Duds for Doggies and Furry Ingrates CAL

darski

With all these new cals popping up all over the place, I was feeling left out by not starting ours until next week so here we are

I am going to begin with a sweater in Red and White this time

The first one I made didn't work because it was too long under the belly and was a problem for the "walking" times but would have been good for those non-walking rides in the car. (the owner dried it in a commercial dryer so now it would fit a Rot or something like that :wlol)

My second one will be fine for walking as it is a back only version with straps/ties

This time I want to make a belly version but have it part and separate in the danger :eek zone.

i really liked the black and white stripes so I'm trying red and white stripes with a "ribbed" neck and we'll see what we get from there.

I was just playing with my loaner puppy yesterday. i think it is time to send his owners on vacation again :yes

So, are others ready to begin now? There is no hurry just jump in when you can.

I'm adding in all the links that I can find in the thread. I think the CPC link should be the first stop - but I always think that :heehee

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/pet_items.php

http://www.crochetnmore.com/dogsweater-lindas.htm

this is the master page for the Chi ones:

http://www.geocities.com/dress_your_chi/index.htm

http://www.******/crochet/doggie2.html

http://www.crochetnmore.com/dogsweater.htm

Most of the patterns that we have listed are found on various lists of pats as at CPC. If I miss any - let me know and I will add as we find them.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started one for my puppy (Jack Russell Terrier) a few weeks ago. I was going to make it look like a Santa coat. It has a ribbed collar in white and the body of it is red and I was going to make a black belt to go around him as a strap, but I haven't finished it yet. I was thinking of making a different color strap now that Christmas is over, although the way I'm doing it I could make a couple different straps and change them anytime.

So I may have to jump in here so I can get it finished. I still have to get some black yarn to do the belt with, hopefully this weekend. :yarn :dog

I am thinking of a Jack that lives down the hall from me. She makes me smile just looking at her coming in the door.

I don't remember if the jingle collar had bells or not... hmmnn that could be why Tori said no.

It would look really cute on my local Jack though...:sigh

I want brownie points for not making the cow suit...

The only thing I could crochet for my lab and dobie right now would be something with an air freshner! Something obviously died back in the woods and when they went on their morning run to the creek they REEKED.... :no.....they are in the dog house ( actually the barn) tonight until they can wear off a little stink!

yah just gotta love those mutts eh? The only thing worse is what a cat brings home as a pressie.

I'm sorry, but I am laughing at your situation.

Been there done that with dogs. :dog

My Pharoah hound doubles as my mouser... lol... she killed 4 rats the week I got her.. scary to think I had that many in my yard! :eek

I'm in on this CAL for sure! I just got some yarn at Wal*Mart, so hideous (bright purple, yellow, orange, green) I just had to buy them. :P

I'm going to be off of work for the next week, so I can't wait to finish some projects and start some others!!

OH... and I'm using the pattern at this link:

http://www.hook-and-hype.de/?page_id=72

Funny you should mention this, because just last night I started one that Bernat has free on their site. The pattern is easy (and nice) but the small was toy-size, and the medium I think is a little too big around for the dachshund I'm making it for.... so not sure what I'm going to do here. Probably just put it together (seams up the belly) and hope for the best!

I'm about half done here - I'll post a pic when I'm done - I'm using two-tone gray as it's for a swap and I don't know the owner all that well. I figure at least it will stay clean!

OK, I guess I must join too. My parents have two puppies. One is a 6 month old Mini Schnauzer (Lacey) and the other is a 5 month very Mini Dachshund (Rosie). They are scared of rain/water and/or anything wet-ish. So they must have coats. I guess I must make them coats.

I'll join. My eldest DD just moved back home...and she bought her puppy. Six month old Yorkshire Terrier. She already asked me to make a sweater for him, so I've been looking at patterns. Nothing too intricate...he's just a pup.

Welcome aboard Lady. these little guys are fun to make for as it doesn't take too long.

I hit a bit of a snag... my reds are two different colours... :sigh if I had just started with the large skein it would have worked...

so my Red and White sweater will become a Red, White, Blue and Green sweater now. Life is never boring when you crochet

I would like to join this CAL. I don't have a dog, but my friend just got a puppy. And every time I see her/talk to her, she is talking about dog sweaters. I'd like to make one for her; even though she crochets, too. Only thing is.... it is teeeny! It's a Brussels Griffon. I'm thinking about making it 'Chi' sized. It would grow into it if it was too big. Every time it goes outside, it shakes when it comes back in. :(

Tina

Tina that is a cute little one. she will be easy to make for being so tiny. You could get one of these done in the time it takes to make and drink your :tea

I would guess she needs warm eh? so cute.

Any ideas for colour?

I am almost done with it! :hook The little sweaters work up quick! When I am done I will post a picture. (Maybe I'll be able to get one with Gerty in it.) :) It might be tomorrow though as I think I am going to be kicked out of here in a minute. :P

I want to make one for my brother's dog, too. I was thinking about this one. (His dog is a Boston, too.) I might have to jazz it up a bit, though. He is an L.A. dog. :blush

Tina

Hee Hee! I don't have a doggie here to model either, so I just used my arm. :P I finished it about twenty minutes after I got off the computer last night...

[/url]th_Picture1324.jpg

(Clickable.)

My fingers is where the front legs will be. I hope it fits her, it looks big. :think

Tina

That is so pretty. Just right for a little lady.

these things are like potato chips, no one can make just one

I am smiling like an idiot looking at that. Please try to get a pic of Gerty wearing it. she is going to feel so loved :)

I will try to get a picture of Gerty in it. She loves me (and I love her, too). Every time I come over she runs to me and jumps on my leg, 'Pick me up!' :manyheart I am always trying to take her home with me. Yesterday my friend said 'You can take that with you' (she was talking about a movie we could borrow), but she was pointing towards Gerty (who my son was also holding). I got all excited and said 'Gerty! You're coming home with us!' :lol

Tina

You mean this one? There is also a Chi granny one, but half the time the link doesn't work. I'll post it anyways. Oh it looks like it decided to work today. There is also a whole page of doggy sweaters at Crochet Pattern Central! :yes

Tina

Tina, is there a pattern somewhere for the sweater with the granny squares? That is so pretty.

Archived