of edging scs. I made a half granny, and then attempted a "join" round of half-granny to star to determine how many scs I was to have. I think the book wrote it right (or very close if it wasn't), but it was a bit unclear and easy to misinterpret. Thank you!! :clap

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning everyone,

Tracey thanks for the pattern info.

I have 5 blocks done of number 1 and have edged 4 of them. Just have to do the remaining 3 then onto granny block 2. Im doing all the blocks first this time.

Will anyone have any photos for photo friday.

I should be able to do photos this friday. :)

All I have left to do is 3 half-blocks, 4 Granny 1 Blocks, the 4 corner borders, and the edging that goes around the entire blanket. I think I'll be done within a couple of weeks!! :yay

OH.. I now have 2 corner squares done and have started the 3rd!!! I think that I am going to edge it different then the pattern says. We shall see. Need to take a pic so that I can post it though.

Lady, you are a fast worker!! Or maybe you're only working on one project at a time?

I wonder what that feels like:P :think ??

We're all looking forward to seeing pictures!!:cheer

Judi,

Not sure if you mean me (heehee!) I'm not fast, I just haven't been working on additional projects at the moment. I've been focusing on the blue star. Plus I've been having really bad sleep problems for a couple of weeks or so and have been up most of the indecent hours of the night/morning, so I have to occupy my time quietly. :( It's been reading books and crocheting on the Blue Star for me! :hook

I had the 16 9-patches completed last Friday, spent Saturday - Monday making the wedge units and attaching them. I just finished the edging after that yesterday morning.

Judi,

Not sure if you mean me (heehee!) I'm not fast, I just haven't been working on additional projects at the moment. I've been focusing on the blue star. Plus I've been having really bad sleep problems for a couple of weeks or so and have been up most of the indecent hours of the night/morning, so I have to occupy my time quietly. :( It's been reading books and crocheting on the Blue Star for me! :hook

Sometimes I lay awake - or wake up from DH's snoring:( - and want to go downstairs to read or crochet, but that involves stepping over (and waking) the 2 German shepherds who share our room:P:manyheart ...there's no way to quietly make my escape...or avoid "company"!

At least you're being productive!

Hope you make it through this rough time - lack of sleep...well, this forum won't print what I might have to say:lol . Take care!:hug

I have 3 on my hooks and 2 more that I started and set aside for a while downstars. My DH asked me to only work on one at a time. But, I can't. I know that there are some who work on one thing till they get it done, but I just can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

:lol :lol hehehe

before I joined the ville I only had one project on the go. Then I came here and well I had to buy more hooks for all my new projects. My crochet desk has squares and yarn all over the place. I have never had so much yarn in the house. New Cals come along and I want to join them so my project list is becoming bigger.

Looking forward to photo friday to see what everyone is doing. I will post a pic of my blocks that I have done so far.

Wendy,

I am with you. I would do one project at a time, and have pretty much gone back to doing it that way. I don't have the time to specnd myself out with too many projects. Although I do have a list of projects and future projects I am going to do. This baby blanket is taking forever. So I hope it is nice when I finish it. I changed thing a bit and am using the shells for the end edges only. I am so wanting to get this finished.

Archived