Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

Oh my Wendy that is Beautiful...Congrats on finishing it....

I have deserted mine guess i need to get back on it...Have been doing so many other things..:(

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take the camera home tonight and get pictures of the yarn for the next blue star I will be doing, and a picture of the sweater part of the layette thing I am making. I have only been getting an hour or so each night to work on it, so it has gone very slow for me. I am not use to taking this long on an outfit for a baby.

I'm looking forward to seeing the vivid colors of the next set of "Blue Star" gahns! You ladies are talented!!:yay

In another month or so I should be getting back to my poor neglected CALs...:)

OOOH, I'm in the third strip of 7 on my "other" ghan. But, when I'm done and come back here - who will be here WITH me? :think

:( I'll have no one to play with!

Poor Krystal...:(

I'll come and play - I won't wait. Even if I can only spend a half hour on it, I'll get something done. I DO love my colors...:manyheart

I'm still in for a hefty chunk of time I think. I just started doing the next group of 16 9-patches. :blink I have to run some errands, but if I remember I'll take pictures of what I have when I get home. The colors never seem to come out right at all by light bulb.

Wendy, GREAT colors:c9 ! Looks like many of the donated squares I've been joining! Did you pick the varigated first?

And Tabby - it's great you're on board...

Someone here suggested getting the varigated first and - especially for someone like me - it was the greatest help in picking the other colors.

I have the Blue star yarn - and pattern book - in a very pretty tote bag that I love (I'll have to post a pic of it when I get a chance) and I'm hoping it will give me the incentive to carry it around and do the rest of those #@&*# squares for the first round of the 9 patches!

My problem is I get lazy (I MUST have ADD). I hate having to stop crocheting to read directions! :(

hehe Judi just think you dont need to look at the directions for the granny blocks. Only problem with them is there are so many. Im going to do all of them first and the wedges and the half blocks before I start anything else.

Well I say that now but you know what its like when you want to see something come together.

hehe Judi just think you dont need to look at the directions for the granny blocks. Only problem with them is there are so many. Im going to do all of them first and the wedges and the half blocks before I start anything else.

Well I say that now but you know what its like when you want to see something come together.

That's why I raced to make the first 9-patch, so I could join it to the center star and see how it looked:D

I think making whatever I can BEFORE I have to join anything might be best for me - it'll look like it's coming together more quickly that way. Though I do still have a bazillion little squares waiting to be joined together for my cat quilt...so...so much for wanting to see it come together quickly!

I think I'll just dive into the Blue Star again and see where it takes me:)

Well, I will be here for a while as well. I have to finish the layette. It should have been done by this weekend, but I got too much work and no time to crochet. I have gotten the jacket done, and I am working on the bubble suit, I have the front yoke and both shounders and half of the back yoke finished. As well as a few motifs for the blanket done~8 out of 94 whole and 10 half to go. I took pics of the jacket last night, but I forgot the camera at home this morning, so this will have to wait til Monday. And I forgot to take pictures of the yarn for the second blue star anyway.

Wow. There have been lots of posts since I last got here. I have some reading ahead of me.

I have not seen yet if there are any more pictures. Wendy. That is going to be one bright afghan!!!! I to love those colors.

Judi. I had to pick my varigated before any other colors also.

I have gottn 6 of the 9-patch-wedge-9-patch pieces done. Should start to put those on Monday I think.

I'm going to be here a while myself. My first attempt at this afghan just wasn't working out very well. I got extremely frustrated with it so I put it aside for a while. I still want to make one because I think it's a very pretty afghan. I'm going to try using a different yarn. I think the yarn I purchased (RH ww) was somehow too thick. I know the variegated seemed thicker than the solids. I have a couple of other projects to finish before I start this one again.

Okay I had to go home so I grabbed the camera. I was a little off on the colors I did choose for the next star. I looked at so many that day and I wanted to felt this star and see how it would look that way. Anyway here are the pictures of the wool yarn I picked up for the second star.

Star2.jpg

And here is the jacket for the bubble suit layette that I am making for my friend.

bubble1.jpg

I really like the colors you're going to use for your next one. Blue and brown go so well together.

Cute jacket.

Archived