Duds for Doggies and Furry Ingrates CAL

darski

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question for all of you - do you make any measurements of the dog before you start to crochet or how do you decide what size to make the sweater?

I picked this pattern because it seemed like an easy fit.I have seen the dog before but wanted to make the sweater a surprise, so I didn't want to ask for measurements. I just made the small size and kinda fudged the belly strap part and my co-worker said it fits perfectly. He even had his wife call to tell me how well it fit. I used RedHeart SS in Aran Fleck.

I have a question for all of you - do you make any measurements of the dog before you start to crochet or how do you decide what size to make the sweater?

i just start with a neck measurment

then go from there checking it against the dog every once in a while

to make sure its long enough. :yarn

Also, (to answer the question about measurements..) some patterns have how big/small the sweater will be when finished. If you have the dog, or can get a measurement, that would help... I know with my brother's Boston Terrier, I have no idea how big/small they are. So I am using the granny square sweater that has a Boston Terrier in it. :lol (I should get it pretty close, huh?)

Tina

Since I already finished the sweater for my co-worker's Corgi (Finished it on 12/26 and gifted it 12/28). I'm really a cat purrson, (I am the proud mom to 5 fur babies). I found this pattern:http://www.crochetnmore.com/dogsweater.htm. a sweater for a cat :yes if I made it could it be included in this CAL ? :think

Cookie that is so funny that Ginger was jealous. Animals do get jealous, though. I've seen it in my two cats I used to have.

The page I found the other version of the chi sweater I did on, has some pictures of cats in their sweaters. In case anyone is interested in seeing a cat in a sweater. I thought it was kind of strange when I first saw it, but.... Cats get cold, too. :cat

Tina

Just realized that's the same link Simply Hooked posted... sorry! :blush

Cookie, I love that sweater! I think it's beautiful.

I've gotten sidetracked on making the sweaters. I started making a toy chi that is life sized. I've been comparing it to Cocopuff as I go along and it really is the same size as her. It's at the same site as some of the other patterns for sweaters but you can only get to it half the time.

http://www.geocities.com/dress_your_chi//basic.html

I love that "model" Chi pattern. I should make that up and play with the hook or something to get a bit bigger.

I am sure that I am making mine too big but I don't have Gringo around to test this stuff. :sigh

Maybe I should try one for the little Jack down the hallway.

I've finished one front leg and most of the head. I'll finish it after I stuff it. I'm making it in a redwood color and white on the paws. What color you going to make yours? I thought this would be good for displaying sweaters. I want to open a shop in the Spring.

I put in some links on the first post so that they are together. if I missed yours, please let me know and I'll add them in.

BTW, Cookie please tell me that dear sweet face (Ginger) has her own coat by now. who could resist that face? :dog

Archived