Christmas with the Zoo

DesertCrocheter

Sue, my two remind you of your sister's sammy because they are Samoyeds (a.k.a. the best dogs in the world). :lol FYI, my girl dog and I are a therapy dog team and visit the local hospital. I always tell the kids this time of year that these are Santa's dogs, since they are sled dogs and reindeer herders from Siberia. Yea, not much for them to do in the desert but they get along just fine. :D You should see their faces when I put the reindeer antlers with jingle bells on their heads. They hate them!!

The first cat is about 16 or 18 years old, so he's allowed to be as grumpy as he wants. The next two are my girls, who did not like having the bandanas put on them but who then wore them for two days without complaining. I never 'dress' my animals, but when can you do when the human grandowner makes them gifts?

Patty

The yarn is the no-longer-made Caron holiday glitter and it has sparkly thread in it. The Dollar Tree (a discount store) had a sale on these last year, so I snapped up a bunch of them in the red, white, and green, and the antique Victorian glitter, which is a rosy red, off white, goldish, dark green variegated. Mom and I have been trying to figure out what to make with them while she's visiting, and that's the best we've been able to come up with. Mom did make me a small wreath I hung in front of a window. Patty

Archived