Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Wanda - that is gorgeous! :)

....I have 14 (out of 27) loops / chains connected. I'll post pictures when I get home tonight...

Can't wait to see more pics!

~k

I've worked hard on my BS this week, partially to make up for doing very little last week. Mostly because I'm now at the halfway point and I wanted so see the look of it somewhere but as a mental image. Kim and Trouble are in the background. They are my cheerleaders here at home. :cheer Trouble loves to curl up on it while I'm crocheting, which is interesting when I want to flip it over to work on the other side.:dog Sarge likes to curl up on it when I'm working on it downstairs, which is interesting, too. He sheds all over it. :cat

DCP_0978.jpg

No pictures, but I added 2 and 2/3rds squares to my pile...waiting till I have most - if not all - done, so I know what arrangement I'll be putting the colors in.

Well this is how far I am so far.

http://photos.simpsonstuff.net:88/view_album.php?page=1&set_albumName=album16

It is slow going, but it was nice to see it on my bed. I need to add a couple more squares on the side so that it hangs over. Everyones looks so great so far. I can't wait to see more pics. I can't believe how far along everyone is. I think I will be the last one working on this CAL.

Jewel, very, very nice work! Next time I'll use all the same color like you did - I just had so much stash, I couldn't bring myself to buy more - yet:devil

I love my wheel lattice pattern, though. It looks classy! I just might use it again in something else down the road.

Thanks Linda and Judi, I love the color and since my birthday is coming up next week, I told my MIL if she wanted she could buy me more of that yarn. We will see. I had asked for gift cards to Joann's, but she thinks that money and gift cards are to impersonal. It is just hard, because we live so far away now and we can't just go shopping together.

Here is my Trip around the world so far. I've gotten the yellow, red and dark blue on it in the last week.

th_crochet020.jpg

I think I'm going to make this for my guest bed now since it's smaller my bed is a queen and the quest bed is a full, that's if I don't change my mind soon and make it a throw:heehee I'm going to put the 2nd row of the next 6 colors yet and see what the size is to make up my mind.

Wow everyone spreads look great, Wanda you have got to be the popcorn queen. Heather I love the colors, reminds me of spring with all the flowers in bloom. Jewel, that burgundy is beautiful.

Just popping in to say great job Wanda on the popcorns! Must have missed that earlier :)

And Jewel, those are popcorns you're doing too, right? Wowsers!

Heather, I love your ATW quilt :cheer... such bright colours, keep up the good work!

Must dash off now, have work to finish, then I can play for a bit and snap some pics of mine to share...

ttfn...

~k

Here are my first pics (all clicky) :)

This is the chain I started this week: have 14 out of 27 done.

th_P1010018.jpg

This is a close-up of one of the previously completed strips

th_P1010016.jpg

...and this is a view of 5 of them side-by-side (on my table)

th_P1010015.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder if I won't need more than 10 or 11... these 5 only measure ~32" so 10 strips would only be about 5'6" across (plus border)... I measured the length, and I have no idea what I was thinking 12 years ago, but they are almost 7'6" long!:eek

~k

That is really neat Kelle I've never seen that pattern.

Everybodies looks so pretty.

Thanks for the compliments, I wanted to use some major colors since all I've been doing lately is whites and pinks I needed something with punch lol.

Hi Folks, sorry I got behind on posts yesterday !

Linda -love how your BS is coming along-- what is the bluish-green, is it teal ? It sets off the other colors so nicely!

Jewel - Just beautiful-- what a showpiece. That is gonna be a pass-me-down to someone special in many years to come . I bet I know who will get it ! :)

Heather- beautiful colors-- it is very pretty and cheery .

Kelle-Love seeing your pattern. I have seen it in a booklet ,but never actually made by anyone else. It is certainly pretty !

Kelle~I did the spread about three/ four years ago for my newphew and his wife. Well, something close to it. It was called a wedding ring afghan back then If I am not mistaken. Later found out that they are not into homemade items. Yours looks beautiful. I love the color combination.

Morning, everybody. I just crawled out of bed. I need a mug of tea to help me wake up. :coffee Today is going to be another day of cleaning and organizing in preparation for guests next week. I was very stiff and sore when I went to bed last night, but not too bad this morning. I am going to do some crocheting tomorrow during the Super Bowl game. By then it may be all I'm capable of doing.:hook

Kelle - That is stunning! :yay:cheer I've never seen that pattern before, but it is GREAT! Given the length of the strips, you will probably need more than 10 or 11 to make it look right. It's going to be huge, but great to wrap yourself up in on cold days and/or nights.

Archived