Duds for Doggies and Furry Ingrates CAL

darski

I have made my sweater in Red and White. I am still working on the other one that was supposed to be red and white but is now having an addition of blue and green to go with the white

Will try to get pics tomorrow

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay... finally pictures of Ginger's (before trim)

Ginger1.jpg

Here are both the girls

doggieduds1.jpg

Here they are layed out. I didn't do the blanket part for Ginger, she is shaped like a greyhound, and it didn't look right. Not to mention she was so impatient for me to get done that she would keep trying to get it on when I was working on it... funny dog!

I used "bikini" for Kali (the smaller one) and "mexicana" for Ginger.

doggieduds2.jpg

Sorry if there is a lot of images here.

Yes. I did measure the dogs, but I found that having the dog there to try it on was easier and more acurate.

I am now working on a brown cable stitch sweater for the little Jack Russel down the hall from me.

she is a sweetheart and I would just love to do a pink sweater for her because she is a girly dog but she is white and tan so pink isn't a good match. Further, her 'Daddy' usually walks her and I don't think he would like it much. I might just add a pink heart to the chest area... :think

How exactly does one approach a dog owner with sweaters as offerings. The owner is a friendly guy and shares his puppy for petting - well, the worst that will happen is he will say, "No Thanks." so I will just go ahead with it. :dog

and more to the point in this thread

:eekpage two... oh the shame :wlol

I have made one kitty bed for my hubby's fuzzy bucket of a kitten... he is just too cute for words. The kitten, not my hubby. Well my hubby is cute too.

Now I am moving on to finding patterns for my parent's puppies.

I still have a cat bed that I kn*tted sitting here... (long story) I gave it to someone for their cat. Their cat died. They saved the cat bed, until they could give it back to me.... (Mind you, I live 1300 miles away from this person...) :blush I guess it doesn't bother me too much, but how can I give it to anyone else? 'Uh, yeah, I made for someone else, but their cat died, and they gave it back to me...' 'Uh, did the cat die in the bed?' :think 'I don't know' 'Uhhh... no thanks..'

I can't wait to see your next doggy dud, Darski! (Wow that's a tongue twister!) :P

I still haven't given Gerty her sweater yet. Her mommy is sick and I don't want any of her germs! :sick So I'm waiting til she's better to go over there...

Tina

Yeah, I probably could. I was kinda thinking about giving it to my dad, though. (And just not saying anything about the other cat?) :blush Or do you think the smell of the other cat would still be on it? It's been a year, at least... Well I'll probably do one or the other.

Couldn't you just donate that kitty bed to an animal shelter?

Some Febreeze would likely take care of any scent that remains. if I remember my Leave it to Beaver correctly... a touch of vanilla takes care of it too :wlol

I have been working on kitty rugs for the shelter nearby. Do shelters ever want sweaters?

I'm going to Gerty's house tomorrow! :bounce I'll bring my camera and take a picture of her in it. (I am pretty sure my friend will put it on her.) I hope it fits... :blink

Tina

Here's Gerty smelling her new sweater like crazy... 'What is it? What is it?'

th_Picture1347.jpg

Here's her little head sticking out; putting it on her :P ...

th_Picture1348.jpg

And here she is, with it on:

[/url]th_Picture1350.jpg

th_Picture1357.jpg

And here is her 'big brother', Winston.

th_Picture1353.jpg

He protects Gerty from other dogs... Look at how big he is, and how little she is. :P

th_Picture1358.jpg

(All images should be clickable.) I didn't think it would be big enough, but it fits her just perfect. (For now, anyway!)

Tina

I absolutely love your little photo essay. What a sweet thing. So when are you going to make one for Winston. I think he needs the tuxedo at the very least.

Gerty is so cute in that sweater. Thank you so much for bringing a smile into my life. Wonderful

Just discovered... your left side of the side by side pics trips us out of the thread. Dont know how to fix that

:think Huh? I thought I fixed that... Hold on...

Just discovered... your left side of the side by side pics trips us out of the thread. Dont know how to fix that

Now does it? (It doesn't for me...) Hope it works.:)

Oh, by the way. I did say 'Now I have to make you a sweater, Winston.' But my friend just laughed and said 'Oh no, he has enough fur he's always hot'. That would be probably the worlds' largest dog sweater, though, I think! :yes

Tina

here is a picture of my three sweaters.

the red and white stripe is for a min schanuzer

the brown is for a Jack Russel

The unfinished one is larger than I realized so I don't know what I will do with it. We have lots of dogs around here so it won't be a waste of yarn...that's for sure :manyheart :dog

dogduds.jpg

Darski they're all fabulous!! They sure will keep some doggy nice and warm, too. (Do you mind me asking what patterns you used? Or did you already say somewhere...) The red and white striped one is my favorite. :manyheart

I still have to make one for my brothers' Boston Terrier, too. Maybe I'll start on this weekend.

Tina

I was going to be nice an make some puppy coats for my parent's two puppies. However when I gave my mother the patterns for her approval. She threw them in the garbage and said that her dogs were too good for my awful crochet dog sweaters. :angry So I left very mad at myself for even offering to make them. So I guess I am finished with this CAL... I hope everyone else enjoys it. I think it is a very nice idea. My hubby's :cat kitten loves :bheart his new bed so all-in-all this has been good. :hook

I didn't actually have a pattern to speak of. i just start with the ribbing for the neck and then work out from there. In the R/W that you like though I did a FPDC ribbing for the neck. that is not as 'giving'.

I wish you could have seen my first one. It was black and white stripes, full sweater and had a red crochet heart attached to the chest area.

ah well someday maybe I will make another one like it but not til the hurt is gone.

Archived