Mortal Kombat!

Phoenix

I know some folks on here do not approve of Mortal Kombat or that type of fighting game (or video games) in general. But I run with a gaming crowd, and so I had to try to make this:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q201/phoenixcrochet/MortalKombatLogoTapestry.jpg

I wanted to try a slightly more ambitious piece of tapestry crochet with this, but still only juggle two colors. And even though I never played video games growing up and would never play MK, it has a special place in my heart. 1) my bf loves it and 2) I've met the guys who were the original motion capture characters. The Pesina brothers, Daniel and Carlos, were Johnny Cage/Scorpion/Subzero/Reptile/other pallete swaps and Raiden. And I did makeup for them for our movie after they graciously agreed to guest star.

Yes, I put makeup on Johnny Cage for a movie :)

Even if you don't know MK...you gotta love that logo :devil

That is amazing. I've had a similiar idea of doing a crocheted gaming project for a video game my DH and I love. Already have the flags, just need the yarn. You did a great job and I'm sure your BF loves it.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Wow! Finally my sons think crocheting is cool! Thanks for sharing

Hooray! Now maybe you'll get the respect you deserve for knowing how to do this awesome craft that let's you do anything you can think of :)

Aunt Kellie- what video game are you making your project for? I'd love to hear about other gaming crochet :)

It's for Final Fantasy 11, the only online Final Fantasy game. I'm going to do the flags for the main cities in crochet and sew them together as the front part of the afghan and with the flags of the 8 crafting guilds I'll use smaller squares as a backing to make it reversable. My friends in the game keep asking when I'm going to start on it so they can convince me to let them buy it off eBay.

My hubby's also been hinting he wouldn't mind snuggling up under a Resident Evil or Silent Hill blankie. I told him he can have it if I get to go on yarn buying binge.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

:hook

oh, btw... I was the gamer that got HIM into it... until I became a little OCD on crocheting..!!! hehe

Haha! Yeah, I don't think anyone's figured out how to game and crochet at the same time :) Maybe if you get a Nintendo Wii and use the wii mote in one hand and the crochet hook in the other? Not that would help in online games...

Hmm...maybe I'll stick to watching other play games while I play with yarn

Archived