Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, Jewel, Heather, Kelle,Tracey and Wanda you all are creating wonderful masterpieces. I hope I did not miss someone.

Tracey both my girls are artistic. My youngest (15) has just completed a mural for a shopping centre. Unfortunately, both show no signs of wanting to crochet.

I have completed 10 more motifs for the BS but have not whip stitched them to the main piece so no photo until Friday. I only managed 4 and a bit while I was with my dad while he underwent tests on Thursday. I did manage to show two ladies how to make popcorns and to educate one male that I was not knitting ...

I also am completing a baby afghan for a colleague and have frogged a UFO. The baby piece is white, baby blue and mint so I should not be suffering colour withdrawal. But, alas, I am! I just need a colour fix.... so I am using the yarn from the ex-UFO to make a quilt. I posted my progress in the quilt thread.

Cookie - That is lovely!:cheer You'r off to a great start.

Julie - I don't know what the name of the dark green is. It was some that I picked up years ago and wound the skeins into balls. I liked the color a lot and bought a lot of it, but after winding the skeins I didn't save the label, so don't even know what brand it was any more.:think

Cookie - love your square ! It looks like another antique pattern . Some of these are gonna be so neat when finished - like an heirloom that Grandma made . I love things like that .

Ines- that was funny -- it sounds like you are educating one person at a time about knitting vs crochet .

I know, most people call it KNITTING too when I am crocheting . :lol

Heather I love the colors that you are using. They are so bright and vibrant. I think that would drive me crazy though all those little squares to join.

I have finally finished one row and now have a better idea of how many squares I am going to need. It looks like I need to make 72 and I have nine done and one in progress. Or I guess I can look at it as I have seven more rows to make. That sounds less daunting.

ladeis your photos are more than awsom

i can`t describe one by one words won`t be enough

i know i`m too late but i had my reasons please fprgive me

ireached 38'' and working too slow i`m little bit tired and getting little sick because of the women monthly stuff

i promise to be the first to post pictures next friday

here it is for this week

not the best but belive me not the worst :hook

th_002.jpg

there will be 4th colour and in the end it will look better than now :blush

Morning Ladys~ everyone ready for Superbowl Sunday. I plan on sneaking off to my room, and watching the Closer

Athba~ So beautifully done. I can't wait till next friday when you have more done. I love the way you are working it.

During the superbowl...besides eating the best salsa (purchased from our favorite Mexican restaurant):D ...I'll be making squares for either my Happy House quilt or motifs for this CAL...I don't have to pay attention to the patterns for either!:hook

Thanks for the encouragement everyone...

This bedspread seems a lot like filet (?sp)

I really like it, and so does the hubby...

Kelle - yeah I'm going to follow the pattern. I might need to buy more yarn, but I really like the way this panel is turning out.

Should have it done by next photo friday!

Archived